The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Pharmacy with foundation year?

Hi, has anyone got a reply for Pharmacy with a foundation year yet?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Natasha123123
Hi, has anyone got a reply for Pharmacy with a foundation year yet?

Do your reserach on pharmacy and find out the facts. there are many threads on these forums from students and graduates who chose it and have regretted it. It does you no harm finding out the facts before you commit.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
What do you mean that they regretted it?
What do you mean that they regretted it?

Posters saying they regretted it. Too many pharmacy graduates. Poor working conditions, limited career opportunitues, poor morale, boring work. Use the search engine an you cna rea for yourself. Optometry not as bad, but not good. Dind out how many are employed doing what to get a true picture from open days.

Its important for you to do your research , especially if you are going to pay for foundation year as well.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3930485#primary_content

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3801651#primary_content

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4421086#primary_content
Original post by 999tigger
Posters saying they regretted it. Too many pharmacy graduates. Poor working conditions, limited career opportunitues, poor morale, boring work. Use the search engine an you cna rea for yourself. Optometry not as bad, but not good. Dind out how many are employed doing what to get a true picture from open days.

That's certainly not the feedback we receive from our students. As you'll find out on Unistats, independent of the university, a strong 88% of people are satisified with the quality of our course. 100% of our recent graduates have gone on to work or further study after our course. 100% of those graduates in employment were in a professional or managerial job. We are in the top 10 in the National Student Survey 2016 for our academic support, learning resources and personal development and in the top 10 in the Guardian University Guide 2017. Moreover, UEA is a Top 15 institution, so while we're arguably biased we certainly have had different feedback!
Yes, this is what I saw on the UEA website which made me have positive thoughts about the University and I have read all sorts of feedback from past students which mainly said that they loved being in this University. Thank You.
Please could you tell me when the UEA will reply to students applying for Pharmacy with a foundation year?
Please could you tell me when the UEA will reply to students applying for Pharmacy with a foundation year?

Typically with courses that require interview they take place in February/March. So if it's like other courses you'll start to hear in the coming weeks. It is a very busy time with the UCAS deadline this week, so I appreciate your patience :smile:
That's great, thank you. :smile:
Original post by University of East Anglia
That's certainly not the feedback we receive from our students. As you'll find out on Unistats, independent of the university, a strong 88% of people are satisified with the quality of our course. 100% of our recent graduates have gone on to work or further study after our course. 100% of those graduates in employment were in a professional or managerial job. We are in the top 10 in the National Student Survey 2016 for our academic support, learning resources and personal development and in the top 10 in the Guardian University Guide 2017. Moreover, UEA is a Top 15 institution, so while we're arguably biased we certainly have had different feedback!

It isnt about the quality of your course or whether you get a job. It is about the career you can expect in pharmacy afterwards. There are numerous threads on these forums concerning a career in pharmacy. Maybe they are people with an axe to grind, but I would do my research before committing myself and knowing what i was letting myself in for.
Yes, this is what I saw on the UEA website which made me have positive thoughts about the University and I have read all sorts of feedback from past students which mainly said that they loved being in this University. Thank You.

It isnt about the Uni it is about Pharmacy as a career. Simply pointing it out to you as i always prefer to do my research when making importnat decisions..
Hi everyone, I have also applied to UEA to study Pharmacy with a Foundation year. I'm pleased I'm not the only one who hasn't heard back yet!
Yep i know what you mean!
Yep i know what you mean!

Have you heard back from any of your unis yet??
Original post by Pharmacist111
Have you heard back from any of your unis yet??

Yes just UEA im waiting for
Yes just UEA im waiting for

Which have you heard back from??
Hi I am second Year MPharm Student, I started out on the foundation course, happy to answer any Q's
Original post by YouSponge
Hi I am second Year MPharm Student, I started out on the foundation course, happy to answer any Q's

Hi, how easy or difficult is the foundation year and how is it like a full timetable where you go everyday from 9 till 3?
Original post by Pharmacist111
Which have you heard back from??

Sorry for the late reply, Bradford, Keele, Wolverhampton where else have you applied and heard back from?
Hi

It is very full time, you're looking at Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm and Wednesday afternoons off. Modules for me were Maths, Chemistry, Biology first semester and in the second semester maths was replaced with a Pharmacy module which included Thermodynamics.
If you have recently studied your A Levels you shouldn't find it extremely difficult. The foundation year is mixed with other science students, and the pass marks to gain entry to each course are different.
When I did foundation year each module required a 75% pass overall, except in Chemistry where each test/exam needed to be 75% or above. I am unsure if this has changed.
Oh ok thank you and is it difficult to get 75%?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending