The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Physics P7

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by An-Mi-Ah
Bio-med that should be interesting:smile: Have you got any universities in mind?

ahh nope!! i want to definitely move out though, so hopefully somewhere away from London where i live haha, but i'm not sure which uni's are good for bio-med, how about you??

Original post by swagmister
Yep definitely want to do a maths degree

physics will be a good option then!! agh maths...i don't like maths lol, good luck!! what other a level options are you picking? :smile:
who's doing further maths? My heart will break when everyone has left the hall after physics and I've still got another 2 hours to go :eek:
Reply 42
Original post by el Brah
Good argument, I totally understand where you're coming from. Bro I'm not as religious as you think, I just believe in God and Jesus, and that's where it ends.
It's probably my teacher more than anything, whenever I've had other teachers they weren't like this - but she mocks anyone who doesn't believe the stuff she teaches in the sylabus or who questions what she teaches us. I guess now that I don't have to see that bitch after 2 years of her everyday I just had to unleash my anger ha ha :biggrin: I'm glad you're understanding man, when I said motivation I didn't even mean religioously bro, I meant it by not accpeting everything you're told and researching, hunting for the truth and putting what you think makes sense together, and always questioning even your own beliefs, and be open minded. But I get where you're coming from. Religion when taken literally is a bad thing man, I'm not gonna lie - all that heaven and hell to scare people, you're not good enough you have sinned bull****, if you donn't go to church you'll go to hell etc...that's just to control people, and I don't blame people for not believing in god because of religion. Personally, I don't see the church and god being even the same thing (or related, as most people see it). All I'm saying is look at the bigger picture of everything man, and don't take everything literally. What makes sense and what doesn't, and find out who you are as a person. Glad there's no hard feelings bro, you're a lad :wink: followed you :biggrin: tsr won't let me ****ing rep you lol XD

hope you realise i'm a girl lol :P or do you call everyone man and bro
glad we're on the same page, now how are you feeling for this P7 exam??
Original post by kxylah
ahh nope!! i want to definitely move out though, so hopefully somewhere away from London where i live haha, but i'm not sure which uni's are good for bio-med, how about you??

physics will be a good option then!! agh maths...i don't like maths lol, good luck!! what other a level options are you picking? :smile:

Any good universities in London would suffice-don't really wanna move out of London. Maybe King's, Queen Mary, Imperial, UCL. :smile:
I'm so sad that cepheids won't be a 6 marker since it came up last year, it's the only part of p7 I'm confident in:s-smilie:
Reply 45
Original post by kxylah
hope you realise i'm a girl lol :P or do you call everyone man and bro
glad we're on the same page, now how are you feeling for this P7 exam??

Yeah, everyone's a lad or a bro ha ha xD Sorry if that made you feel bad :frown:
No worries :smile: let's just say i'm ****ed cos I know jack **** about astrology lol :h:

You got further maths Friday as well?
Reply 46
Original post by ellen998
who's doing further maths? My heart will break when everyone has left the hall after physics and I've still got another 2 hours to go :eek:

I feel you, I'm doing further maths too, are you ready??? :h:
Hopefully it's not too bad, cos no one was prepared for what we got on monday lol xD
Reply 47
Original post by An-Mi-Ah
Any good universities in London would suffice-don't really wanna move out of London. Maybe King's, Queen Mary, Imperial, UCL. :smile:

ah very competitive! I'm sure you'll do well though x

Original post by swagmister
Haha you're going to hate what I'm doing then, maths further maths and economics

oh wow i would die doing those subjects haha! good luck with the future though :smile: x how you feeling for the P7 exam??

Original post by el Brah
Yeah, everyone's a lad or a bro ha ha xD Sorry if that made you feel bad :frown:
No worries :smile: let's just say i'm ****ed cos I know jack **** about astrology lol :h:

You got further maths Friday as well?

haha dw i don't mind
sadly my school doesn't offer further maths otherwise i would have picked it cos i'm good at maths but i don't really like it lol
i did gcse astronomy in year 9 so all set for this exam :P
Original post by el Brah
I feel you, I'm doing further maths too, are you ready??? :h:
Hopefully it's not too bad, cos no one was prepared for what we got on monday lol xD

I've done all of the past papers and practice papers so I feel quite prepared! I thought Monday was awful at the time but when I looked at the 'unofficial' mark scheme id actually done a lot better than I thought:biggrin: How about you?
Original post by kxylah

Reply 50
Original post by kxylah

oh wow i would die doing those subjects haha! good luck with the future though :smile: x how you feeling for the P7 exam??

haha dw i don't mind
sadly my school doesn't offer further maths otherwise i would have picked it cos i'm good at maths but i don't really like it lol
i did gcse astronomy in year 9 so all set for this exam :P

You kinda missed out, but at least you can do it at college...if you think about it, what looks better? FM gcse or A level? Plus, if you did maths challange and did alright combined with your a* in maths you'll trash everyone's cv kxylah :smile:

Now that's some serious skill, you must be really passionate about science.
I haven't met many passionate people in my school, everyone's too busy caring about their reputation instead of something much bigger then ourselves like passions and making dreams a reality lol xD.

I don't blame you for not liking maths, gcse is pretty boring for maths.
Once you get to a level it shouldn't be too bad. What subjects you like then? Apart from science :h:
Reply 51
Original post by el Brah
Yeah, I did go off side lol xD I'm just trying to get people to think and not accept everything they're told...trying to motivate you guys (if you took the time to read my replys you'll realize lol xD). Love the profile pic though, wanna smoke a joint some time?

I don't smoke weed ahaha
Reply 52
I've done all of the past papers and practice papers so I feel quite prepared! I thought Monday was awful at the time but when I looked at the 'unofficial' mark scheme id actually done a lot better than I thought:biggrin: How about you?

No same, I thought I kinda messed up on some questions but the mark scheme kinda got my hopes up. How many marks do you reckon you dropped on the first paper?

Now that's good, the only problem is you'll have nothing to do for a few days lol xD
Like if you spread out your practice over a few days you'll get more and more momentum and on the final day, boom, you destroy the paper instant A^.
Reply 53
Original post by AP44
Well religion is spoon fed to some people and they're basically indoctrinated if you're growing up with a religious family so that they cant think anything else! Im sure by our age people have their own views, but that doesn't mean majority of them grew it with it being drilled into them. And It depends on your school, my friends go to schools that are really religious and i cant even move there for 6th form because im not religious. Schools shouldnt still be segregated to faith only :colonhash: My teachers don't mention personal religious beliefs in science or RS. :u:

I don't get this whole segregation system either - if you're not this, you can't join us and all that bull****. Personally, I think it's better if people with very different beliefs are mixed up - sure, people might argue, but it will make for good discussions, and we'll all have a broader range of experiences and be able to relate to more people...in some way mixing people up kinda allows personal growth :h:

Yeah, spoon feeding is the worst...and not just from familly's trying to force their kids into being religious, but like the ideas and things society wants to brainwash us with, so that they can screw us over and make money over it.

Like from when you're born you're taught to respect everyone and do what you're told, in schools they tell you not to argue with people...which is not a bad thing in some scenarios, but it kinda makes people into push overs who are afraid to express their opinions and be themselves. And by "avoiding" arguments, everyone pretends to like each other, and then they talk **** behind their back - that's what most kids do at my school. What kinda bull**** is that? This is the perfect recipe for a cheap and fake society where no one will trust themselves :/ Lol xD I went a little off topic but oh well, good luck friday mate, we can do it :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by el Brah
I don't get this whole segregation system either - if you're not this, you can't join us and all that bull****. Personally, I think it's better if people with very different beliefs are mixed up - sure, people might argue, but it will make for good discussions, and we'll all have a broader range of experiences and be able to relate to more people...in some way mixing people up kinda allows personal growth :h:

Yeah, spoon feeding is the worst...and not just from familly's trying to force their kids into being religious, but like the ideas and things society wants to brainwash us with, so that they can screw us over and make money over it.

Like from when you're born you're taught to respect everyone and do what you're told, in schools they tell you not to argue with people...which is not a bad thing in some scenarios, but it kinda makes people into push overs who are afraid to express their opinions and be themselves. And by "avoiding" arguments, everyone pretends to like each other, and then they talk **** behind their back - that's what most kids do at my school. What kinda bull**** is that? This is the perfect recipe for a cheap and fake society where no one will trust themselves :/ Lol xD I went a little off topic but oh well, good luck friday mate, we can do it :smile:

Exactly. Thankyou you too :wink:
Reply 55
Original post by AP44
Exactly. Thankyou you too :wink:

no worries m8 :h:
Reply 56
Original post by derpz
I don't smoke weed ahaha

You into smoking fish then? Just got some salmon we can paint it yellow and get you a real fish hat :biggrin:
Original post by el Brah
No same, I thought I kinda messed up on some questions but the mark scheme kinda got my hopes up. How many marks do you reckon you dropped on the first paper?

Now that's good, the only problem is you'll have nothing to do for a few days lol xD
Like if you spread out your practice over a few days you'll get more and more momentum and on the final day, boom, you destroy the paper instant A^.

I think I got in the 40s for paper 1, so an A^ is out of my reach but hopefully I can get an A or A*!
And they save the worst till last...
Reply 59
I think I got in the 40s for paper 1, so an A^ is out of my reach but hopefully I can get an A or A*!

A* is like 60% normally, so you need 105 marks out of 175 to get A*, so you can definetly get an A*. If I were you just aim as high as you can, don't hold yourself back to same grade boundreis :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending