The Student Room Group

GuppyFox's Summer Bucket List

I have probably given myself way too much to do over the summer with little time to do it in, but I might surprise myself!

See my grandad for a pub lunch

Reach my ideal weight 10 stone

Treat my girlfriend to something nice

Try out virtual reality

Get new fish for my tank

Try baking ‘fit desserts’ such as oat chocolate cake

Resist temptation to buy a Wii U

Start watching something new (game of thrones, walking dead)

Don’t go a day over my 1500 calorie goal

Resist temptation to buy a smart watch

Cycle from Brighton to Eastbourne and back

Create a pineapple cocktail

Watch Ted 2 at the cinema

Re-sign up to the gym

Discover a new amazing House DJ or artist

Complete my unfinished 3DS games

Treat my little brother to something nice / take him out for the day

Fill up my TSR rep bar

Try a new unusual food (Last months was chicken foot)

Visit a historic place (Newhaven fort possibly)

Try making chicken paella

Take a train journey to somewhere new

Move out of home

Visit the sea life centre

Watch a film down the Brighton big screen

Go swimming in the sea

Create myself a new level on LittleBigPlanet 3

Do karaoke

Make a healthy pizza

Catch up on films i have missed this year

Save Greece!

-
Completed
Failed
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
If you saved Greece I'd post GuppyFox for Summer Bucket List Champion all over TSR.
Reply 2
My update for 6th July

Don’t go a day over my 1500 calorie goal
I went clubbing on the spur of the moment and probably drunk/eat 3000 calories in that night alone, and hangover-munchies made Sunday even worse. Better than failing by a few calories mind!

Try baking ‘fit desserts’ such as oat chocolate cake (Progress)
So me and my girlfriend tried making a healthy banana bread at the weekend, the less said about the taste of it the better. Technically I've completed this as I 'tried' baking it but I want to make something I won't sick out in the garden.
Reply 3
My update for 9th July

Try out virtual reality
Thanks to my trip up to London for TSR I managed to try all the cool games and demos for VR! My impressions article should be up soon. Been waiting years to try it out and wasn't disappointed :smile:
Reply 4
My update for 20th July

I did it at last! My (sort-of) new years resolution and goal paid off and I'm now happy I am the weight I should be.

Resist temptation to buy a smartwatch
Reaching 10 stone has made me want to stay at that weight, and so I got this thing I really wanted for ages to partly help me stay fit and help me go jogging and cycling, and also just because it is really cool.
Original post by GuppyFox
My update for 20th July

I did it at last! My (sort-of) new years resolution and goal paid off and I'm now happy I am the weight I should be.

Resist temptation to buy a smartwatch
Reaching 10 stone has made me want to stay at that weight, and so I got this thing I really wanted for ages to partly help me stay fit and help me go jogging and cycling, and also just because it is really cool.

Well done! :h:
Reply 6
My update for 28th July

Me and my girlfriend had another bash at baking this past weekend and we created 37 calorie chocolate brownies - made with yoghurt and no flour and were very tasty - we made a second batch the day after!

Started watching this really funny show called Yonderland on Sky One, made from the horrible histories peoples - very funny!
Love your blog!

37 calories?! Any chance for the recipe, I'd love to give them a go:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My update for 28th July

Me and my girlfriend had another bash at baking this past weekend and we created 37 calorie chocolate brownies - made with yoghurt and no flour and were very tasty - we made a second batch the day after!

Started watching this really funny show called Yonderland on Sky One, made from the horrible histories peoples - very funny!

can i be cheeky and ask for the recipe too?:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by claireestelle
can i be cheeky and ask for the recipe too?:smile:

Original post by melissadawson
Love your blog!

37 calories?! Any chance for the recipe, I'd love to give them a go:biggrin:

Haha thanks!

We got the recipe from Instagram, I'll try and find it and post it up tomorrow! :smile:
Haha thanks!

We got the recipe from Instagram, I'll try and find it and post it up tomorrow! :smile:

that would be brilliant, thank you:smile:
Reply 11
I couldn't find the recipe on Instagram but it was basically like this:

http://bromabakery.com/2013/04/37-calorie-brownies-and-no-im-not.html

We added a few choccy chips to boost its taste though, so it was a little more calorific - but not by much!

@claireestelle @melissadawson
Reply 12
My update for 3rd August
Get new fish for my tank
Meet Derek and Elf!

Elf likes to hide in that log thing so this is basically as good a picture as we can get, when he does come out he darts around everywhere which is rather hilarious :tongue:

Derek is a Discus that can actually grow quite large, but we hope to get a bigger tank next year so that's not a problem :smile:
Reply 13
My update for 18th August

See my grandad for a pub lunch
Well I didn't technically go for a pub lunch but I have met up with him for a drink so I'm sure that counts :smile:

Resist temptation to buy a Wii U
I can't afford one now so this is pretty much completed - plus we found a Nintendo 64 with a lot of games at my partners home so that's keeping us busy! (Rayman 2 & Super Mario 64 :biggrin:)

Treat my girlfriend to something nice
This should say my fiancee now :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
My update for 3rd August
Get new fish for my tank
Meet Derek and Elf!

Elf likes to hide in that log thing so this is basically as good a picture as we can get, when he does come out he darts around everywhere which is rather hilarious :tongue:

Derek is a Discus that can actually grow quite large, but we hope to get a bigger tank next year so that's not a problem :smile:

Oh my god, these are amazing! So colourful :smile:
Reply 15
My (FINAL) update for 28th August
It's the last day of the bucket list:

-

I haven't actually completed any more things on my list because I've been busy trying to nail down somewhere to live for the next year (and still trying hard!!)

But I've got up to a few cool things over the summer which I didn't originally write on my list, such as:

Starting my own blog
https://masonjtking.wordpress.com/ - for those who want to have a gander! It's mainly just a website-resume of all my articles for websites right now but I'm going to start writing some original pieces at some point soon.

Get better dental hygiene
Sounds stupid, but I would try and pass off with a quick brush every morning. Now I (mostly) do it twice a day with mouthwash and floss.

Get a library card
Well I got one to borrow out recipe books but it's a start!

Like Cheesecake
How have I not liked this all my life?!

Quick Reply

Latest