The Student Room Group

D&D Religion's "Ask About Judaism" Thread

This is a kind of sequel to "Ask a Muslim". If you have a question about Judaism or Jewish culture you would like to ask (including, indeed, what "Jew" really means), post it here and a Jewish user, or user familiar with Judaism, will have a shot at answering it.

As with "Ask a Muslim", this is intended to function simply as a place for Q&A to keep the rest of the forum clean and tidy.

Theoretically, recent posts that really belong here may be moved to this thread. Just to warn you.

Your feedback and comments are of course most welcome.

Finally, as with H&R, remember that all advice is unprofessional.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Thaks a lot Agent Smith. But I hope, in near future,you will start a sticky "Ask an atheist" -- because I have whol lots of questions to them!

As for Ask a Jew, I have some interesting questions -- but I will ask only after I have studied Judaism a little more.
A light start - are Jew girls prettier than non-Jews? :tongue:
Reply 2
To Jewish boys, certainly. :p:

I expect JonH will, upon spotting this thread, spam us all to within an inch of our lives with pics of IDF girls, who are indeed far from ugly, but the truth is that I have absolutely no idea about the general, er, standard.
IDF gals are slammin... and yeah, ask an atheist would be a good thread to sticky.
Reply 4
I'm wary of letting these "Ask" threads snowball. I might be able to get away with limiting it to four (Abrahamics plus Atheo-agnosticism), but drawing the line is hard and in addition, having four stickies at the top kind of undermines the very aim of "keeping the subforum unclogged".

I'll try to keep an eye on the apparent demand for such a thread. Ditto a Christianity-based counterpart.
Reply 5
Agent Smith

I'll try to keep an eye on the apparent demand for such a thread. Ditto a Christianity-based counterpart.

Nathan raised a thread titled "TSR Christian apologetics" on Religion sub-forum but it was never made into a 'sticky'.

If you can find it - it was used within the last couple of weeks from memory - you might want to use that.
Reply 6
It had occured to me, yes. Did that ever become a TSR Society?
Reply 7
Agent Smith
It had occured to me, yes. Did that ever become a TSR Society?

No, it didn't. It's just 'resurrected' every now and again as people come across it.

Here's the link:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=266375

Could you just remove the word "society" from the OP title and make it a sticky, please?
Reply 8
Whoa, slow down. I'm not sure there's demand for it right now. Like I said, I'll keep an eye on the number of questions being raised, OK?

You're rushing me :frown: :p:
Reply 9
Agent Smith
Whoa, slow down. I'm not sure there's demand for it right now. Like I said, I'll keep an eye on the number of questions being raised, OK?

You're rushing me :frown: :p:

You said the same thing, more or less, on that linked thread (post #9). We have far more questions about Christianity than we do about Islam or Judaism...and besides, it keeps D&D more tidy. :wink:

I'm won't rush you though...you've got until Friday! :biggrin:
ForeverIsMyName
IDF gals are slammin... and yeah, ask an atheist would be a good thread to sticky.

I was wondering what IDF girls stand for - Israeli Defence Girls
they are slammin!
Reply 11
The apologetics group did become a society! 20 members last count.
Reply 12
*raises eyebrows*
Agent Smith

Probably not the right place, but I would be more than happy to answer questions in an "Ask the godless heathen scum" thread. In fact even if it won’t be stickied I’m almost tempted to start one. After my exams though.
Ok to make this thread a little more effiicient and user-friendly to us all, could a mod please ensure that there is no chat, and that all posts on this thread are on-topic and are questions relating to Judaism. Otherwise it's just going to get confusing. Already it has been spammed up and I personally don't have the time to read through a load of chat. So would it be possible to erase the above posts now? When I have more time I will make a list of FAQs and myths to be inserted into the first post that have previously been asked all over the forum and it'd be easier to keep it in one place. Good good.

And to answer the first question, yes, Jewish girls and Jewish boys are very pretty and handsome.
Reply 15
Just wondering what views Jews on this forum have on Sacha Baron Cohen, in particular his 'Borat' alter-ego?
Reply 16
O.K I heard this somewhere: Jews believe that God created the earth in six days (which is the same belief as with Christians and Muslims) but they also believed that He got tired on the 6th day.
Is that true?
Reply 17
Not exactly "tired". I believe the Jewish and Christian traditions are the same on this matter; He simply rested. Which I suppose does imply tiredness, but it's not explicitly stated.

I don't think it is, anyway.
I have a question for a jew. Apple or orange juice?
Reply 19
Agent Smith
To Jewish boys, certainly. :p:

I expect JonH will, upon spotting this thread, spam us all to within an inch of our lives with pics of IDF girls, who are indeed far from ugly, but the truth is that I have absolutely no idea about the general, er, standard.

No my friend, that's Israeli girls, a big difference to a jewish girl! IDF girls are fine, too fine, and don't I know it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending