The Student Room Group

Rolls Royce degree apprenticeship application

I'm looking to apply, any advice and tips for the application, and what to include?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pricelad
I'm looking to apply, any advice and tips for the application, and what to include?

Hi, I got an offer from Rolls Royce for a degree apprenticeship last year so I can help you with this as I've been through the exact process you're about to go through. I can offer some key tips now.

Make sure you have lots of work experience and achievements for your CV - you need to be able to evidence that you have EVERY skill in the job description

Know Rolls-Royce's values (trust, integrity + safety) off by heart - you must reference ALL of these somewhere in your CV to show you align with their mission

Make sure you do lots of research about Rolls-Royce - e.g. their current products/programmes/strategies such as the Tempest programme or the Spirit of Innovation

Ensure you know a lot about sustainability - this is a key focus of Rolls-Royce so you need to be able to talk about it

Practise for the online testing, virtual interview and assessment centre

If you want, I can send you a few links which might help you - including a link about the CV which got me my degree apprenticeship offer from Rolls-Royce. Let me know if you want these links - just reply to this thread.
Reply 2
Original post by apprentinsideryt
Hi, I got an offer from Rolls Royce for a degree apprenticeship last year so I can help you with this as I've been through the exact process you're about to go through. I can offer some key tips now.

Make sure you have lots of work experience and achievements for your CV - you need to be able to evidence that you have EVERY skill in the job description

Know Rolls-Royce's values (trust, integrity + safety) off by heart - you must reference ALL of these somewhere in your CV to show you align with their mission

Make sure you do lots of research about Rolls-Royce - e.g. their current products/programmes/strategies such as the Tempest programme or the Spirit of Innovation

Ensure you know a lot about sustainability - this is a key focus of Rolls-Royce so you need to be able to talk about it

If you want, I can send you a few links which might help you - including a link about the CV which got me my degree apprenticeship offer from Rolls-Royce. Let me know if you want these links - just reply to this thread.

Hi thanks for your help
If you could send me that link about the CV that would be very helpful.
No worries - here's the 2 links you asked for about the CVs.

Structure of the CV I used to get my RR offer - https://youtu.be/DMPEogTDvtQ
Step by step walkthrough of how to write one - https://youtu.be/Tvgi9_0iYOI

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything further.
Reply 4
Hi thanks for your help
If you could send me that link about the CV that would be very helpful.

Hi I'm also applying for apprenticeship and have no idea on how create a CV, or what to include in it. Could you please forward me the link. Thank you so much 🙂
Reply 5
Original post by Topvally
Hi I'm also applying for apprenticeship and have no idea on how create a CV, or what to include in it. Could you please forward me the link. Thank you so much 🙂

https://youtu.be/DMPEogTDvtQ
https://youtu.be/Tvgi9_0iYOI
Reply 6

hi there, generally what could be a good example for this question they ask in the application

At Rolls-Royce, we are passionate about continuous learning and believe it is important to "Never stop growing". Please share an example of something you've been learning outside of your formal studies or work experience.
Is this for the Derby site? My friend is a manager in the apprentice recruitment side so I am happy to ask specific requirements if needed?
Reply 8
Original post by Zia Ahmad
hi there, generally what could be a good example for this question they ask in the application

At Rolls-Royce, we are passionate about continuous learning and believe it is important to "Never stop growing". Please share an example of something you've been learning outside of your formal studies or work experience.

I've accepted an offer from Rolls-Royce for an apprenticeship recently - in my application I spoke about some robotics projects I do in my spare time (I'm on the engineering scheme) and the skills I had to learn for this, e.g programming, PCB design, CAD etc.
Reply 9
Original post by blisswbbr
Hi I’ve recently been offered one for project management. Have you received a conditional offer or confirmation email yet?

Firstly congrats on your offer! I've yet to receive a formal offer yet, but I did receive an email from my recruiter this week asking me to update my details in Workday as it was being processed, so I think it'll come soon.
Reply 10
Original post by NatalieUoEOnline
Is this for the Derby site? My friend is a manager in the apprentice recruitment side so I am happy to ask specific requirements if needed?

Hi thanks for your response, I’d just like to know what they are looking for in an employee and any top tips
Many thanks
Hi thanks for your response, I’d just like to know what they are looking for in an employee and any top tips
Many thanks

I'll ask her now and comment back :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by NatalieUoEOnline

Hi Natalie i am applying for the software engineering degree apprenticeship course at Rolls Royce and i have a few question, is it okay if you drop me a message and i can ask you a few questions please, Thanks!
Original post by yazxt
I've accepted an offer from Rolls-Royce for an apprenticeship recently - in my application I spoke about some robotics projects I do in my spare time (I'm on the engineering scheme) and the skills I had to learn for this, e.g programming, PCB design, CAD etc.

Hi, I was wondering when did you hear back? I have not heard back from them since the intial stage does that mean a rejection?
Reply 14
Original post by Logrithmic
Hi, I was wondering when did you hear back? I have not heard back from them since the intial stage does that mean a rejection?

I applied 28th of December, completed the online tests within a week or two, was invited to an AC on the 18th of Feb and found out a week later
Reply 15

Hi! I have been moved up to the assessment centre stage but it’s been 3 weeks now and I don’t know if I should be worried or not because I’m yet to be formally invited to an assessment centre. So if you could tell me when you had yours or if it was held after the closing date of the job that’d be great. Thank you
Reply 16
Original post by yazxt

You’re on the engineering scheme? When did you do your assessment centre? Because I applied for the same scheme and I got moved to the assessment center stage in January but I’m yet to be formally invited. Should I be worried?
Reply 17
Original post by yazxt
I applied 28th of December, completed the online tests within a week or two, was invited to an AC on the 18th of Feb and found out a week later

It says one day ago but today is the 18th of feb. are the dates mixed up?💀
Reply 18
Original post by Rahmakoko
It says one day ago but today is the 18th of feb. are the dates mixed up?💀

Oh yeah sorry - 18th of Jan for Engineering my bad!
Reply 19
Original post by yazxt
Oh yeah sorry - 18th of Jan for Engineering my bad!

I applied on second January and I got to the assessment center stage on the 10th of January but I’m yet to be formally invited to an AC, should I be worried? It engineering degree apprenticeship at Bristol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending