The Student Room Group

racquet suggestions needed

hi :smile:I really wanna buy a new racquet to play with as I am gonna join the club (proper one though) straight after my GCSEs n I really wanna beat players by my skills n my racquet too (not beating thm with racquet though LOL)....
I really want loads of suggestions on best racquet.... N it should b light n good in power smash n good in everything....
well the price range I am looking for is above £40 but less thn £50, n I know that I still can find best racquets on low price... But I really need ur suggestions plzzzzz
I have chose some!!! But didn't buy one... My parents gonna buy thm for me after my GCSEs as my b-day present which was in may... But I didn't ask anything to them on my b-day due to my exams... But they r gonna buy one for me though...
so... Plzzz find me some best racquets... That's would b great... I will also rep u if u post here relevant to this topic :wink:
BADMINTON RACQUET BTW!!
thanks in advance
(edited 8 years ago)
What sport are you playing? Many different types of racquets
Original post by fatima1998
hi :smile:I really wanna buy a new racquet to play with as I am gonna join the club (proper one though) straight after my GCSEs n I really wanna beat players by my skills n my racquet too (not beating thm with racquet though LOL)....
I really want loads of suggestions on best racquet.... N it should b light n good in power smash n good in everything....
well the price range I am looking for is above £40 but less thn £50, n I know that I still can find best racquets on low price... But I really need ur suggestions plzzzzz
I have chose some!!! But didn't buy one... My parents gonna buy thm for me after my GCSEs as my b-day present which was in may... But I didn't ask anything to them on my b-day due to my exams... But they r gonna buy one for me though...
so... Plzzz find me some best racquets... That's would b great... I will also rep u if u post here relevant to this topic :wink:
thanks in advance

I assume you're talking about badminton, you didn't actually say!

I play with the Yonex Arcsaber 7 and I love it, but I started off on a 4 I think which is only about £60, personally I think it's better to spend a little bit more and get a good racquet you can keep for a long time.

If you're still looking to spend below £50 the arcsaber 1 or 2 are about £25-30 and they're still good, not sure what happened to the arcsaber 3 but I can't find it anywhere

I haven't tried racquets other than arcsabers so I'm sure other people will have opinions but I think they're great.
Reply 3
Original post by will_jg
What sport are you playing? Many different types of racquets

Oops sorry!!! I forget to mention... Badminton is my babe :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by Gaiaphage
I assume you're talking about badminton, you didn't actually say!

I play with the Yonex Arcsaber 7 and I love it, but I started off on a 4 I think which is only about £60, personally I think it's better to spend a little bit more and get a good racquet you can keep for a long time.

If you're still looking to spend belowm min £50 the arcsaber 1 or 2 are about £25-30 and they're still good, not sure what happened to the arcsaber 3 but I can't find it anywhere

I haven't tried racquets other than arcsabers so I'm sure other people will have opinions but I think they're great.

well!!! I don't mind upto £60 though!!! But can u also send me some website links if its possible...
naaah I am not buy £25 to £30 they r tooooo cheap...
gave u a rep btw... :wink:
well!!! I don't mind upto £60 though!!! But can u also send me some website links if its possible...
naaah I am not buy £25 to £30 they r tooooo cheap...
gave u a rep btw... :wink:

http://www.yonex.com/products/badminton/racquets/arcsaber-series/arcsaber-4dx/ is the arcsaber 4 which I really liked
Reply 6

so u liked the 4 one, not the 7 one???
thanks btw foe ur help :smile:
so u liked the 4 one, not the 7 one???
thanks btw foe ur help :smile:

I used to have the 4 but now I have the 7, they're both really good but the 7 is a bit lighter etc. It's over £100 thought which is why I thought the 4 might be better
Reply 8
I used to have the 4 but now I have the 7, they're both really good but the 7 is a bit lighter etc. It's over £100 thought which is why I thought the 4 might be better

so the 7 one is over £100... What the heck!!! How come ur parents can buy that expensive racquet for u!!! U must b lucky there thn... Because my parents think that I am dumb in badminton :frown:
lucky u there:smile:
did u join any club n if so where about???
Reply 9
https://www.pdhsports.com offer a 10 day trial. If you buy the racket and decide you don't like it, you can send it back. They also offer really good service and quick delivery.
Yonex/Carlton are the best for badminton racquets I recommend checking how much it weighs as this will make a huge difference, get the lightest one possible so you can swing it fast which will generate more power.
so the 7 one is over £100... What the heck!!! How come ur parents can buy that expensive racquet for u!!! U must b lucky there thn... Because my parents think that I am dumb in badminton :frown:
lucky u there:smile:
did u join any club n if so where about???

I got it for my 17th birthday and christmas combined and it's going to last me through university so I think it's worth it! I only have one racquet though... most people at my club have 3-4! Yeah I joined a club when I was about 15 near cambridge where I live, been there 3 years now and it's helped so much to play every week and I've meet loads of cool people
Original post by josh_v
https://www.pdhsports.com offer a 10 day trial. If you buy the racket and decide you don't like it, you can send it back. They also offer really good service and quick delivery.

ohhh cool!!!! Thanks josh:wink:
Original post by RhymeAsylumForever
Yonex/Carlton are the best for badminton racquets I recommend checking how much it weighs as this will make a huge difference, get the lightest one possible so you can swing it fast which will generate more power.

well currently I have carton one which is only £15 n I bought it from my own pocket money.... But now I have a chance to buy a little expensive racquet :wink:
I got it for my 17th birthday and christmas combined and it's going to last me through university so I think it's worth it! I only have one racquet though... most people at my club have 3-4! Yeah I joined a club when I was about 15 near cambridge where I live, been there 3 years now and it's helped so much to play every week and I've meet loads of cool people

I AM JEALOUS....
but I am gonna join too... Hope my parents let me

Quick Reply

Latest