The Student Room Group

A level Edexcel cashing in

Just a quick question on the cashing in system in A level maths.
So I am doing A level maths and have completed AS further maths.
UMS:
C1-100, C2-100, S1-97, M1-87, S2-87 FP1-86
where FP1, M1 and S2 were for AS FM.
I have done C3 , C4 and D1 this year.

I was wondering whether it is possible to swap around my A level matsh modules with my AS FM units say:

C1,C2,C3,C4, S1 S2 for Maths
D1, M1, FP1 for FM
I am not so confident with my C4 and D1 hencewhy I was wondering whether I could swap D1 for S2 to boost my ums.
Also, since my uni offer is AAA including maths, would the fact that my AS further maths grade would go from an A to a B if the modules were swapped mean I would be rejected?
Reply 1
Bump.
Original post by cmfunk
Just a quick question on the cashing in system in A level maths.
So I am doing A level maths and have completed AS further maths.
UMS:
C1-100, C2-100, S1-97, M1-87, S2-87 FP1-86
where FP1, M1 and S2 were for AS FM.
I have done C3 , C4 and D1 this year.

I was wondering whether it is possible to swap around my A level matsh modules with my AS FM units say:

C1,C2,C3,C4, S1 S2 for Maths
D1, M1, FP1 for FM
I am not so confident with my C4 and D1 hencewhy I was wondering whether I could swap D1 for S2 to boost my ums.
Also, since my uni offer is AAA including maths, would the fact that my AS further maths grade would go from an A to a B if the modules were swapped mean I would be rejected?

If your exam entries have been done correctly your unit results will automatically be reorganised to optimise your maths A level grade. That combination would be possible. If the right cash in hasnt been requested and it doesn't happen automatically you can request it on results day. FM AS is not part of your offer so should have no impact on your acceptance.
Reply 3
Original post by gdunne42
If your exam entries have been done correctly your unit results will automatically be reorganised to optimise your maths A level grade. That combination would be possible. If the right cash in hasnt been requested and it doesn't happen automatically you can request it on results day. FM AS is not part of your offer so should have no impact on your acceptance.

How do I check whether the exam entries were done correctly-ask one of the teachers?
Original post by cmfunk
How do I check whether the exam entries were done correctly-ask one of the teachers?

they should have been if your school regularly enters fm candidates but if you are worried check with your exams staff
Reply 5
they should have been if your school regularly enters fm candidates but if you are worried check with your exams staff

Yeah I'll ask. The only think is that I don't do A2 further maths-might that affect this?
This is the exact same position I'm in. My exam officers said they'll always make your maths grade higher. I don't do A2 further maths either so I don't think it'll affectt it.

Someone will probably correct me if I'm wrong anyway
Original post by cmfunk
Yeah I'll ask. The only think is that I don't do A2 further maths-might that affect this?

It should make no difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
It should make no difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I asked one of my maths teachers and I was told to contact the examining board ;S
Original post by cmfunk
I asked one of my maths teachers and I was told to contact the examining board ;S

Strange advice as Edexcel will tell you they can't communicate directly with you about details of your entries or results and tell you to go through your exams officer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Strange advice as Edexcel will tell you they can't communicate directly with you about details of your entries or results and tell you to go through your exams officer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

EDIT: Just heard back from my examination officer. I was told this was possible but they would have to apply for a late cash in.
Does late cash in mean that I can only ask for modules to be moved around after I get my results? Would this not affect my offer if I don't meet it originally.
Original post by cmfunk
EDIT: Just heard back from my examination officer. I was told this was possible but they would have to apply for a late cash in.
Does late cash in mean that I can only ask for modules to be moved around after I get my results? Would this not affect my offer if I don't meet it originally.

Not sure when the late cash in deadline is/was, your exams officer will.
Don't want to panic you. If you can't do it until results day there is a risk your first choice uni will reject you if you don't meet the entry requirements until it is done. You will need to contact them ASAP and explain the situation and ask them to reinstate your offer. Your 2nd choice may have confirmed your place, you will also need to make contact to get them to release you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
AS grades now have to be cashed at the end of Y12, this locks applied modules to that qualification. For example, if D1 was used for AS Maths, Edexcel wouldn't be able to automatically switch it to A2 FM at the end of Y13.

What centres need to do is to re-cash all AS Maths qualifications if a student studies AS or A2 FM in Y13 or just did AS FM in Y12 as this will untie applied units which were previously cashed.
Reply 13
Original post by Arsey
AS grades now have to be cashed at the end of Y12, this locks applied modules to that qualification. For example, if D1 was used for AS Maths, Edexcel wouldn't be able to automatically switch it to A2 FM at the end of Y13.

What centres need to do is to re-cash all AS Maths qualifications if a student studies AS or A2 FM in Y13 or just did AS FM in Y12 as this will untie applied units which were previously cashed.

When will this have to be done? Can this be sorted before results day so that it doesn't affect my uni place if I don't meet the offer initially?
Original post by cmfunk
When will this have to be done? Can this be sorted before results day so that it doesn't affect my uni place if I don't meet the offer initially?

Please reply to this Arsey! @Arsey
Original post by Nikhilm
Please reply to this Arsey! @Arsey

As he hasn't, talk to your exams office if you are concerned about how your entries have been done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending