The Student Room Group

Can I still get offers for a Maths degree if I do badly in AS?

C1 and D1 were good exams but C2 was too hard (for the whole nation also) and I can guarantee it has brought my grade down :frown: I looked up model answers for all exams (stupid idea ik) but I thought I'd do it anyway. I can see myself getting a C or a D because of how bad C2 was.

Will I still get uni offers? I'm really interested in doing a degree in Maths and I've been looking at Open Days but I feel like I will get rejected. Also, when offers are given does it always depend on just the AS grades? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by leenorton
C1 and D1 were good exams but C2 was too hard (for the whole nation also) and I can guarantee it has brought my grade down :frown: I looked up model answers for all exams (stupid idea ik) but I thought I'd do it anyway. I can see myself getting a C or a D because of how bad C2 was.

Will I still get uni offers? I'm really interested in doing a degree in Maths and I've been looking at Open Days but I feel like I will get rejected. Also, when offers are given does it always depend on just the AS grades? Thanks

most maths degrees start from a minimum grade A prediction for full A level (bottom tier Universities) to double A* in maths and further Maths plus more.
So there is a very big range.
You have to wait for your results but I do not think it is worth applying even to a bottom end university with a grade B prediction (or less)
Reply 2
Original post by leenorton

Work hard at A2, and start preparing for C3 and C4 now. If you're still interested in Maths then think of applying for a Maths with a foundation year, or even the Scottish uni (as their minimum is BBB for 4yrs).

Quick Reply

Latest