The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by University Of Bath
Hi,

Congratulations on your offer! I'm a second year Psychology student here at Bath, so if you have any questions please feel free to quote me!

Beth

Do you happen to know when the applications for accommodation at Bath for this year open? My friend told me it was 1st April, but I still haven't heard from Bath, so if I do get an offer it might be past that date? So I was wondering how that worked! Or is the application date actually later in the summer?

Thank yoU!
Original post by izzy_hill
You too! :smile: I want all of the Bath applicants to hear back, this wait is killing all of us i can tell! They never got back to me this week :/ so I'm going to wait until the 31st March like they say, and if I don't hear anything by end of April I'm probably going to withdraw my offer and firm Birmingham, can't be dealing with such a long wait! Even my parents and friends are getting impatient/angry for me haha

I'm doing the same!!😂 I love Birminghham it's such a nice campus :smile: yeah my parents keep asking me why it's taking so long asif it's my fault 😂
Anyone going to the University of Glasgow for Msc Psychological studies?? Plz get in touch
Original post by Neha Dabr
Anyone going to the University of Glasgow for Msc Psychological studies?? Plz get in touch

I have an unconditional for Psychology and Neuroscience (joint honours) :smile:
[QUOTE=Kel.Norman;63381381]I have an unconditional for Psychology and Neuroscience (joint honours) :smile:

Congratulations on the offer!😊 Are you an international student? If so, wt accomodation have you applied to?
Aw thanks and you too! :smile: No, I'm not an international student, are you?
[QUOTE=Kel.Norman;63381761]Aw thanks and you too! :smile: No, I'm not an international student, are you?

I am, yes! I'd be living at West village which is apparently 5 mins from the uni. Heard of it? Hoping it isn't a fictional place after all😬 I'm actually freaking out as I haven't been able to find even one student from Glasgow there yet😅
I am, yes! I'd be living at West village which is apparently 5 mins from the uni. Heard of it? Hoping it isn't a fictional place after all😬 I'm actually freaking out as I haven't been able to find even one student from Glasgow there yet😅

I've heard of it! It sounds like a really nice place :smile: Where are you coming from? Haha I haven't found anyone else from Glasgow yet either! Are you going to the applicant day?
[QUOTE=Kel.Norman;63382651]I've heard of it! It sounds like a really nice place :smile: Where are you coming from? Haha I haven't found anyone else from Glasgow yet either! Are you going to the applicant day?

Ah such a relief, atleast someone knows of the place! I'm from Bombay, India. Nope, won't be able to, I move to Glasgow only by september 5th. Do you intend on going? Lemme know of your experience😊
Ah such a relief, atleast someone knows of the place! I'm from Bombay, India. Nope, won't be able to, I move to Glasgow only by september 5th. Do you intend on going? Lemme know of your experience😊

Wow Bombay! It will be really different coming to Glasgow! Are you excited? I just booked my place at the applicant day. I'll tell you all about it afterwords :smile: Do you have any questions you want me to ask for you? :smile:
Original post by amylouise5
I'm doing the same!!😂 I love Birminghham it's such a nice campus :smile: yeah my parents keep asking me why it's taking so long asif it's my fault 😂

omg that's crazy we're in the exact same situation haha! yeah i feel like Birmingham offers just as good a course and opportunities as Bath, and their campus is equally as nice. The main reason I prefer Bath is the city itself because i've always loved it there! But I'll be happy firming either one in the end :smile: let's just hope our suffering ends soon, i've never been this impatient before
Original post by izzy_hill
Do you happen to know when the applications for accommodation at Bath for this year open? My friend told me it was 1st April, but I still haven't heard from Bath, so if I do get an offer it might be past that date? So I was wondering how that worked! Or is the application date actually later in the summer?

Thank yoU!

Hi Izzy,

As you can see on our website, applications for accommodation open on 12th April this year. Sorry to hear that you haven't received a decision yet - I know it can be an agonizing wait! As Psychology is a competitive course, it may be taking some time for applications to be processed and decisions to be made. However, as you can see here, you should receive a decision by the end of March, before applications for accommodation open. You can then apply for accommodation once you have confirmed Bath as your firm choice.

If you have any other questions please feel free to quote me!

Beth
[QUOTE=Kel.Norman;63384879]Wow Bombay! It will be really different coming to Glasgow! Are you excited? I just booked my place at the applicant day. I'll tell you all about it afterwords :smile: Do you have any questions you want me to ask for you? :smile:

Pretty excited indeed, I'm anticipating good different😅 I've been in constant touch with the course coordinator and also the Asia Pacific recruitment officer, so no questions as such. But do tell me how you feel about the place after interracting with the faculty and students. And if possible, do peek over and catch a glimpse of West village..I just have to know it really stands where it says it does😋
Pretty excited indeed, I'm anticipating good different😅 I've been in constant touch with the course coordinator and also the Asia Pacific recruitment officer, so no questions as such. But do tell me how you feel about the place after interracting with the faculty and students. And if possible, do peek over and catch a glimpse of West village..I just have to know it really stands where it says it does😋

I think I'm really excited too and I think you will really like it here. It's really good that you've gotten a lot of information. Sure thing, I'll tell you all about it after I've been and I'll check out West Village for you :smile:
I feel like I've posted on here before a while ago, but is anyone planning to go to Manchester? :smile:
Still waiting on hearing back from Stirling.

Got rejected from Dundee today which I'm pretty disappointed about. Dundee was my first choice and I really wanted to go there :frown:

Still got conditionals for Abertay, Heriot-Watt and Queen Margaret though.

If I get rejected from Stirling then I don't really know what to do because Dundee and Stirling are the universities I've always wanted to go to. I've also worked so hard this year to get better higher results as I got BBBC last year and I'm predicted AAAB this year. It would feel pretty disappointing to have them results not get me where I want them to.
[QUOTE=Kel.Norman;63404347]I think I'm really excited too and I think you will really like it here. It's really good that you've gotten a lot of information. Sure thing, I'll tell you all about it after I've been and I'll check out West Village for you :smile:

That would be of immense help. Thankyou so much..hope to hear from you soon😊
Reply 797
I'm stuck deciding whether to firm Exeter or Nottingham! I adore Exeter, it's the first uni I visited and I fell in love with it completely, however, on the applicant day Nottingham took me by complete surprise! I really liked it there. I think I will end up firming Exeter, although Nottingham is lovely the course at Exeter is slightly more suited to my preferences and I do adore the uni itself..ahhh it's just such a difficult/scary decision! :frown:
Original post by ashleymacleod
Still waiting on hearing back from Stirling.

Got rejected from Dundee today which I'm pretty disappointed about. Dundee was my first choice and I really wanted to go there :frown:

Still got conditionals for Abertay, Heriot-Watt and Queen Margaret though.

If I get rejected from Stirling then I don't really know what to do because Dundee and Stirling are the universities I've always wanted to go to. I've also worked so hard this year to get better higher results as I got BBBC last year and I'm predicted AAAB this year. It would feel pretty disappointing to have them results not get me where I want them to.

You could try asking for feedback to find out why you were rejected. Alternatively you could takea gap year and reapply next year if you dont get into Stirling
Original post by *Interrobang*
You could try asking for feedback to find out why you were rejected. Alternatively you could takea gap year and reapply next year if you dont get into Stirling

On UCAS it said that 'Your application was given serious consideration by the selectors. However, stronger candidates applied.' which I totally understand.

Yeah, I'll think about taking a gap year if things don't go to plan.

Quick Reply

Latest