Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 14Billie
Hi!

I have an unconditional offer for English literature and am really hoping to get park terrace as my accomodation (single en suite). How likely will this be if I put it as my first choice?

Thank you!

Hi Billie,

Thanks for getting in touch. I contacted the Accommodation team and this was their response:
Unfortunately we cannot give any guarantee that a studentwill receive their first preference accommodation. Park Terrace proves a popular residence andwe received a high level of applications with this as first choice, so noteveryone was successful.**More information about how accommodation is allocated can be found here -which states that Unconditional Firm offers are among the first group of applications to be processed. So fingers crossed you'll get your first choice! Where ever you end up you'll enjoy it nevertheless :smile:Hope that helps
Best wishes,
Christina
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 501
Hi,

Any idea when Newcastle will be sending emails out about medicine offers. A lot of people have the offer but no email to confirm it, or what happens next.

Thanks
Original post by Desi.Biochemist96
Hello (again :biggrin: )
Regarding the promise scholarship, if the application is successful after stage 2, when and how is it paid?

Thank you :smile:

EDIT: Never mind this question but when do we find out if we have been successful in stage 2 for the promise scholarship and when is the 50% tuition fee discount added to the account?

:smile:

Hi Again :smile:

Here's the response we received from Student Finance:
Studentswill receive outcome letters of their stage 2 applications in September/October2016. The 20 successful students will be asked to provide bank details topermit electronic cash payment to be made. The Student Financial Support Teamwill apply the fee contribution automatically at the beginning of term. The student does not need to take any action on this.
Hope that helps

Best wishes,

Christina
Hello,

I have recently formed my offer to study Psychology at Newcastle this year, however I have a query regarding accommodation at Castle Leazes. I am wanting to apply for all ensuite and self catered accommodation, and I am aware that shared accommodation at Castle Leazes is single sex only in corridors. However, is the ensuite accommodation also single sex or is it mixed sex? I can't find clarification anywhere.

Thank you
Original post by A-LJLB
Hello,

I have recently formed my offer to study Psychology at Newcastle this year, however I have a query regarding accommodation at Castle Leazes. I am wanting to apply for all ensuite and self catered accommodation, and I am aware that shared accommodation at Castle Leazes is single sex only in corridors. However, is the ensuite accommodation also single sex or is it mixed sex? I can't find clarification anywhere.

Thank you

Hi :smile:

I contacted the accommodation team and this was their reponse:

As the en suite rooms in Castle Leazes are withinself-contained flats rather than the traditional corridors, the flats will bemixed or single gender. We offer bothoptions to allow for variety in our customer choices.

Hope that helps

Best wishes,

Christina
Original post by Newcastle University

I contacted the accommodation team and this was their reponse:

As the en suite rooms in Castle Leazes are withinself-contained flats rather than the traditional corridors, the flats will bemixed or single gender. We offer bothoptions to allow for variety in our customer choices.

Hope that helps

Best wishes,

Christina

Thank you very much :smile: Is there therefore an option to choose whether to be in single or mixed sex?
Original post by A-LJLB
Thank you very much :smile: Is there therefore an option to choose whether to be in single or mixed sex?

Hi again,

Yes there will be an option to choose :smile:

Thanks,

Christina
Original post by esmeeeee
Hi! I've applied to study Media, Communication and Culture for this September and got my offer yesterday! However, I was just wondering how competitive this course is and how low below the conditions of the offer they are willing to accept? Thank you!

Hey :smile:

Further to my last post about this the admissions assistant said that ABB are generally the lowest grades they would accept from an offer holder. If you dropped below that it's extremely unlikely that they could accept you.

With regards to competitiveness she said:

It's difficult to say -it depends upon how many people apply, how many people choose Newcastle as their first choice, and how many people meet the conditions of their offers. And we don't find out all ofthat info until results day.

Hope that helps :smile:

Persephone
Original post by Mcc0810
Sorry, I forgot to add that. It's speech and language therapy. Thanks xx

Hey,

You should have heard back by now :smile: If not, please send us a PM with your full name and UCAS ID (and include the course you applied for in your message) so we can chase it up for you.

All the best,

Persephone
If anyone has any questions about a course in the medical school/accommodation/the city, send them my way in PM!
The University will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Any questions posted over the next 4 days will be seen when we are back in the office on Tuesday 29 March. We'll respond to you as soon as possible on our return :smile: Have a good weekend!
Hi Chloe, it sounds as though you need to be looking in the Northumbria forum/Northumbria University websites.
Yep, Newcastle university does not offer Adult Nursing, only Northumbria does. (Those are 2 different universities)
Reply 513
Hi there,

I received a PARTNERs offer from Newcastle to study medicine. Do you know when the assessed summer school begins?

Also, what happens in the summer school? If I don't pass is my place taken away from me? How easy is it to pass?

One more question, which accommodation is convenient for medical students and are there any with en suites?

Thanks!!!!
Original post by zaynm
Hi there,

I received a PARTNERs offer from Newcastle to study medicine. Do you know when the assessed summer school begins?

Also, what happens in the summer school? If I don't pass is my place taken away from me? How easy is it to pass?

One more question, which accommodation is convenient for medical students and are there any with en suites?

Thanks!!!!

Hi Zayn :smile:

Thanks for getting in touch and great to hear you got an offer!

The Assessed Summer School takes place at Newcastle University between 4 - 12 July 2016. Exact dates will vary depending on which subject strand you attend. This will be confirmed in advance. You won't be required to attend during the weekend of 9-10 July.
More information about what takes place at the Summer School can be found here. We're also running an Information Evening on Monday 25th April that will provide more information about the Assessed Summer School. If you can't attend this you can watch it virtually. Click here to find out more.
Yes - you are required to pass the Assessed Summer School to meet the PARTNERS offer. But don't worry! The assessed work is based on work that you've covered at the Summer School and you'll received help, advice and support from the PARTNERS team, and academic tutors throughout!
Hope that helps. If you have any further questions you can email our PARNTERS team at: [email protected] :smile:

Best,

Christina
Reply 515
Hi Zayn :smile:

Thanks for getting in touch and great to hear you got an offer!

The Assessed Summer School takes place at Newcastle University between 4 - 12 July 2016. Exact dates will vary depending on which subject strand you attend. This will be confirmed in advance. You won't be required to attend during the weekend of 9-10 July.
More information about what takes place at the Summer School can be found here. We're also running an Information Evening on Monday 25th April that will provide more information about the Assessed Summer School. If you can't attend this you can watch it virtually. Click here to find out more.
Yes - you are required to pass the Assessed Summer School to meet the PARTNERS offer. But don't worry! The assessed work is based on work that you've covered at the Summer School and you'll received help, advice and support from the PARTNERS team, and academic tutors throughout!
Hope that helps. If you have any further questions you can email our PARNTERS team at: [email protected] :smile:

Best,

Christina

Great thank you for your help!!

What accommodation is best for medical students?

Thanks again :smile:
Hi, I'm in the process of selecting my accommodation and I was wondering if there was a way of finding out how much the deposits are for the managed partnership places were? or how I can find out? Thanks
Original post by zaynm
Great thank you for your help!!

What accommodation is best for medical students?

Thanks again :smile:

Ooh sorry!

The Medical school is situated at the top of campus so here are some of the closest accommodation sites:

Marris house - 4 mins away
Castle Leazes - 8 mins away
Park Terrace - 6 mins away

Which means you could literally roll out of bed :P Other sites are around 10 - 15 mins away which isn't too far either.

You can get a virtual tour of all locations here :smile:

Hope that helps!
Reply 518
Ooh sorry!

The Medical school is situated at the top of campus so here are some of the closest accommodation sites:

Marris house - 4 mins away
Castle Leazes - 8 mins away
Park Terrace - 6 mins away

Which means you could literally roll out of bed :P Other sites are around 10 - 15 mins away which isn't too far either.

You can get a virtual tour of all locations here :smile:

Hope that helps!

Hi sorry, just one more question,

Im currently applying for my acommodation at Newcastle and theres a part of the form that says this:

"The room selections you indicated earlier are your stated preferences only; whilst every effort will be made to allocate you to your preferred type, this may not always be possible and we may have to allocate you to an alternative. Please confirm in order, the type of room you would prefer to be offered in place of your preferences. Please note, a Managed Partnership Scheme room will be for a longer contract term so are not suitable for Part Year students and you will required to make some payment in advance ie upon acceptance and before you receive your student loan payment"

Im not quite sure what this means, could you please explain it?

Thanks!
Original post by whatssarcasm?
Hi, I'm in the process of selecting my accommodation and I was wondering if there was a way of finding out how much the deposits are for the managed partnership places were? or how I can find out? Thanks

Thanks for getting in touch. The deposits for the managed partnership sites are:
Liberty - £200
The View and Verde - £250
Turner Court - £300

Hope that helps

Best wishes,

Christina

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending