The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

are we allowed to argue our own opinions in psychology essays at uni or is it very much objective?
Original post by scrawlx101
are we allowed to argue our own opinions in psychology essays at uni or is it very much objective?

Hi, I'm currently a first year psychology student at bristol uni. I would say that you are allowed to argue your own opinions as long as you have evidence to back yourself up and provide reasons and evidence on why arguments opposing your opinions is flawed. My lecturers say that you write essays as if you are a lawyer in court. Its better to take a stance rather than to 'sit on a fence'.
Hello! Anyone doing Psychology at Queen Margaret Edinburgh? Would you mind sharing your opinions etc on Psychology in at this Uni?
And also what about Napier and Heriot-Watt? :smile:
I'm an Italian student, I've received an offer from QM and I'm waiting for HW and Napier to reply.
Thanks! :smile:
Just received an offer from Exeter! 4/5 waiting for Bath to get back to me now 🙄☺️
Original post by Elliemay903
Just received an offer from Exeter! 4/5 waiting for Bath to get back to me now 🙄☺️

Well done on your offer! is this for the bsc psychology course or the msci clinical psychology course?
Original post by aj-kelsey
Well done on your offer! is this for the bsc psychology course or the msci clinical psychology course?

Thank you! It was the Bsc psychology, they offered me AA and a A in Welsh bac☺️
Reply 806
Got my final offer from Edinburgh! I think I'm going to firm Durham though.
Anyone else hear back from Bath last week? I got rejected, which I was expecting tbh :/ they offered me a place on another course but I said no. So I've withdrawn the application on Track (I'm impatient as hell) and firmed Birmingham!! so excited to know where i'm going now:smile:
Original post by izzy_hill
Anyone else hear back from Bath last week? I got rejected, which I was expecting tbh :/ they offered me a place on another course but I said no. So I've withdrawn the application on Track (I'm impatient as hell) and firmed Birmingham!! so excited to know where i'm going now:smile:

Sorry to hear that! I still haven't heard anything from Bath 😳 So I might be joining you at Birmingham :smile: to be fair I absolutely love Birmingham so I am tempted to withdraw my application from Bath as they are taking so long 😂
Seems like everyone is waiting on bath... Have 4/5 offers, I just want to know if I've gotten into bath or not 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool! I have firmed Birmingham as well!! Come and join the thread I've made :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3942805&p=63556039#post63556039
Original post by amylouise5
Sorry to hear that! I still haven't heard anything from Bath 😳 So I might be joining you at Birmingham :smile: to be fair I absolutely love Birmingham so I am tempted to withdraw my application from Bath as they are taking so long 😂

It's ok! I wasn't even upset when I got the email haha I was just relieved to finally hear something from them😂 if I didn't have Birmingham I'd be a lot sadder I guess. Omg I hope you still get an offer, if not yes join me at Birmingham! If their taking too long is annoying you then you could always withdraw yeah☺️
(edited 8 years ago)

What other course did they offer you a place on?
What other course did they offer you a place on?

They offered me a plac on the Education with Psychology course, and I think it included a placement year. But education isn't my focus for my intended career path, and they made the point that it isn't BPS-accredited, which is basically useless to me haha, so I was quick to say no!
Reply 814
They offered me a plac on the Education with Psychology course, and I think it included a placement year. But education isn't my focus for my intended career path, and they made the point that it isn't BPS-accredited, which is basically useless to me haha, so I was quick to say no!

It's weird to offer a course like that which isn't BPS accredited especially as you applied to one that is plus the fact if you had wanted to apply for Education with Psychology, you would have done in the first place! :s-smilie:

Glad you are ok about it and pleased you are happy with Birmingham - I think a lot of people will be doing the same. It is unbelievably painful waiting to hear back from Bath especially as other unis have made offers.

I wonder if they are sticking to predictions to make offers or whether the PS has much of an impact. Were you predicted their standard offer grades?

At least you can now focus on revision and looking forward to studying psychology at a fab uni. :smile:
Got rejected from Stirling today which was my first choice after I got rejected from Dundee.The reason was 'Admission to this course was very competitive. Your application was considered against all others received for this course. Unfortunately your application was not competitive enough to receive an offer.'

I don't really know what to do now because Stirling and Dundee were both my first choices and the ones I got rejected from.

I've got offers from Abertay which I'm not sure about, Heriot-Watt which the conditions are too high and Queen Margaret which looks like my only option, but I really don't want to stay in Edinburgh and I'm predicted AAAB this year, so I don't want all that work to go to waste.

I really don't know what to do now :/
Anybody get any more offers from Bath? I'm still waiting... -.-
Original post by Sofiatrain
Anybody get any more offers from Bath? I'm still waiting... -.-

I'm still waiting too😩 They emailed me a while back saying they'd get back to everyone by the ucas deadline but I'm not sure if that still stands? If it does then we should hopefully hear back by the end of the week!
I'm still waiting too😩 They emailed me a while back saying they'd get back to everyone by the ucas deadline but I'm not sure if that still stands? If it does then we should hopefully hear back by the end of the week!

Still waiting 😂 Knowing my luck I'll find out tomorrow !( the same day as my driving test 😳🙈) if so it will be the best day ever or worst day 😂 Hopefully we will all hear back soon :smile:
Original post by amylouise5
Still waiting 😂 Knowing my luck I'll find out tomorrow !( the same day as my driving test 😳🙈) if so it will be the best day ever or worst day 😂 Hopefully we will all hear back soon :smile:

Aw :biggrin: Good luck for both driving test and hopefully receiving an offer!

Quick Reply

Latest