The Student Room Group

U grade in cash in

Does U grade in one of units affects cash in grade for A levels or like would this grade won't be counted in cash in.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Mir Mahmud
Does U grade in one of units affects cash in grade for A levels or like would this grade won't be counted in cash in.

As I understand it, the process of "cashing in" means summing your UMS marks from each unit together to establish your A level grade. Presumably that U had some marks associated with it? If so, those marks would be included when your marks are cashed in.

(Hopefully someone who actually knows what they're talking about will be along shortly to confirm!)

Original post by DataVenia
As I understand it, the process of "cashing in" means summing your UMS marks from each unit together to establish your A level grade. Presumably that U had some marks associated with it? If so, those marks would be included when your marks are cashed in.

(Hopefully someone who actually knows what they're talking about will be along shortly to confirm!)

@DataVenia is correct. Any UMS gained from the U grade will be added to your other unit results when you cash-in. As this is an Edexcel IAL you can retake the unit and cash-in again to try to improve the outcome.
Reply 3
Would it be added up with other units to get a overall grade in a subject? Plz reply..
Would it be added up with other units to get a overall grade in a subject? Plz reply..

Yes, any UMS from a U grade unit will still be added to calculate your final total subject UMS and decide the grade.
Reply 5
Original post by gdunne42
Yes, any UMS from a U grade unit will still be added to calculate your final total subject UMS and decide the grade.

Really sorry to disturb you again but just want you to answer the last question regarding the same topic. Actually I'm not done with my cash in. So if I do late cash in,does the U grades in those units would be still be added for the overall grade per subject?
Reply 6
Really sorry to disturb you again but just want you to answer the last question regarding the same topic. Actually I'm not done with my cash in. So if I do late cash in,does the U grades in those units would be still be added for the overall grade per subject?

.It doesn't matter when you cash in. The UMS marks from every unit including any that are at U grade will be added to the total UMS to decide the final overall grade.
Reply 7
Original post by gdunne42
.It doesn't matter when you cash in. The UMS marks from every unit including any that are at U grade will be added to the total UMS to decide the final overall grade.

Thank you so much for the help.
Thank you so much for the help.

I saw one of your threads…
If I have a ‘U’ grade for P4 maths, would i be able to cash in and get the final score?? Or i should resit😭
Reply 9
Original post by Adithyaniyangoda
I saw one of your threads…
If I have a ‘U’ grade for P4 maths, would i be able to cash in and get the final score?? Or i should resit😭

You can cash-in. You don't need to pass the unit and get an A-E unit grade, you just have to take it. Any UMS from P4 will be added to your other 5 results. Your grade of course will be limited by your marks from the other units.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest