The Student Room Group

How much can you bench?

Scroll to see replies

im happy to be able to bench my own body weight, see no use to increase. i dont want those ridculous man boobs guys get from over-doing bench. rather work for wider back, shoulders, triceps etc
a French fry
I bench 85kg for 10 reps on the decline so probably a bit less for a flat bench, I weigh 84kg

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 16 been going gym for 9onths 68kg can only bench 55kg
Original post by Chakede
im happy to be able to bench my own body weight, see no use to increase. i dont want those ridculous man boobs guys get from over-doing bench. rather work for wider back, shoulders, triceps etc

Low body fat= no man boobs the guys who over bench and have man boobs just have chest fat
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 65
I am 18 I weigh 115kg and I am 6ft 6 and I can only bench like 40kg but I do 4 sets, where each set consists of 10 reps. I dont know how people do much higher weights, I usually limit myself to a weight I feel I can do 4 sets comfortably with and atm this is 40kg.

I hardly go to the gym so I am not to fussed, I would like to ideally be benching 80-100kg but yeah I dont really go to the gym and besides I would still probably win in a fight against a guy who benches more than me
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Alexion

I really chose the wrong thread for my earlier comment, didn't I...
Original post by SuperHuman98
Low body fat= no man boobs the guys who over bench and have man boobs just have chest fat

even with zero chest fat ( rare) big pecs can look like boobs too. wide square ones are best, but genetics determines the shape. the east european dudes in my gym are benching 160kg plus the bar but they look ridiculous chest way to chunky, like a bust
Need to confirm that we are meant to include the barbells weight (20kg or 17kg my gym) when we say how much we bench?:colondollar::colondollar::colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:
Original post by 0range
Lol mate youre just stupid, dyou honestly think a person weighing 100kg should be benching 200kg? That is actually retarded, most people can't do bw.

the 93kg bench press record is only 190kg ish lmao in the GBPF. I'd say they don't **** around. for 105kg it's 207.5 which is below 2xbw.

http://www.gbpf.org.uk/docs/records/GBPFMensUnequipped.pdf

It's a ludicrous standard - 2.5kg above the national record is pretty dam good.

Original post by Man.bear.pig

For a 66kg man its doable. Just not happening for 100kg+ for majority of lifters.
Original post by redbuthotter

For a 66kg man its doable. Just not happening for 100kg+ for majority of lifters.

K If you say so. Nevermind me saying it's a GOAL, NOT the standard.
And nevermind other people coming in saying they've done it or people they know.
And nevermind that I've managed to nearly reach doing the same.
And nevermind the numerous sources from professionals and experienced lifters saying this.
And nevermind that I got over this thread hours ago.
Just never mind.
And nevermind other people coming in saying they've done it or people they know.
And nevermind the numerous sources from professionals and experienced lifters saying this.
Just never mind.

You're missing the distinction between 70kg and 100kg man making double bw.

Double bw at 100kg is nonsense, as shown by our national records in the bench press. How many people do you know bench 200kg (drug free).
I know guys 60kg, bench 120kg, thats really not that special. It's really good but, to fathom is even in the same ballpark as a 200kg bench press is retarded.
I mean goals are arbitrary, it really doesn't matter. But when you say the goal is to exceed a NATIONAL record in basically every weight division north of 105kg bw, that's really not the goal for most lifters. 210kg, 230kg and 250kg bench presses are ****ing rare for a reason.

Double bw at 100kg is nonsense, as shown by our national records in the bench press. How many people do you know bench 200kg (drug free).

What are you talking about?!
I said 1.5x MY bodyweight

is 100kg!! Which I press and other people said they do it in here as well, so why are people still arguing it???

I never said 200kg, ever. Stop misconstruing my posts because you're gonna keep this going and get ppl who are too lazy to read agreeing with your misconceptions. :angry:

Ok 3 posts. Done. :facepalm2:
Original post by Guy123
That's kind of normal. Some teenagers are about 60ish kg.

Hey thank you! I was little worried.
Floyd Mayweather is the greatest boxer alive and only weighs 150, typically. Real men can bench 1.5x their body weight.

And yes. 72.5 kg (as I weigh)

is in fact

more than 70kg :hmmm:

Lmao Goodbye.

Mayweather is not a real man though, the guy beats women and is a midget.
If a normal guy who lifts weights was to stand next to a welterweight boxer in clothes, you'd realise they are small and pretty slim. Yes they're ripped at the weigh-in and look pretty good, but welterweight is very light.
Reply 78
I once benched a polar bear for money.
the 93kg bench press record is only 190kg ish lmao in the GBPF. I'd say they don't **** around. for 105kg it's 207.5 which is below 2xbw.

http://www.gbpf.org.uk/docs/records/GBPFMensUnequipped.pdf

It's a ludicrous standard - 2.5kg above the national record is pretty dam good.

Just never mind.

I know guys 60kg, bench 120kg, thats really not that special. It's really good but, to fathom is even in the same ballpark as a 200kg bench press is retarded.

I mean goals are arbitrary, it really doesn't matter. But when you say the goal is to exceed a NATIONAL record in basically every weight division north of 105kg bw, that's really not the goal for most lifters. 210kg, 230kg and 250kg bench presses are ****ing rare for a reason.

What are you talking about?!
I said 1.5x MY bodyweight

is 100kg!! Which I press and other people said they do it in here as well, so why are people still arguing it???

I never said 200kg, ever. Stop misconstruing my posts because you're gonna keep this going and get ppl who are too lazy to read agreeing with your misconceptions. :angry:

Ok 3 posts. Done. :facepalm2:

Honestly can't tell who is winning this argument. Help me out please TSR lifting experts.

Quick Reply

Latest