The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mygroup
yep i had the interview its a group interview but no need to be stressed out
they asked why pharmacy, chirality and enantiomers, code of conduct, and news of drugs that are relatively new

any more questions your welcome to ask

Hi, what do you mean about code of conduct? Oh and what new drugs did they ask about if you don't mind saying xx
Has anyone heard from LJMU yet?
Original post by hugo13
Around 20th of November! So it did take a while. If u don't have a reply yet don't worry, I was pessimistic until recently. :smile: btw what r u predicted? x

I applied on the 5th November.. No reply at all I don't know what to do. And ABB wbu?
Got an offer for Manchester ABB!:h: My predicted grades are A*A*A though so not sure why it's so low!
Original post by 11hedd11
Well done! I got one two weeks ago! Is that your first choice? :smile:

Thanks! Congrats to you too, I still have interviews from Nottingham and Aston to go to but it's definitely my favourite so far :smile: wbu?
Original post by shivani210598
Hi, what do you mean about code of conduct? Oh and what new drugs did they ask about if you don't mind saying xx

Code of conduct should be on google just search it up you should get it if you have problems let me know
And regards to the new drugs just have a couple of examples what theyre used for and side effects that would be my opinion
Reply 1386
GOT AN OFFER FROM ASTON!! I am SO happy I thought I completely messed up my interview on Wednesday :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Whitney997
Thanks! Congrats to you too, I still have interviews from Nottingham and Aston to go to but it's definitely my favourite so far :smile: wbu?

Thanks! I've had an offer from Cardiff too-AAB,but the B can be in the Welsh Baccalaureate (which I practically have already as it's coursework based). I have interviews with Nottingham, Liverpool and Bath, but now I have my Cardiff offer, not sure i'll go to the rest. Good luck! I'm torn between Mancheser and Cardiff, but I think that Manchester's in the lead at the moment! Good luck in your interviews!
Original post by zahraaj1
I applied on the 5th November.. No reply at all I don't know what to do. And ABB wbu?

I'm predicted AAB but I did repeat year 12 so I was more anxious about it all. Tbh I'm still waiting on birmingham uni. Aston uni do interviews even up until March so just sit tight!
Original post by jjw297
GOT AN OFFER FROM ASTON!! I am SO happy I thought I completely messed up my interview on Wednesday :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol congrats! Have mine on Jan 20th.
Original post by 11hedd11
Thanks! I've had an offer from Cardiff too-AAB,but the B can be in the Welsh Baccalaureate (which I practically have already as it's coursework based). I have interviews with Nottingham, Liverpool and Bath, but now I have my Cardiff offer, not sure i'll go to the rest. Good luck! I'm torn between Mancheser and Cardiff, but I think that Manchester's in the lead at the moment! Good luck in your interviews!

Hey, how long did you wait after your interview to hear back from Cardiff?
Reply 1391
Original post by hugo13
Lol congrats! Have mine on Jan 20th.

Thank you and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TeaAndTextbooks
Not bad. There are lots of stations set up and there is first a 30 minute maths paper for 25 marks. Then there's an ethical question part for 12 minutes. Then there's a reading section also 12 minutes and finally there is a 12 minute interview which is really short. I only got 2 questions. Don't worry you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so glad to hear that cos I have an interview there on Monday and I've been feeling quite nervous. Were the interview questions science based or was it more of the 'why pharmacy, why DMU' kind?
Been 3 weeks now and still waiting to hear something from Nottingham and Birmingham..
I've already got offers from UEA, Bath and an interview from Cardiff
Just growing impatient
Anyone heard from Cardiff or Liverpool JM after the interview yet? If so how, long did it take for each uni to get back to you?
Has anyone heard from Hertfordshire?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hattie28
Anyone heard from Cardiff or Liverpool JM after the interview yet? If so how, long did it take for each uni to get back to you?

Not heard from LJMU yet, it's stressing me out
Original post by Hattie28
Hey, how long did you wait after your interview to hear back from Cardiff?

Hello, 9 days-made me a bit nervous as Manchester had replied in 2 days! But Cardiff did say they'd reply between 1 and 2 weeks after the interview.
Original post by sara0212
just got an offer from Strathclyde but it says my year of entry is the second year when I definitely applied for first year! anyone had the same issue?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is because it is an integrated Masters degree and the normal entry point is year 2. If you have a look on their website, it says that. Everybody enters Year 2 except those who weren't able to do Advanced Highers because their school does not allow them to etc. You still have to do four years if you enter in year 2.

So congratulations for getting the offer, btw when abouts did you hear back from them because I submitted my application mid-october and still not heard anything. I really do hope I get an offer from them. :smile:

Where else have you applied?
Does anyone know how lenient Reading are if you miss your offer? What's the lowest anyones gotten into Reading with? My offer is AAB but I think that's too high, I reckon i'd get ABB/BBB. Need opinions before firming anything:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending