The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2016

I know its early days yet but I wanted to start a forum for those of us considering applying to Social Work at Queens or UU in 2016. I am currently doing an HNC in Heath and Social Care.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stuartieb
I know its early days yet but I wanted to start a forum for those of us considering applying to Social Work at Queens or UU in 2016. I am currently doing an HNC in Heath and Social Care.

Hi, I'm looking to apply to study social work as well. Did two years of uni in Liverpool doing a history degree but not for me, so thought I'd be more suited to SW.
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Original post by Sean Murphy
Hi, I'm looking to apply to study social work as well. Did two years of uni in Liverpool doing a history degree but not for me, so thought I'd be more suited to SW.

Hi Sean,

Are you applying to do the FT or PT route and also to UU option also?

Stuart.
Hi, FT option, I would prefer to go through UU tbh, just personal choice. I have been looking at health and social care / well being also.
Reply 4
Original post by Sean Murphy
Hi, FT option, I would prefer to go through UU tbh, just personal choice. I have been looking at health and social care / well being also.

I am applying to both but would prefer the Queens option if i get a choice. im currently completing a HNC in health and social care and enjoying it very much.
Cool, what sort of modules and that are you doing and what are you learning about? I found that when I was doing my history degree the first year modules were fine, but second year was just awful. So that's when I decided that it wasn't for me. I'm hoping that the change in direction will be for the best.
Hi guys!

My name is Michael and I'm the editor for the Belfast branch of The Tab (http://thetab.com/uk/belfast/). We're part of The Tab online student newspaper that has branches in 59 universities in the UK & US. We get 3,000,000 views per month and our average article is read 8,000 times; So we're just like you're average student newspaper that keeps you informed on all the local goings-on, except we're nationwide.

For any of you looking for a bit more information about what it's like to live at QUB - or any of you that might be interested in building your CV and making some friends before you even arrive by writing for us - follow the link to our website (http://thetab.com/uk/belfast/) or like our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/thetabbelfast?fref=ts) to read some stories and news of what it's like being a student here.

Hope to see you all at freshers!

Cheers,
Michael
Reply 7
Do you plan to do anything this year Sean?
Reply 8
Hi I plan on applying this year again as I was rejected for 2015 entry :frown:
Reply 9
I am applying this year too.
You apply to both Queen's and UU last Year Jenn?
I'm so worried I'll not even get an interview.
Hi guys I am also applying for social work master

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Hi,So yesterday I received in the post the consent and declaration from Queens and an email from UU. Has anyone else revived/returned theirs?Stuart.
Hi. I have applied for sw 3yr route at Magee. Recieved an email to sign consent and declaration. Hopefully will hear about 600 word personal statement soon
Reply 13
Hi Jacqui.

Happy days. I got my GCSE certificates back yesterday that queens asked for. Progress. All the best and keep us posted on your progress.

Stuart.
Hi Stuart.

Have you applied for sw before or is this your first time

J
Reply 15
This is my first time applying and I'm applying to both Queens and UU. Currently doing HNC in Heath and Social Care at local college.

How bout you?

QUOTE=Jacqui15;60856217]Hi Stuart.

Have you applied for sw before or is this your first time

J
I done the HNC two year ago and applied for sw at Magee. I got an offer but then found out i was expecting baby therefore didnt except 😐. So am praying i get another chance.
Reply 17
I'm sure the experience of going through the process before will be a great advantage to you. I'm blissfully unaware of what to expect lol. are u just applying to UU?

Stuart.
Yeah as ive a family id find travelling to qub too much so magee my only choice. What age are u if you dont mind me asking. Am 29. Would love the opportunity to goto uni before i get too old lol
Reply 19
yeh i live just outside Belfast, so Queens would be my preference. lol, I'm a tad older 42. you've plenty of time dont panic!!!

Stuart.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending