The Student Room Group

The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by soalst91
Yes me too! Which office?

london! what about you? and what day are you going?
Original post by neal95
Thanks mate, much appreciated :smile: tbh I was happy at passing the app screening stage as that was where I thought I would struggle with my average grades etc so it has given me confidence and shown that I need to work on the online testing side of things. Good luck to you in (presumably?) pursuing a career in investment banking :smile:

pm me for info on that sstuff, changed to consulting more or less :smile:
Original post by tg123456
I think the grad team at White & Case have a plan- just don't reply to rejected candidates for months, and by the time you send a PFO, they'll be happy just to be put of of their misery!

When did you apply? I know a friend who submitted her app in Jan and she's got her rejection - it might simply mean you are still in the running!
Has anyone recently received a PFO from BLP?
Reply 5984
Original post by alicegeorgiat
Has anyone recently received a PFO from BLP?

I also applied to BLP and did the online test, however I have yet to hear from them.
Do you know anyone who has been invited to an interview or rejected?
Original post by Laurenhilton
Well done ! when did you hear back from Gateley?

Didn't think gateley had their ac yet. Just had a phone interview on thrusday
Original post by NRW
I also applied to BLP and did the online test, however I have yet to hear from them.
Do you know anyone who has been invited to an interview or rejected?

I know of people who have been invited to interview but no rejections, so not looking good :frown:
Reply 5987
Original post by alicegeorgiat
I know of people who have been invited to interview but no rejections, so not looking good :frown:

Ah no... Did you apply to Clyde & Co? Or know anyone who has?
Reply 5988
Original post by Omiclops
After a 4 month wait, I got a Clydes MENA vac scheme phone interview :biggrin: :biggrin: anybody got tips please?

Congratulations :smile:

I also applied for a Clydes MENA vacation scheme and only received an e-mail two weeks ago that they're still reviewing applications. When is your interview? Do you know if the interview spots are filled?
Original post by NRW
Ah no... Did you apply to Clyde & Co? Or know anyone who has?

i applied to the MENA vac scheme and heard back a couple of days ago

Original post by NRW
Congratulations :smile:

I also applied for a Clydes MENA vacation scheme and only received an e-mail two weeks ago that they're still reviewing applications. When is your interview? Do you know if the interview spots are filled?

i had my interview yesterday! no idea about the interview spots - they might still be reviewing applications im not sure!
Original post by neal95
i am not sure if they do, but it seems likely. It just seems that even the top candidates (as evidenced by this thread) receive rejections from places

don't worry - i received rejections from both clydes and trowers at app stage last 2 years and got to the next stage for both this year so i don't think it really matters!
Reply 5991
i applied to the MENA vac scheme and heard back a couple of days ago

i had my interview yesterday! no idea about the interview spots - they might still be reviewing applications im not sure!

I hope the interview went well! Any tips/advice?
Original post by neal95
Unfortunately rejected from HL, HSF and NRF first year schemes, must have failed the WG and VRT! Made it into the final 100 for law extra though :smile: oh well at least it's good practice for the inevitable rejections next year :P I have on more ace up my sleeve which Is a summer internship for 8 weeks which is in a related field to commercial law, should I not manage to get a vac/scheme TC in law then at least I may have the possibility of securing a grad job with that employer, with a view to moving into law later

Really sorry to hear that. Would you mind if I ask when you heard back from HL?
Original post by vacschemestudent
CONGRATS!!! Hard work does pay off! :smile:

Original post by dlaiden
Congrats! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Persistence really does pay off!

Original post by haseenahali
Congrats!! It's all worth it even with one vac scheme, hope it goes well 😀

Thank you, hope it's encouraging to everyone, especially those who may be failing at the final stages (having done 6 interviews + written assessments) !
(edited 8 years ago)
Rejected from DWF post assessment centre :/ so annoying.
Has anyone here done the BLP video interview? If so, how much time do they give you to answer questions?
Original post by NRW
I hope the interview went well! Any tips/advice?

I didnt get asked any competencies! just about the firm. but people have told me they got asked loads so i really dunno there doesnt seem to be consistency
Reply 5997
I didnt get asked any competencies! just about the firm. but people have told me they got asked loads so i really dunno there doesnt seem to be consistency

Thanks for the info :smile: I hope you get good news from them soon
Ashfords VS :biggrin:
Original post by NRW
Thanks for the info :smile: I hope you get good news from them soon

thanks very much best of luck to you too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending