The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by em505
If you don't mind me asking - what are your predicted grades and how long did Exeter take to get back to you? :smile:

A*AB and about 3 weeks :smile:
I have 4/5 offers from Aston, Leeds, Northumbria, and Durham (applied Psychology) :smile:. Feel free to ask me anything if you're wondering about offers from these places.

I've also applied for pure Psychology at Durham but I'm not expecting to hear from them til after the January deadline...
Reply 582
Original post by nicolaroisin
I have 4/5 offers from Aston, Leeds, Northumbria, and Durham (applied Psychology) :smile:. Feel free to ask me anything if you're wondering about offers from these places.

I've also applied for pure Psychology at Durham but I'm not expecting to hear from them til after the January deadline...

Hi, what are your conditions for Aston?
Original post by CKH
Hi, what are your conditions for Aston?

ABB (predicted AAA if that helps at all :smile:)
Anyone else thinking of firming Southampton?
Reply 585
Original post by tryingandfailing
Is anyone else applying for psychology and psychological practice at Birmingham? I still haven't heard back from them and I applied in October..

Same, they emailed saying that they will wait until the deadline in January! Good luck! what are your predicted grades and subjects?
Original post by KCP_
Same, they emailed saying that they will wait until the deadline in January! Good luck! what are your predicted grades and subjects?

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm predicted A*A*AA in English Lit, psychology, maths and biology with A/A* for EPQ and general studies. Where else have you applied?
Reply 587
Original post by tryingandfailing
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm predicted A*A*AA in English Lit, psychology, maths and biology with A/A* for EPQ and general studies. Where else have you applied?

omg that's so good, well done! I've applied to Durham, Exeter, Nottingham and Aston as well, I've got offers from them all just waiting for Birmingham:frown: Will Birm be your firm? and where else have you applied?
[QUOTE=KCP_;61455689]omg that's so good, well done! I've applied to Durham, Exeter, Nottingham and Aston as well, I've got offers from them all just waiting for Birmingham:frown: Will Birm be your firm? and where else have you applied?

Sorry to butt in but I applied for psychology at Birmingham and when I emailed after getting a further consideration email, I was told that because I don't have AAB predicted (was counting on getting an ABB with A in EPQ offer) they would have to wait until after the 15th Jan, so it may be that you have that because you're on the grade boundary?
Reply 589
Original post by jessday1
Sorry to butt in but I applied for psychology at Birmingham and when I emailed after getting a further consideration email, I was told that because I don't have AAB predicted (was counting on getting an ABB with A in EPQ offer) they would have to wait until after the 15th Jan, so it may be that you have that because you're on the grade boundary?

Hey, well i'm predicted A*A*A*, so I think maybe they're not giving offers for the Msci until after the 15th Jan because there's limited spaces
[QUOTE=KCP_;61457793]Hey, well i'm predicted A*A*A*, so I think maybe they're not giving offers for the Msci until after the 15th Jan because there's limited spaces

Oh wow okay yeah ignore me then ahaha
Has anyone heard back from Edinburgh?
Reply 592
Original post by woahjvck
Has anyone heard back from Edinburgh?

My friend got an offer from Edinburgh about a month ago.
How long have people had to wait for Exeter offers? I've been waiting about 7 weeks now and starting to get a bit worried...
Anybody applying for Msc Psychological Studies?? Plz connect.
Original post by m1m2
My friend got an offer from Edinburgh about a month ago.

Are they a Uk student? And is it an Bsc or MA offer if you don't mind me asking?
How long have people had to wait for Exeter offers? I've been waiting about 7 weeks now and starting to get a bit worried...

It took them over a month and a half for them to get back to me if that helps 😊
Don't do it!
[QUOTE=emmapickford;61557713]It took them over a month and a half for them to get back to me if that helps 😊

Yeah that makes me feel a bit better thanks aha, I guess I've got to factor in for the holidays and stuff aswell. What offer did they give you?
Yeah that makes me feel a bit better thanks aha, I guess I've got to factor in for the holidays and stuff aswell. What offer did they give you?

Yeah they won't give any over the Christmas period- they gave me AAA and my predictions are above that x

Quick Reply

Latest