The Student Room Group

is this normal for someone my age ?

I'm 24 and have been in 2 serious relationships which both lasted 3 years. The last one ended as he fell for someone else and left me for her.
I was feeling so low and lonely and thought I should focus on meeting someone else who'd make me happy again.

However, I have realised after talking to a few guys (but haven't been on a date) that I do not even want to meet anyone.

I'm still getting over my ex, but apart from this there is absolutely nobody else i'm interested in and to be honest it feels amazing.

I have no desire to be close to or intimate with a man at all. I've had friends on dating sites a month after their relationships ended, and while that's entirely their choice, I hope they do not feel they cannot be happy single.

I've stopped taking my contraception and overall I feel so liberated. I don't like how i am in relationships either.

I don't even wanna go on a date or have any kind of intimacy.
Just feels so good, but I dunno if it's normal? Does anyone else feel the same? Thanks
Of course its normal! Woman just take a break from the men. Do some me things and just enjoy yourself
That would make you a very tough and resilient person. You're stronger than many.
What are u studying ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Totally normal, I know the feeling. It's so lovely being single.
It sounds normal! it seems like you find the experience of being single and independent refreshing and thats understandable.Don't depend on someone else for your happiness and dont feel lonely and upset because your no longer with someone :tongue:
Reply 6
Thanks a lot guys :smile: makes me feel good.

I'm doing a pgce in Sept :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending