The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

2024 lse politics applicants

hey guys,

anyone applying for politics/politics and ir/politics and economics? what are your gcses and a level predicted and how are you feeling

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I applied for Politics and IR with A*AA predicted grades for Politics, Maths and Geography A-Levels, I got 888888,7,6,5 at GCSE and just found out like 30 minutes ago that I didn't get in, it was going to be my top/second top choice, my only other dream uni that I really want to go to now is UCL and they have not replied to my application yet. I don't know why but even though I knew the stats I didn't really seriously consider the fact that I probs wouldn't get in. I've gotten into KCL, Warwick and SOASs but have had my heart set on LSE and UCL for years :frown:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi, I applied for Politics and IR with A*AA predicted grades for Politics, Maths and Geography A-Levels, I got 888888,7,6,5 at GCSE and just found out like 30 minutes ago that I didn't get in, it was going to be my top/second top choice, my only other dream uni that I really want to go to now is UCL and they have not replied to my application yet. I don't know why but even though I knew the stats I didn't really seriously consider the fact that I probs wouldn't get in. I've gotten into KCL, Warwick and SOASs but have had my heart set on LSE and UCL for years :frown:

oh no I’m so sorry. Did they give you a reason why
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
oh no I’m so sorry. Did they give you a reason why

GCSE grades weren't competitive enough apparently, now I'm worried that because I wasn't good enough for LSE I won't get into UCL and won't be able to go to the universities I really want to go go.
Reply 4
Original post by rainxx
GCSE grades weren't competitive enough apparently, now I'm worried that because I wasn't good enough for LSE I won't get into UCL and won't be able to go to the universities I really want to go go.

Those were some really good grades what a shame they're missing out don't worry, competition is hell there.
May i ask when you applied?

I heard UCL has a slightly less emphasis on GCSE grades ( depending on the course) so i think you still have a good chance. UCL are known for taking forever so don't be worried if you have not got a response yet.
Reply 5
Those were some really good grades what a shame they're missing out don't worry, competition is hell there.
May i ask when you applied?

I heard UCL has a slightly less emphasis on GCSE grades ( depending on the course) so i think you still have a good chance. UCL are known for taking forever so don't be worried if you have not got a response yet.

I applied on December 1st, 2023. Thanks, hopefully you have a lot more luck than I did, you should probs hear back soon too as I have seen other people on here being accepted/ rejected who r doing politics since the week started x
Reply 6
Original post by rainxx
I applied on December 1st, 2023. Thanks, hopefully you have a lot more luck than I did, you should probs hear back soon too as I have seen other people on here being accepted/ rejected who r doing politics since the week started x

thank you and oh wait have politics decisions started to come out oh no thats scary
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #2
i got a ucl offer three days ago just wonderint if you also heard back?
Congrats!!! When did you apply and what were your predicted grades? xx
Reply 9
thank youuu 4 A stars and I applied late october! just waiting on LSE now haha
Reply 10
Oh that's amazing! No I haven't heard anything yet, which is terrifying, I'll lyk as soon as I get a decision!
hey guys,
anyone applying for politics/politics and ir/politics and economics? what are your gcses and a level predicted and how are you feeling
I applied for poli and ir my predicted is A*A*A and in my gcses i got 9,9,9,8,8,8,7,6,6. My gcses are not that amazing but i did get into ucl like two weeks ago so feeling a little less stressed. Also got into city, queen mary and royal holloway
Original post by Anonymous #4
I applied for poli and ir my predicted is A*A*A and in my gcses i got 9,9,9,8,8,8,7,6,6. My gcses are not that amazing but i did get into ucl like two weeks ago so feeling a little less stressed. Also got into city, queen mary and royal holloway
ayy well done. i also got similar GCSES and got into ucl for pol and ir. im only waiting for LSE straight politics now fingers crossed. but i wanna hear back asap so i can firm UCL otherwise. good luck!
ayy well done. i also got similar GCSES and got into ucl for pol and ir. im only waiting for LSE straight politics now fingers crossed. but i wanna hear back asap so i can firm UCL otherwise. good luck!
literally in the same spot so best of luck to you. Update me and let me know how it goes fingers crossed.
LSE being this late for politics is driving me crazy. LIKE WHAT IS TAKING YOU SO LONG
LSE being this late for politics is driving me crazy. LIKE WHAT IS TAKING YOU SO LONG

i hope they reply after easter’s bc exams are getting so close
Rcvd an offer for History and Politics on 28th.
Original post by Anonymous
Rcvd an offer for History and Politics on 28th.

when did you apply and what were ur predicted grades if you don't mind x
Original post by Anonymous
when did you apply and what were ur predicted grades if you don't mind x

Applied early October, predicted 44 IB
hey queens just thought id update you guys. got my politics offer today!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending