The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Moving to Derby this weekend

Hello!

I'm Becca. I'm going to be studying textiles at the university in September. I'm 21 so we've decided to move down a little earlier, so I have time to get settled and find a job. I'm hoping to find some more textiles students who are staying over the summer to talk to. I know it's a long shot.
Also 21 and moving down in September ^^ I'm pretty sure I've seen a lot of textile students post in the accommodation thread, check there. I'll be studying Computer Games Modelling and Animation
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Original post by Redmark
Also 21 and moving down in September ^^ I'm pretty sure I've seen a lot of textile students post in the accommodation thread, check there. I'll be studying Computer Games Modelling and Animation

I keep getting worried about others on the course thinking I'm old!
Original post by GeoffreyandFlop

Same, but I wouldn't worry about it. There will be people even older than us, it doesn't mean you wont make friends :P

Will you be doing halls first year or private accommodation?
Original post by Redmark
Will you be doing halls first year or private accommodation?

I know it's not going to be a major issue but it's just niggling at me. Especially since I don't have a levels or anything in textiles.

I'm moving into private housing with my boyfriend who works from home. So r move should be pretty easy
I know it's not going to be a major issue but it's just niggling at me. Especially since I don't have a levels or anything in textiles.

I'm moving into private housing with my boyfriend who works from home. So r move should be pretty easy

It wont be an issue at all I don't think, if you socialize enough it'll be easy. Check the accommodation thread to find people doing textiles, there's quite a few I believe. I'll be doing halls first year just to make socializing that bit easier

If it bothers you a little you're welcome to go around freshers week with me and some other people I'm going with. If you're going earlier than the rest of us you might even make some friends before starting which is always cool :smile:
Original post by Redmark
If it bothers you a little you're welcome to go around freshers week with me and some other people I'm going with. If you're going earlier than the rest of us you might even make some friends before starting which is always cool :smile:

I'm just very aware that I won't be in halls so won't know many people and I'm not a big party person, so freshers is my idea of hell!
I'm just very aware that I won't be in halls so won't know many people and I'm not a big party person, so freshers is my idea of hell!

I'm not a party person either, we were just going to go around Derby and the uni itself to see the different societies etc and actually just do something sensible the first few weeks instead of partying all the time :smile:
Original post by Redmark
I'm not a party person either, we were just going to go around Derby and the uni itself to see the different societies etc and actually just do something sensible the first few weeks instead of partying all the time :smile:

Well I might have to take you up on that offer then :smile:
Well I might have to take you up on that offer then :smile:

Awesome :smile: there's 4 of us all-together, which I think is a nice number. We were all going to get together and talk closer to September after Summer when everyone is done taking a break. But I'm happy to talk over Summer since I'm not too busy until August. We'll figure out what to do closer to the time.
I go on the first of september I am 18 i am so nervous that i wont have any friends but I am sure we could be friends ^^ you seem really nice and you do textiles which is so cool omg I could never do that I suck haha I think its awesome and I am sure there will be people older then 21 there but age shouldnt matter when you are there to learn and get better ^^ I hope we have a chance to meet will be awesome. haha I am with you on partying i will probibly just be a hermit crab or something haha ^^
Reply 13
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending