The Student Room Group

Have you ever met someone from an internet forum in real life?

Wondering if I'm the only one, haven't met anyone on tsr and probably never will but I on the misc on bodybuilding.com I've been approached by 4 different random people IRL who recognised me from my pics on that site srs

Felt like abit of a celebrity tbh, one of them is now my best friends irl.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You'll never beat my rep power on the misc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah, I haven't before...idk you never know, might happen by change someday though

henchboy looking hench x
Nope
Reply 4
Yes just last week actually.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by henchboy
Wondering if I'm the only one, haven't met anyone on tsr and probably never will but I on the misc on bodybuilding.com I've been approached by 4 different random people IRL who recognised me from my pics on that site srs

Original post by The_Blade
You'll never beat my rep power on the misc

Posted from TSR Mobile

aware brahs
Yep, I convinced her to come to my sixth form. She ended up attneding, became head girl, got an offer from Oxford and we're still great friends :h:
Reply 7
Yes , I'm good friends with one.
I have, two different people, one who lives in Canada.
Nope, but I guess I wouldn't mind if it was a guy. I guess that's because I've always been comfortable meeting girls face-to-face, so I wouldn't want to risk being disappointed.
Yes, I have.
Yes. I ended up in a relationship with him (we met up and everything)
Reply 12
Original post by henchboy

go to uni kid
Met a fair few on here, mostly mods but also a couple of others.
Yup met 3 people irl.
2 were a mistake tho :redface:
And one ive met and have been talkimg to everyday for the past 6 months :h:
Original post by usycool1
Met a fair few on here, mostly mods but also a couple of others.

:hi:
Reply 16
Original post by Princess31
Yup met 3 people irl.
2 were a mistake tho :redface:
And one ive met and have been talkimg to everyday for the past 6 months :h:

Lmao why a mistake? What happened?
Yes, some accidentally and some with the intention of meeting. Though some sites facilitate those meetings more than others do.
I've met peeps from GOG Soc and X Soc :h: I finding meeting Internet people scary though so I don't tend to do it, coz then they'll realise I'm quite dull and quiet IRL :redface:
yes, i met my best friend through the internet and met her quite a few times :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest