The Student Room Group

LNAT - Yes, AGAIN...

Anybody thought their LNAT was a disaster?!? :frown: I ran out of time for both the Multiple Choice section AND the essay... I initially spent waaaay too much time reading the first extracts, then had to rush through the remaining ones when I realised how little time I had left. Although I believe to have written relatively good arguments in my essay, time ran out halfway through my writing a sentence, by which time I hadn't even written 500 words... I don't think it could have been any more disastrous than that!! Do you think it would still possible to get an offer from any of the LNAT universities? :confused:
Reply 1
MLM
Anybody thought their LNAT was a disaster?!? :frown: I ran out of time for both the Multiple Choice section AND the essay... I initially spent waaaay too much time reading the first extracts, then had to rush through the remaining ones when I realised how little time I had left. Although I believe to have written relatively good arguments in my essay, time ran out halfway through my writing a sentence, by which time I hadn't even written 500 words... I don't think it could have been any more disastrous than that!! Do you think it would still possible to get an offer from any of the LNAT universities? :confused:

King's automatically rejects those with less than 16 on the MC portion.

For other universities, maybe your grades will compensate for a lower LNAT? who knows?
Reply 2
MLM
OP
Maybe... I can only hope so. I'm hoping that both my school grades and my PS and reference will make up for that, although they would have to be exceptionally good for that to happen. Such a waste... I've had an offer from Edinburgh so far, and am hoping that SOAS - a non LNAT university - offers me a place too... If only one could retake the LNAT as many times as possible!!
Reply 3
But wouldn't re-taking it kind of defeat the point of it as an aptitude test?

And you may have done better than you think you have it in and as long as all you're unis aren't LNAT ones then you should be fine even if the LNAT didn't go too well. The Edinburgh offer shows that your grades/PS/reference must be pretty good so this could make up for a lower LNAT score.
Reply 4
MLM

I honestly could have written this myself. Didn't finish either section etc.

I was so pissed off that I didn't talk to anyone for three hours afterwards. I then substituted my Nottingham application for a non-LNAT uni (I was still within the deadline) and essentially gave up hope on my remaining LNAT choices. I ended up getting into both of them (King's and Oxford).

I cannot think of an exam that is harder to truly asses your performance on than the LNAT, don't worry about it. Remember also that although the LNAT plays a key role in your application it is not the be all and end all.

Don't give up hope and good luck.
DW my LNAT essay was a joke!...i wrote about Dora the Explorer!-bit embarrassing and didn't have enough to write even after stopping my first essay and starting a new one! But i got into KCL and B'ham..you don't know how well you've done.
Reply 6
Yeh, i guess you never do know how you've done until your offers roll in (or not as it were) and you get the score at the end of Jan
Reply 7
In terms of your essay problem:

The exact same thing happened to me. I ran out of time, wrote like two paragraphs and thought that what I'd written was complete s***.
However, when I asked for feedback as to why they'd rejected me, Oxford said that they'd judged my essay to be in the top third of all who had applied (It was multiple choice that let me down). So, either everyone who applied to Oxford this year suffers from dsylexia and can only type with one hand due to a war wound - or my essay was actually good and therefore you shouldn't make a judgement about yours either!

Latest

Trending

Trending