The Student Room Group

LDR blocked everywhere

We’ve been smitten and everything had been going well. Had a texting conversation about whether a country should be a federation or not. I didn’t insult or anything. Was giving my thoughts and asking what he thought. He got high and emotional. The last word was “unbelievable after which he blocked me literally everywhere. That was a shock. I didn’t feel it coming. It’s been more than a day now. We are long distance. I thought my old account and managed to text him after 24 hours. Apologised for hurting him, said that I don’t have enough information and I’d love to find out more. And want us to put it right. He just blocked that account as well. Is it forever over? I know he’s fiery. But I was sure he’d cool down in a day. Now I’m thinking this is it… it feels so much blown up out of proportion… what do you think? I’m going to give it a week and if all is quiet call it quits. It strikes me so immature… unless it was deal breaker for him. But there is no communication
Reply 1
Were you actually in a relationship? Have you ever met?
Original post by Surnia
Were you actually in a relationship? Have you ever met?

It's weird that that has to be the first query now 'Have you ever even met your partner?' :rolleyes:
Reply 3
Original post by StriderHort
It's weird that that has to be the first query now 'Have you ever even met your partner?' :rolleyes:

And don't get me started on 'talking stage' and 'situationship'...🙄
Reply 4
We have met in real life. We just live in different countries. Do you think I should reach out from another page?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
We have met in real life. We just live in different countries. Do you think I should reach out from another page?

Leave well alone. He's made it clear he's too immature to communicate properly and you don't need someone like that in your life.
Reply 6
I really care about him. In 24 hours of blocking I texted him from a different account and he blocked it. Today I texted again from another one, he just hasn’t responded but hasn’t blocked either.
I really care about him. In 24 hours of blocking I texted him from a different account and he blocked it. Today I texted again from another one, he just hasn’t responded but hasn’t blocked either.

Have you considered that his response to all this is totally over the top? It’s not exactly a good sign.
Reply 8
Original post by Admit-One
Have you considered that his response to all this is totally over the top? It’s not exactly a good sign.

I know. He can’t communicate his feelings very well. When we just met, he told me he’d had a girlfriend and only later on said he’d lied. But like, he could have said at the beginning that he’s not looking for a relationship. It’s nearly like he avoids saying things as they are. I guess I don’t like this situation and I want to have a back and forth conversation about it rather just blocking each other.
I know. He can’t communicate his feelings very well. When we just met, he told me he’d had a girlfriend and only later on said he’d lied. But like, he could have said at the beginning that he’s not looking for a relationship. It’s nearly like he avoids saying things as they are. I guess I don’t like this situation and I want to have a back and forth conversation about it rather just blocking each other.

So he’s:

- quick tempered
- emotionally immature
- uncommunicative
- a liar

I’d suggest time to move on and in time become smitten with someone without these qualities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending