The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 713Wave
Hello fellow pharmacy applicants :tongue:, I need some advice on which pharmacy school I should put as my firm:
- University of Nottingham (AAB offer including chemistry)
- University of Manchester (AAB offer including maths, chemistry and biology, apparently they will accept students with ABB)

All advice will be much appreciated, thank you.

N.B: has anyone had a DSA meeting at the uni of Manchester, have they really reduced the conditional offer (would they do it for a T1 diabetic like me?), and if they do offer a reduced conditional offer, can you put either as your firm or backup?

Usually with manchester im sure after the interview based on how you did on the day they will offer AAB or if you did really good ABB (i know someone who got that)...they did say putting them as your firm choice they may let ABB people in dependin on the results of everyone else so don't rely on them doing that.
Im not sure about your last question but usually if they say gave you ABB then yes you could insure them as your lower offer
Hope this helped mate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey everyone,

Any advice would be much appreciated,
Im studying pharmacology at uni and i applied to pharmacy with my a-level results and got a conditional offer to start pharmacy this September. The conditional offer is based on getting an A in chemistry this year because I didnt get it in my first attempt. The universities have said that they wont look at my uni results this year AT ALL and will accept me based purely on my a-level results (getting the A in chem).
Uni work is a LOT of work and there are books and books that we must go over. I feel that i should be revising for chemistry A-level because that is what is gonna get me in. What would be the wise thing to do here? Uni exams are literally happening now and i am nowhere near prepared. Id rather just focus on chemistry from now on and get the grade i need because i 1000% want to do pharmacy.
What would you do in my situation?
Thank you x
Original post by Misssyeda01
hey everyone,

Any advice would be much appreciated,
Im studying pharmacology at uni and i applied to pharmacy with my a-level results and got a conditional offer to start pharmacy this September. The conditional offer is based on getting an A in chemistry this year because I didnt get it in my first attempt. The universities have said that they wont look at my uni results this year AT ALL and will accept me based purely on my a-level results (getting the A in chem).
Uni work is a LOT of work and there are books and books that we must go over. I feel that i should be revising for chemistry A-level because that is what is gonna get me in. What would be the wise thing to do here? Uni exams are literally happening now and i am nowhere near prepared. Id rather just focus on chemistry from now on and get the grade i need because i 1000% want to do pharmacy.
What would you do in my situation?
Thank you x

If they don't care about what you get this year in uni focus on chemistry Alevel not if the uni exams because without the A in chemistry you won't meet your offer
Reply 2943
Hello Everyone,

I got offers from University of Ulster and UEA (included placement), but I could not decide which University is better. I am thinking about working in the hospital after I complete the degree. Should I accept the UEA offer? I heard they have good placement in hospital.

Any advice woudl be appreciated.
HELP!!! I've just realised KCL is the only place which haven't mentioned anything about a DBS form or vaccines. Does anyone know if I've just missed something or this is actually the case.

Please help i'm freaking out
Original post by lalalaaala
Who else has firmed Aston? Any groups?

I have! :biggrin:
Original post by Jenkin
Hello Everyone,

I got offers from University of Ulster and UEA (included placement), but I could not decide which University is better. I am thinking about working in the hospital after I complete the degree. Should I accept the UEA offer? I heard they have good placement in hospital.

Any advice woudl be appreciated.

Hospital Pre-reg is difficult to get, the thing which helps is a lot prior experience within Hospital pharmacy. Maybe this info might help you make an informed decision.
Original post by amal.pharmacy
HELP!!! I've just realised KCL is the only place which haven't mentioned anything about a DBS form or vaccines. Does anyone know if I've just missed something or this is actually the case.

Please help i'm freaking out

When I was accepted and went onto to study at the University of Bath, I was not required to fill out a DBS until we were half way through semester one, but it was facilitated by the University. As for vaccinations, we were not required to get vaccinated. KCL may adopt the same approach. Best to check by sending the university a quick email, or giving them a phone call.
Reply 2948
Thanks for your advice, which university (Ulster or UEA) has a better pharmacy program in your opinion?
Original post by Jenkin
Thanks for your advice, which university (Ulster or UEA) has a better pharmacy program in your opinion?

I'll be honest I don't know, I haven't been to either of the uni's so I can't help you.
Original post by lalalaaala
Who else has firmed Aston? Any groups?
I've firmed Aston as well :biggrin:
Thisis for the people whonapplied to Birmigham, did you send a copy of your passport or the orginal document for the DBS
This is for the people who applied to Birmingham. Did you send a copy of your passport or the original document for the DBS check? Thank you
Just firmed an unconditional at Keele! Does anyone know of any groups/chats for it? :smile:
Hey guys,
I've firmed Huddersfield. I was wondering where you could find a weekly timetable. Or if you know anyone who does Pharmacy there, that I could ask? Thanks

Original post by NadeemKha_Arab
Has anybody been given an offer at Huddersfield?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by CookieMonster786
Yeah, have you?
Reply 2955
Anyone going to Strathclyde in September? 🙋🏻
Original post by JS98
Anyone going to Strathclyde in September? 🙋🏻

hopefully me depending if i get the grades 😁
Reply 2957
Original post by euandonaghy
hopefully me depending if i get the grades 😁

Same. What is your condition? :smile:
Original post by JS98
Same. What is your condition? :smile:

A in chem, B in maths & bio 😁 wbu?
Reply 2959
Original post by euandonaghy
A in chem, B in maths & bio 😁 wbu?

Wow that's a tough condition. Just a C in bio and B in chemistry :smile: Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending