The Student Room Group

University applicants 2016 thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by giadamicolucci
I googled it and nothing came up, and UCAS has already told me that my application has been sent to my choices. Should I stop worrying about it?
(thank you so much for your answer anyway)

Hmm how long ago was this? You could be okay (luckily!) but check again tomorrow. I would stop worrying, you're probably okay and it's out of your hands now!
Original post by antigone-
Hmm how long ago was this? You could be okay (luckily!) but check again tomorrow. I would stop worrying, you're probably okay and it's out of your hands now!

I received it half an hour ago. (I'm not that stupid, I swear, it was just an error)

Anyway, hello everyone. I'm an international student and I applied for Psychology to St Andrews, Edinburgh, Stirling, Aberdeen and Strathclyde.
For any international/non-UK students - Did you mention why you wanted to study in the UK?
Original post by Oakflame
For any international/non-UK students - Did you mention why you wanted to study in the UK?

Yes, I did it in my last paragraph. (Btw I'm an EU student from Italy)
I received it half an hour ago. (I'm not that stupid, I swear, it was just an error)

Anyway, hello everyone. I'm an international student and I applied for Psychology to St Andrews, Edinburgh, Stirling, Aberdeen and Strathclyde.

Everybody makes mistakes haha dw :smile:
Yes, I did it in my last paragraph. (Btw I'm an EU student from Italy)

I am a bit insecure whether it is really necessary or not... I'm from Sweden :smile: What are you applying for?

Yes, I just presumed you were meant to mention your reasoning around the prospect of studying in the UK instead of in your own country. (I'm from Sweden) :smile:
I am a bit insecure whether it is really necessary or not... I'm from Sweden :smile: What are you applying for?

Lol just saw this (tror att det står UCAS hemsidan för EU studenter att man ska skriva det i sitt PS, inte helt säker dock) if you feel that it's unnecessary and doesn't do anything good for your PS then perhaps leave it out

I'm applying for psychology! I think you'd better do it as even the ucas site in the personal statement section for international students asks you to write why you want to study in the UK rather than in your own country
Original post by npstudent
X

You've applied to 3 of the same courses as me :smile: I've applied for Law at Oxford, LSE, Warwick, Bristol and Durham
I received an offer for physics at Warwick within 24hours of sending off my application :biggrin:
Original post by npstudent
Law at Oxford, UCL, LSE, Warwick and Southampton. And yourself?

Pharmacy at Bradford, KCL, LJMU, Sunderland and Cardiff

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, in the last paragraph

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard of York giving out History/Politics offers yet or is it just sciences so far? Well done to everybody with offers! :smile:
Offer from Liverpool and Newcastle for bio med, happy days :biggrin:
Reply 795
Course: Computer forensics
Universities: Liverpool john moores, chester, leeds beckett, manchester met, wolverhampton
GCSE grades:A*BBBBCCC
AS grades (predicted/achieved): achieved BCD
A2 grades (predicted/achieved):Predicted ABB after re-sitting some AS modules due to underperforming
I know someone who applied to York for history of art and someone who applied for English and both now have offers
I recieved an offer 2 days ago from university of manchester for psychology - AAB
Original post by Tessie Ericsson
Lol just saw this (tror att det står UCAS hemsidan för EU studenter att man ska skriva det i sitt PS, inte helt säker dock) if you feel that it's unnecessary and doesn't do anything good for your PS then perhaps leave it out

Haha fair enough! Inte många svenskar TSR! What are you applying for?

I'm applying for psychology! I think you'd better do it as even the ucas site in the personal statement section for international students asks you to write why you want to study in the UK rather than in your own country

Yup, I saw that too - but I wasn't sure how important it was. Psychology, nice! I just started reading psychology and it's very interesting :h:

Original post by PlayerBB
Yes, in the last paragraph
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm trying to incorporate it in my last paragraph as well!
Reply 799
I got an offer from Warwick for straight history two days after I sent off my application. I'm predicted A*AA but my offer is AAA because I only got ACC at AS. x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending