The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Will these GCSE's get me into UCL?

I got 4 B's and 1 C. I know they're not great but if I was to good as levels, does anyone think I'll get an offer from them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah !
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
What if I got AAAA in my as level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Unknown598
What if I got AAAA in my as level

Posted from TSR Mobile

You wont

Posted from TSR Mobile
realistically no because for many competitive courses UCL demands at least 6A* at GCSE and even though they wont mention it explicitly by doing your own research online you will find that out!

tbh depends on the course really
I got 4 B's and 1 C. I know they're not great but if I was to good as levels, does anyone think I'll get an offer from them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unlikely - however, if you tried resitting the important ones alongside AS-levels and were to come out with AAAA, then anything's possible. Don't forget that the dumbing down of exams means that the stakes are higher than ever though, so don't be disheartened if you're rejected.
Reply 6
No
Reply 7
You have sub-par GCSEs. It would be unrealistic to expect a positive response from TSR.

My advice would be to make sure to do well in your AS levels. AAAB candidate in good A level subjects > BCC + 9a* at gcse. It can even out. But again, it's all up to you.

Unless you're applying for Medicine, this should give you a good shot.
I know people who got much better Gcses than me who then got rejected from Unis that i got accepted into because i was predicted A*AA and they weren't. Its always worth a shot, but you'll have to work hard to make sure you get those predictions. Tbh unless its Oxbridge then i don't think unis put much stock at all in GCSEs.
I got an offer from Warwick for Economics with average GCSES(A's and B's).Did pretty well for AS levels(1 A and 3 B's).Do not discourage yourself from the above posts!
Reply 10
Original post by Skill Twix
I got an offer from Warwick for Economics with average GCSES(A's and B's).Did pretty well for AS levels(1 A and 3 B's).Do not discourage yourself from the above posts!

Thank you. At least some motivation 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you. At least some motivation 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your welcome!
Hope you get into UCL!
Will UCL look specifically at which GCSE's you got A*'s in? I got a*'s in Maths and all three sciences and also history. a's in all my other gcse's.

Would they consider the gcse subject?
I think this year at AS. I should get 3 A's and 1 B (worst case 1 A and 3 B's)

I want to apply for straight econ at ucl :smile:
Reply 13
I got 8 C's and a B and I got in. It's certainly possible.
Original post by josh_v
I got 8 C's and a B and I got in. It's certainly possible.

For which course?
I hope you are not lying!
Reply 15
Original post by Skill Twix
For which course?
I hope you are not lying!

Im not lying.
Im currently doing masters in Finance and Risk
Original post by josh_v
Im not lying.
Im currently doing masters in Finance and Risk

You did your bachelors at UCL?Which degree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending