The Student Room Group

Open Days

The Cambridge Open Days are tomorrow and Friday! Who's coming? Which Colleges are on your shortlist?

Places are fully-booked for the central University events but you can still book a College-only ticket to look around those Colleges which are open to informal visitors. Peterhouse is open to all from 8:30-5:15 both days.
Me! Really excited!!
I am attending the subject fair at Peterhouse on Friday(Medicine).
If I remember correctly, the subject fair starts at 12 and finishes at 1pm.
I might also visit Corpus Christi because it is literally next to Peterhouse! :smile:
Original post by Junioh
Me! Really excited!!
I am attending the subject fair at Peterhouse on Friday(Medicine).
If I remember correctly, the subject fair starts at 12 and finishes at 1pm.
I might also visit Corpus Christi because it is literally next to Peterhouse! :smile:

Yep, 12-1 both days no booking required. Details here. Pembroke is just across the street too!
Reply 3
I'm going and staying overnight at Peterhouse! Exciting! :smile:
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
Yep, 12-1 both days no booking required. Details here. Pembroke is just across the street too!

Just checked Pembroke's website. The college is fully booked. :frown:
Oh well~
Original post by marioman
I'm going and staying overnight at Peterhouse! Exciting! :smile:

So jealous!!! I missed the college accommodation booking deadline:frown:..
(edited 8 years ago)
The Cambridge Open Days are tomorrow and Friday! Who's coming? Which Colleges are on your shortlist?
Places are fully-booked for the central University events but you can still book a College-only ticket to look around those Colleges which are open to informal visitors. Peterhouse is open to all from 8:30-5:15 both days.

meh I'd like to go but it is too much effort to take the train since my parents wont drive me.
i'll be at home grinding step papers, which should also be more productive as well
How do you book for an informal visit?
Original post by ivybridge

You can just phone or email any college you want to visit. :smile:
Original post by ivybridge

Informal visits are just that - no booking required, just turn up!
Informal visits are just that - no booking required, just turn up!

Isn't it better to let them know beforehand if you want to see someone from the admission office to get some information? Someone I know visited a college without appointment some years ago and a porter there was very helpful to show them around the college, but no one from admission office was available to have a chat at the time of their visit.
Original post by vincrows
Isn't it better to let them know beforehand if you want to see someone from the admission office to get some information? Someone I know visited a college without appointment some years ago and a porter there was very helpful to show them around the college, but no one from admission office was available to have a chat at the time of their visit.

This thread is addressing the Open Days where there will be people around to help. If you want to make an informal visit at another time, it's best to phone or email ahead.
Thanks for the subject fair - I went on Friday, really enjoyed chatting to the DoS and loved Peterhouse! The tea and cake was an added bonus :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending