The Student Room Group

Physics Unit 2 IAL

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usmanzubair
Yeah i linked it with its total internal reflection. I wrote something on critical angle and said that most light is reflected backwards due to which it gives sparkling effect.

What did u write about principle of superposition?
They repeated this question and i actually learnt it lol
It was *When 2 or more waves collide they go under superposition (1mark)
The total diaplacement at point is the sum of all the displacements* (1mark and displacement was underlined)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeaah same here! just wrote the same thing, but crap, i wrote the photoelectric equ wrong, to find the frequency! got resistance wrong 2 mcqs and diamondd question
Reply 81
Original post by hiddensecrets
Posted from TSR Mobile
It was from glasss/diamond to air.
Total internal reflection,I dreww an angle of 28 degrees to the normal reflecting inside diamond.

Are you sure you gave IAl paper and not GCE..anyways im not sure if I'm right, maybe yours is.So calm down hopefully we both get an A :biggrin:

How can I not know if I'm doing GCE or IAL? :P I did IAL xD haha yeah... Really hope for an A
Reply 82
Yeah i linked it with its total internal reflection. I wrote something on critical angle and said that most light is reflected backwards due to which it gives sparkling effect.

What did u write about principle of superposition?
They repeated this question and i actually learnt it lol
It was *When 2 or more waves collide they go under superposition (1mark)
The total diaplacement at point is the sum of all the displacements* (1mark and displacement was underlined)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah me too. I wrote the critical angle is smaller for diamond so more light is internally refracted..
And yes, same thing for superposition.
What abou the explanation for why there are quiet and loud sounds?
I mean cause u wer really sure abt the angle being from air to diamond...and that aint true..so i was like maybe u did Gce and u ddnt know xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Check out the previous posts ...the answers are given
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
The angles were from glass and diamond both to air. I also got 44.8 which I rounded to 45degrees for glass to air. And for diamond total internal reflection occurs.
What do you think will be an A grade ? :/
(edited 8 years ago)
What do you think will be an A grade ? :/

50 maybe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Posted from TSR Mobile

Link??
Reply 89
That last 6 markers for glass and diamond were easy.
But what threw me off was that polarising effect :/ i might just get 1 or 2 lol
And about speakers i described all cons dest when the waves collide and all. But i forgot to link it to the question lol at the end i had 3 limes left only ao i wrote there. I really really hope they dont ignore what i wrote :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was kinda lucky because our teacher showed us the polarising filters so I remembered the explanation quite well. Essentially in photo 1 they are filtering the same planes so there's a decrease in intensity whereas the 2nd you get filtering in horizontal and vertical planes, so no light transmits.

Original post by Rulezz
Why is data logger more efficient??
I wrote it gathers data automatically and produce graphs is that correct??
And for diamond question last one I wrote diamond has a high refractive index and therefore more total internal reflection for diamond

I said because it can take readings more often so you get a smoother more accurate line graph.
Original post by Rulezz
Link??

In the speaker thing, the path diff between x and y from L1 is equal to the wavelength (I dont remember the value though,you subtract the x and y ) .since the path diff is equal to the wavelength both the waves are in phase.Constructive in Interference takes place and so louder sound is heard.At Q1 path diff is half the wavelength.They are antiphase and so destructive interference takes place
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
when will arsey post the ms?
Reply 92
Original post by userxx990
when will arsey post the ms?

I thought arsey only posted mark schemes for maths..???
nopes, he has also done for unit 1 physics IAL
Reply 94
nopes, he has also done for unit 1 physics IAL

nooo physics and math tutor did IAL physics unit 1
i mean thts the one i saw :/
yes he did
Original post by ME ^^
nooo physics and math tutor did IAL physics unit 1
i mean thts the one i saw :/
Reply 96
yes he did

so y did u say "when will Arsey post ms" ?? he only does maths as far as i knw :/
Reply 97
Posted from TSR Mobile

Link for that post??????
Reply 99

Chiiilll dude i was jst asking

plus this is done by "physicsandmathtutor" not Arsey :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending