The Student Room Group

Is 17 and 19 a bad age gap in a relationship?

The guy is just about to turn 19, the girl is just about to turn 17. Is this a bad age gap or is this normal?
If it was 18 and 20 then alr but 19 and 17 for me is a bit iffy
The age gap is not what you should be worried about, its the fact that someone in the relationship is 17.
Reply 3
To be honest, and saying this as a male, the average 17 year old girl is as adult as a 19 year old male.
Most 19 year old girls prefer older males because 19 year old blokes are too immature.

Your only issue might be the over 18 being able to do stuff that 17 year olds can’t. Although in my experience 17 year old females get away with more than 17 year old males can.
Original post by domonict
To be honest, and saying this as a male, the average 17 year old girl is as adult as a 19 year old male.
Most 19 year old girls prefer older males because 19 year old blokes are too immature.

Your only issue might be the over 18 being able to do stuff that 17 year olds can’t. Although in my experience 17 year old females get away with more than 17 year old males can.

I honestly have no problem but a rule is a rule. If there was no such law then go ahead.
Nah, it’s fine.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
The guy is just about to turn 19, the girl is just about to turn 17. Is this a bad age gap or is this normal?

Why do you think 2 years is a bad age gap?
If it’s 1 year or 2 years its fine anything major and :eek:
Reply 8
I don't think it's bad I'm asking to see what others think of it
Original post by Surnia
Why do you think 2 years is a bad age gap?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending