The Student Room Group

Are men human?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Copperknickers
Animals have emotions too, and they show their emotions. And most animals are not aggressive and don't fight. I think you need to read up on zoology before you start deciding what's human and what's isn't. Besides, humans are animals, why do we have to distance ourselves from animals? Other animals don't kill for fun, or have religions, or watch ridiculous reality tv shows, we could learn a lot from them.

And if it wasn't for men fighting to the death you'd be living in the Nazi empire of the world and worshipping Adolf Hitler right now, have some respect for the people that fought and died so that you can live in comfort and post feminist rubbish on the internet.

If it wasn't for men, there wouldn't be world war 2. No one had to fight, yet men at that time were brainwashed into fighting.
Women think with emotions. Men think with logic. Just different not deficient. Of course there's plenty of crossover due to quirks of nature.

In fact I would advocate having a certain percentage of Women in power because Men can't see from Women's perspective and vice versa.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by gordonbennetton
Women think with emotions. Men think with logic. Just different not deficient. Of course there's plenty of crossover due to quirks of nature.

In fact I would advocate having a certain percentage of Women in power because Men can't see from Women's perspective and vice versa.

Be careful, you describe gender stereotypes! women are capable of thinking like men indeed and vice versa.
Original post by Kallisto
Be careful, you describe gender stereotypes! women are capable of thinking like men indeed and vice versa.

Of course, some women think more logically and some men are very good at assessing emotions. These are exceptions to the rule though.
Of course, some women think more logically and some men are very good at assessing emotions. These are exceptions to the rule though.

From my own experiences in family and circle of family, I would say that you are right.
Reply 25
Women think with emotions. Men think with logic.

Even if this were true, it'd still be an outrageous simplification.
Just different not deficient.

Why should we value emotion as much as we value reason (or logic, but few people are actually versed in that)?
Original post by asmuse123
If it wasn't for men, there wouldn't be world war 2. No one had to fight, yet men at that time were brainwashed into fighting.

There would be no WW2? Why were there female Nazis then? There were female concentration camp guards, now there are female soldiers. Women are also capable of brainwashing and being brainwashed.
Men are told not to cry because it's seen as a sign of weakness. Society strikes again.
Reply 28
Original post by HuggleyDuck
Of course men are human. Society tells men not to cry.

Then act as though you are.
Because men are different to women it doesn't mean we're not human. Naturally men show less emotions and are more aggressive/protective as they are have the role of supporting and protecting the family, which is how humans and most other animals survive.
men are human, man
If men are human, then why do so many fathers tell their sons not to cry, which is a distinctly human trait. If we want the world to treat men as human, then we must be human, we must show our emotions, especially considering that most jobs in the future will require employees to understand emotions and help people. Ergo, being human.
You may say I'm generalising fathers, but I said 'many', and you know it'd true. I've asked many people in my life and they all say 'boys don't cry'. I messaged you because you say that 'Men are human too', yet you don't realise that men make themselves unhuman. If you see many movies 'made for men', like action movies, they treat men as aggressive, horny robot soldiers, fighting to the death for nothing, but these traits aren't as human as emotions. Animals are aggressive, they are horny, they fight for food, territory and mates, and so do we, but what makes humans different to them is that we have emotions, we show our emotions and we help others showing their emotions, many women do this and so they are treated as human, yet men are not treated as human because we make ourselves not human. The fault of the patriarchy.

animals have emotions.

and aggression/hate are emotions.

sorry, but your opinions are simply that...your opinions.
Original post by darthentantius
animals have emotions.

and aggression/hate are emotions.

sorry, but your opinions are simply that...your opinions.

I'm talking about empathy.
animals have empathy.
obvious troll is obvious. Good day
Original post by Copperknickers
There would be no WW2? Why were there female Nazis then? There were female concentration camp guards, now there are female soldiers. Women are also capable of brainwashing and being brainwashed.

I have nothing to add to the debate I just wanted to point out that your screen name is decent =)
Such logic.
Yes, men are human
Reply 37
Not once in my life has my dad told me not to cry

Posted from TSR Mobile
If men are human, then why do so many fathers tell their sons not to cry, which is a distinctly human trait. If we want the world to treat men as human, then we must be human, we must show our emotions, especially considering that most jobs in the future will require employees to understand emotions and help people. Ergo, being human.
You may say I'm generalising fathers, but I said 'many', and you know it'd true. I've asked many people in my life and they all say 'boys don't cry'. I messaged you because you say that 'Men are human too', yet you don't realise that men make themselves unhuman. If you see many movies 'made for men', like action movies, they treat men as aggressive, horny robot soldiers, fighting to the death for nothing, but these traits aren't as human as emotions. Animals are aggressive, they are horny, they fight for food, territory and mates, and so do we, but what makes humans different to them is that we have emotions, we show our emotions and we help others showing their emotions, many women do this and so they are treated as human, yet men are not treated as human because we make ourselves not human. The fault of the patriarchy.

Is this really different to any other animal of a reasonable complexity, in nature?

You forget, humans are animals. If we are animals and fall into the species that we define as ourselves, we are (by definition) human.

I personally can't think of anything that make humans so superior to every other (reasonably complex, animal) species out there, in a way that you could be generalised as 'this is a human thing, what other species do is not'.

As we define what a human is ourselves (and define ourselves as human) we can simply not be called a not-human, if we ourselves call ourselves human. This makes the whole argument of 'that is inhuman', or 'men are not human' a simply irrelevant point, and is often only said in a scenario when one cannot see why something is done, or a trait is observed and cannot be explained.

But, in all honesty, saying 'are men human?' doesn't really mean anything unless you define a human as something different to most of the rest of the human population...
Reply 39
No, men are not human. We are an abomination of nature, with unnatural characteristics such as crying. I propose society kills all men and get it over with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending