The Student Room Group

University applicants 2016 thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dontknowhy
I received an offer for physics at Warwick within 24hours of sending off my application :biggrin:

Predicted grades?

Grats!
Original post by connieiscrazy
Has anyone had any Law offers yet?

I received an offer for Law and Politics at QMUL yesterday :smile:
When the co-ordinator sends of the application, does it say on track straight away? I asked my teacher when she's going to send it off and she said she would today. However, the last update from UCAS is that the references have been approved. Is it the case of my teacher not sending it off or the delay for UCAS to reply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ranayounis
I had the EXACT same issue. I had finished my application about a week and a half before we sent it off and it took her ages to write my reference. Good luck with your application when you send it off though! I've applied to Bristol, Warwick and Nottingham as well but for Law (got an offer from Warwick today). Tell me how it goes for you!

"I'll have it done by the end of the day" she said. "You can see your references then and send it" she said.
:no::no::no:

Congrats on your offer already! What do you need?:awesome:
I'll let you know :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BobbyFlay
What were your GCSE's?
If you don't mind me asking

12 A*
Original post by ranayounis
Ohh good luck! :biggrin: Hope everything goes well with you, let me know maybe? :smile:

Thanks, best of luck to you as well :smile: Yep I'll be on here the minute I get an offer anyways haha :biggrin: Let me know how you get on as well?
Original post by Leechayy
That irritating moment when you complete your application early but your referee takes ages to do their bit:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Gotta wait for my references to be put together then I can send it off!
I'm applying for Bristol, Sheffield, Nottingham, Warwick and Loughborough for CompSci:redface:

Hoping for Bristol tbf...
Posted from TSR Mobile

3 of the same universities as me! I'm going for Data Science at Warwick + Nottingham and Maths + CS at Bristol + UCL, and lastly CS at Oxford.

Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I GOT MY FIRST OFFER!! Kent, for Criminology. Really confused though- when I applied the grades were ABB, but I was offered BBB. So I just looked on the Kent website and now the general entry requirements have changed to BBB? No idea why they would change the entry requirements
Original post by caracharlotte
I GOT MY FIRST OFFER!! Kent, for Criminology. Really confused though- when I applied the grades were ABB, but I was offered BBB. So I just looked on the Kent website and now the general entry requirements have changed to BBB? No idea why they would change the entry requirements

Because the demand for that subject has decreased, so they responded by lowering the entry reqs. Entry reqs are mostly governed by how popular the course/uni is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leechayy
"I'll have it done by the end of the day" she said. "You can see your references then and send it" she said.
:no::no::no:

Congrats on your offer already! What do you need?:awesome:
I'll let you know :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The struggle, I feel you so much. Thank you! I need 38 points hahaha.
HELP!!!!'

I don't know whether to apply to Warwick for Film and Literature AAB. My predicted grades the same of AAB.

But my GCSE grades ARE PRETTY DAMN POOR??? D in maths??? (I will be retaking) I do, however have an a* in lit and lang if that helps in anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got acknowledgement emails for 4/5 universities now! Have Oxford, King's, York & St Andrews, only waiting for Warwick. Sent my application yesterday afternoon. King's said they most likely will get back to me with a decision within 6 weeks... 6 WEEKS!!!! That's freaking scary :ahhhhh:What if they don't get back within 6 weeks??
Original post by Princepieman
Because the demand for that subject has decreased, so they responded by lowering the entry reqs. Entry reqs are mostly governed by how popular the course/uni is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, thanks! Thats good for me I guess. How can they know so early on though?
Reply 993
Does anyone know if Leeds is a gathered field uni or will it send offers throughout the year?
just got an offer from bath for politics with economics!!
Course: Biology/Neuroscience
Universities: Bristol, Durham, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester
GCSE grades: 4A*s, 3As, 3Bs
AS grades (achieved): ABBC
A2 grades (predicted): AAB
Subjects: Maths, Chemistry, Biology
Extra Curricular: Trips to the biochemistry labs at warwick university, wider reading, part time job, also have a family history in neuroscience

have received offers from Leeds and Liverpool, acknowledgements from Bristol and Durham just waiting on Manchester but i'm considering changing it to St Andrews but I know they take ages to reply???

okay, is ANYONE else applying for biology courses? I've seen a few for biochemistry/biomedical/neuroscience but not a single person apply for biology??? And I'm the only person in my year doing biology (although, our class is only 6 now) its very strange…
(edited 8 years ago)
No offers for me yet :cry2: but then again I am a medic so I've probably got to wait until March for any offers :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:
Original post by missymc1997
Oooh Good luck!! :smile: I received an offer today from Warwick! It took them a week to respond. I'm sure your offers will start flooding in soon :smile:))

Congrats for Warwick! I got Kings today, so happy :smile:
Original post by Euphrosyne.
Congrats for Warwick! I got Kings today, so happy :smile:

Woop Woop! Well Done :smile:
Original post by caracharlotte
Oh, thanks! Thats good for me I guess. How can they know so early on though?

They'll have done some form of offer review session using the data from the previous application cycle most likely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending