The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Knogle
After this public 'trial', I'm inclined to give the UK representative a second chance, and hence continued office. However any subsequent VNCs brought about against him will be viewed with the highest priority and urgency.
I concur.

haha thats awesom..Serbia supports this resoultion
Oh God, what have I done? :p:
Reply 61
The Marshall Islands is reading this thread thoroughly but has no wish to comment - the rep. is just posting so people know that she is alive and kicking and present. :p:
randdom
There maybe more reasons behind it however none of the ones that have been raised in this thread so far are good enough for me support this VNC. I was just addressing this issue of inactivity which I believe is excusable.

Inactivity is forgiveable of course.

In my time on MUN 6+6=6 hasn't participated very much. When he has, he has always had something negative to say, or something to criticise.
When Nefarious had only just been voted in as Secretary General, merely one week later 6+6=6 started criticising his performance, asking why he wasn't providing more results, and quite inappropriately comparing the MUN to his party in the House of Commons.
In addition to that, most of the other times he has made an appearance he has simultaneously criticised the way that MUN is run and complained that it isn't how it used to be and that things aren't done properly.
He has also been quite critical of some of the views of other representatives within particular resolutions and debates.
Overall the net result is that he has not behaved IC during the time that I've been a member of MUN (since September/October) He has voiced alot of his own personal criticism of MUN and people on it, but has not very often put forward any of the UK's views. He has voted in polls, but not contributed to debate very much.
The fact that he is a P5 member gives him a greater responsibility, as his participation is more key to the life of MUN, and extremely significant on the world stage. I think 6+6=6 is extremely capable of playing the UK very well, and bringing alot to the MUN. Its just that he doesn't. He brings it down instead :frown:

By all means give him another chance, but not for to resume activity, rather to start playing the role of UK within MUN, and treating its members and SG with a little bit of courtesy :s-smilie:

Spoiler

Reply 63
When's the vote going to be put up then?

:hmmm:

:troll:
Reply 64
brimstone

I find that scary, amusing, and horrendous. :p:
Knogle

Its the fact that he puts it next to 2cnd Best Male that alarms me! :eek:
As to the whole "The MUN isn't what it used to be" idea, I don't think it is either, but it's certainly not Nefarious' fault.

Nefarious, please accept my wholehearted apologies.
Wootcannon
As to the whole "The MUN isn't what it used to be" idea, I don't think it is either, but it's certainly not Nefarious' fault.

I wouldn't know! :dontknow:
Reply 68
I personally think its better than it was this time last year, when we get a post each day if we were lucky and that would probably be something like "France sends its condolences".
Reply 69
Wootcannon

Nefarious, please accept my wholehearted apologies.

Err no offense, but didn't you just say yesterday "Apologies for not posting in ages"? I've been apart of the MUN since it began, and I can't remember the last time it was this active. I don't think we've ever been debating 3 resolutions simultaneously before.
Reply 70
brimstone
When's the vote going to be put up then?

:hmmm:

As soon as I'm not at work. (i.e. now)

EDIT: You have 48 hours.
Reply 71
An abstain option?
Reply 72
Nightowl
I personally think its better than it was this time last year, when we get a post each day if we were lucky and that would probably be something like "France sends its condolences".

:eek: Why use France as an example?!
People will think I'm bad :frown:
Reply 73
Knogle

One could say the same about you :hmmm:.

But I won't :p:
brimstone
:eek: Why use France as an example?!
People will think I'm bad :frown:

:hahaha:
Reply 75
That was the idea :biggrin:
Reply 76
Craghyrax
:hahaha:

:bawling:

You troll :troll:
Reply 77
Nightowl
However I suppose as teehar has been at least voting

Nefarious
This resolution passed the SC. Iran voted against (surprise surprise) and Australia abstained. Both France and the UK failed to vote.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=7424729#post7424729
brimstone
:bawling:

You troll :troll:

:s-smilie: Me? I'm laughing with you! :angel:

Spoiler

Reply 79
India and the UK have close ties and would not like it to be affected in any way. however as the indian ambassador i would like to firstly see more activity on the part of 6+6=6, however as i have only become the indian representative, i will like to see a change in the UK represntative. a more active UK representative is needed, especially since its a world power.

Latest

Trending

Trending