The Student Room Group

Did 3 AS and I want to drop one

I only did 3 AS's this year and I want to drop one but that would leave me with only two A-levels to do next year.

What should I do?
(edited 5 years ago)
Why did you only do 3?
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
I only did 3 AS's this year and I want to drop Physics because I found it difficult and the department is crap but that would leave me with only two A-levels to do next year.

What should I do? I have been offered the chance to do Economics A-level in a year but not sure whether I should take that on.

It depends really - if you find Physics difficult it might be hard to get a good grade in next year - do you think you could get a better grade in Economics? Have a look through the subject material and see if you think it is 'easier' than Physics. Also, do you think you'd enjoy Economics more? If you do, you should probably take Economics. Either way I'd wait until Results to decide - you might be pleasantly surprised by your grade and decide to continue with it.

Hope this helps, and Good Luck! :biggrin:
Original post by emiloujess
It depends really - if you find Physics difficult it might be hard to get a good grade in next year - do you think you could get a better grade in Economics? Have a look through the subject material and see if you think it is 'easier' than Physics. Also, do you think you'd enjoy Economics more? If you do, you should probably take Economics. Either way I'd wait until Results to decide - you might be pleasantly surprised by your grade and decide to continue with it.

Hope this helps, and Good Luck! :biggrin:

Yeah i am interested in economics, thanks for the advice. Ill wait till results day
I only did 3 AS's this year and I want to drop Physics because I found it difficult and the department is crap but that would leave me with only two A-levels to do next year.

What should I do? I have been offered the chance to do Economics A-level in a year but not sure whether I should take that on.

i did edexcel economics in one year...its easily doable
Some unis do accept 2 A levels.
Original post by German123
Some unis do accept 2 A levels.

I wanted to go to a top 10 uni, I think i did well in my other two subjects and got A's in them so i dont want to be held back by the lack of a 3rd a level :frown:
I wanted to go to a top 10 uni, I think i did well in my other two subjects and got A's in them so i dont want to be held back by the lack of a 3rd a level :frown:

Hmmm...then maybe you should do what your school suggests and seek advice from a careers person.

Quick Reply

Latest