The Student Room Group

D&D Religion's "Ask About Judaism" Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
UniOfLife
When will you accept that you don't know more about Judaism than I do?

That's a very good point, Uni. :wink:
Son of Adam
But he said a valid point.
This is a view that was shared by all religious leaders..According to another speaker.:smile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h58N8q0OQBw&feature=related

Please stop quoting Neturei Karta on this topic. It is especially stupid to quote one Neturei Karta "Rabbi" as support for another.
UniOfLife
I'll try again. In Judaism once a Jew always a Jew and sinner or not Jews go to Heaven. Some go straight, others go via Hell for "purification" first. When will you accept that you don't know more about Judaism than I do?

With all due respect, your answer blurs the requirement point.
We "Muslims" don't just pluck things out of thin air, untill we have subsantial evidence.
I was asking you for evidences from torah about many issues, and you with all due respect gave me your cold shoulder, could you possibly asking my direct Questions with frank answers.
1- Didn't prophet moses get anger upon who worhsiped idols and they repented to god by killing each others?
2- Didn't his follower repent to god?
3- Where is your proof from torah that godless jews are going to heaven? as well as prophet moses will surely deem them his follower if he is alive among us.

Thanks.
Son of Adam
With all due respect, your answer blurs the requirement point.
We "Muslims" don't just pluck things out of thin air, untill we have subsantial evidence.
I was asking you for evidences from torah about many issues, and you with all due respect gave me your cold shoulder, could you possibly asking my direct Questions with frank answers.
1- Didn't prophet moses get anger upon who worhsiped idols and they repented to god by killing each others?
2- Didn't his follower repent to god?
3- Where is your proof from torah that godless jews are going to heaven? as well as prophet moses will surely deem them his follower if he is alive among us.

Thanks.

1) Moses got angry because they had sinned. They repented and were killed in order to atone for their sin and enter Heaven.
2) Moses did not have "followers" as such. There were followers of God, or Jews as they are called.
3) The Torah (5 books of Moses) do not actually mention Heaven. But see the first Mishnah in the last chapter of Tractate Sanhedrin. (Since I'm fairly sure you have no clue what that means I hope you will just trust me that I know what I'm talking about).
Son of Adam
It has no meanining, In other words, it is false anaolgy.

It's not a false analogy - you just failed to understand it.

Chosen people = God has put on them more obligations than the rest->
the chosen people "owe" God the "Mitzvot", whether they choose to believe in it or not.
Son of Adam

Oh really? Just a moment ago you were more than ready to believe
some comment made by an anonymous girl, with no reference, and ignored
the answer that was just above her comment.

Your credibility = 0.
Son of Adam
Actually not only him.
There still are many peace-maker rabbi against zionisim.:yes:

Wow, two opinions!
UniOfLife
Please stop quoting Neturei Karta on this topic. .

But, didn't he make a valid arguemnt.
I mean, it is impossible that all jews before Zionism movements throughout the history were be considered a "deluded people"?
Son of Adam
But, didn't he make a valid arguemnt.
I mean, it is impossible that all jews before Zionism movements throughout the history were be considered a "deluded people"?

I have no time for the NK or their arguments, really. Zionism came about at a time when Jews were finally being given some sort of freedom from persecution. Before then I expect Jews were more concerned with not being massacred than with trying to reestablish a homeland for themselves. But returning to Israel has been an ever-present hope and dream since the exile began.
It's not a false analogy - you just failed to understand it.

Chosen people = God has put on them more obligations than the rest->
the chosen people "owe" God the "Mitzvot", whether they choose to believe in it or not.

Two flows.
1- So, why god created other races, surely his inseparable attribute rejects that he created them for no reason!.
2-Jews believe in prophets from other races before their existence.

UniOfLife
1) Moses got angry because they had sinned. They repented and were killed in order to atone for their sin and enter Heaven.

By assuming that Prophet moses is alive among us, he will treat those godless by the same treatment in order to believe in god and at least for atone their sin and enter heaven, true?
Son of Adam
Two flows.
1- So, why god created other races, surely his inseparable attribute rejects that he created them for no reason!.

By assuming that Prophet moses is alive among us, he will treat those godless by the same treatment in order to believe in god and at least for atone their sin and enter heaven, true?

No, because we no longer have a Temple and so the death penalty is not to be enforced these days.

But tell me - have you accepted that all Jews go to Heaven in the end even if they sin heavily? Even if they do not believe in God?
UniOfLife
I have no time for the NK or their arguments, really. Zionism came about at a time when Jews were finally being given some sort of freedom from persecution. Before then I expect Jews were more concerned with not being massacred than with trying to reestablish a homeland for themselves. But returning to Israel has been an ever-present hope and dream since the exile began.

I can easily prove to you historically and religiously that you are wrong, but it seem to me will have no end.:rolleyes:
Son of Adam
I can easily prove to you historically and religiously that you are wrong, but it seem to me will have no end.:rolleyes:

I highly doubt that you could. For one thing if it were so easy you would have just done it rather than tell me how easy it would be for you to do it.
UniOfLife

But tell me - have you accepted that all Jews go to Heaven in the end even if they sin heavily? Even if they do not believe in God?

I think i can agree that all of jews wheather they are believer or disbleiever only will go to heaven, if only an idea is dismissed out of hand. "Do you know what?".:yes:
UniOfLife
I highly doubt that you could. For one thing if it were so easy you would have just done it rather than tell me how easy it would be for you to do it.

Believe me, I can easily, but i don't like to be negged by troll people.:rolleyes:
Thanks so much for your neggating.
Fair enough, It seems you would like to argue about it, but hopefully you don't consider it a political issue shouldn't be discussed here later as you did with ABR with regard the rest of jews who are trying to burn the mosque.
Son of Adam
I think i can agree that all of jews wheather they are believer or disbleiever only will go to heaven, if only an idea is dismissed out of hand. "Do you know what?".:yes:

??
Son of Adam
Two flows.

Maybe he did create them for a reason. Maybe it's a different reason.

Do not question god!

Eh? Before who's existence?
Son of Adam
??

!!
Son of Adam
Thanks so much for your neggating.
Fair enough, It seems you would like to argue about it, but hopefully you don't consider it a political issue shouldn't be discussed here later as you did with ABR with regard the rest of jews who are trying to burn the mosque.

It's a religious question if you're trying to claim that Zionism is against Judaism. You've claimed repeatedly that it is very easy for you to prove that it is - so I'm telling you to put up or shut up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending