The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CinnamonSunset
Got an interview on 5th of Feb at UCL. I'll read some latest news about pharmacy and I'm reading a book about basics of pharmacology, cause it's interesting . It's best to think about sample questions based on the course and your PS. Memorise your PS.

I wouldn't worry to much on essay; just remember your current subjects and perhaps study a bit about ethical issues. Don't be too stressed out! Just be yourself and stay confident.

I'm also overseas student. Nice to see you here.

Thank you very much! These advice is very helpful! Good luck with your interview as well!! 👏👏 Hope both of us will get offer from them!!
Original post by patience ak
I have an interview on the 20th too with reading. I heard it's quite laid back

Original post by Esteta
Is anyone attending the Reading University interview on the 20th of January!? Also, what should i expect?

Original post by Esteta
Haha I'm ****ting it! I wonder if anyone can help us :redface:?

I didn't have to attend an interview to be made an offer, but I've heard that the Maths calculations are relatively easy and that you should look over percentages e.g what is 7% of 20. You should also familiarise yourselves with functional groups as they will ask you to point these out in a molecule.
Anyone had an Aston interview?
Original post by m_james
I didn't have to attend an interview to be made an offer, but I've heard that the Maths calculations are relatively easy and that you should look over percentages e.g what is 7% of 20. You should also familiarise yourselves with functional groups as they will ask you to point these out in a molecule.

Thank you! How come you didn't have an interview if you don't mind me asking?
Thank you! How come you didn't have an interview if you don't mind me asking?

They only interview UK applicants (I think). :colondollar:
Original post by m_james
They only interview UK applicants (I think). :colondollar:

Fair enough, lucky you!
Original post by Unhappy30
hey, I have got interview on the 5th; and was wondering how you will be preparing?

I think just make points about why UCL and why pharmacy.
The test they said you dont need to revise for, and i think its gonna be basic calculations
whose had an aston interview? because i have no idea where to go on the day? :s
Original post by zahraaj1

Go to the main building (the one that literally says Aston University on it). Luckily for me I saw a group of pharmacy applicants finishing their tour of the campus when I arrived so I just followed them back into the main building :smile:
Pharmacy is so underrated and unknown -___-
One of my friends who's applying for english at a not so great uni looked her nose up at me like "er, so you're applying for pharmacy to be a pharmacist?! I just think of pharmacists as shopkeepers which are old women." :| She honestly had no idea that pharmacy is a much better career than an english degree.
I've had interviews at Bradford, LJMU, UCLan and Manchester and gotten offers from all, lemme know if anyone needs help with interviews :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nae_xo
I've had interviews at Bradford, LJMU, UCLan and Manchester and gotten offers from all, lemme know if anyone needs help with interviews :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey how was the LJMU interview like? Was the aptitude test hard?
I'm hating Chem4, past papers are so difficult! :/
Hey how was the LJMU interview like? Was the aptitude test hard?

no actually I found it okay. the English test is very straightforward, maths was good and the third part was an essay and then you answer some questions on it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hugo13
I'm hating Chem4, past papers are so difficult! :/

Are you AQA exam board?
Are you AQA exam board?

Unfortunately so
Original post by nae_xo
no actually I found it okay. the English test is very straightforward, maths was good and the third part was an essay and then you answer some questions on it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I hope I do okay, I'm not so good at English. Were there any chemistry questions too?
Thank you! I hope I do okay, I'm not so good at English. Were there any chemistry questions too?

the comprehension question was on chemical and biological reactions of some drugs and it was sort of an application of knowledge question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hugo13
Unfortunately so

I like Aqa Chem but not bio!

I've got my aston interview on 20th Jan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending