The Student Room Group

Difference between open day and offer holder day

What's the difference between open day and offer holder day? Do the universities give a more details regarding coming to studying at the universities?
Reply 1
Original post by pwp1014
What's the difference between open day and offer holder day? Do the universities give a more details regarding coming to studying at the universities?

i think u get to test out how ur course will be and have like a day to be a student at the university, like doing actual lectures and activities
Reply 2
Original post by li1lac
i think u get to test out how ur course will be and have like a day to be a student at the university, like doing actual lectures and activities
Oh ok, thank you so much
Much more course fossed without all the bells and whistles of an Open Day.
Original post by pwp1014
Hi!

The difference between an Open Day and an Applicant / Offer Holder Day is that an Open Day is open for everyone and its purpose is to give you a good feel for the university and an introduction of what it looks like, what courses are on offer and how to chose what to study.
Applicant days are tailored for those who have applied and are more course specific, moving on from the initial introduction to university and what higher education is like to focus more on additional features such as taster lectures, detailed subject talks and a better idea of student services and accommodations.
I would recommend visiting applicant days, as you can get a chance to ask important questions and receive detailed answers to things you may not have thought on a previous open day!
You will have time to ask current students further questions and get a better idea of your course and the campus you will study at now that you have a better idea and a focus on your chosen course.
Hope this helps :smile:

Ria
Official LJMU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending