The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elliemay903
I'm still waiting too😩 They emailed me a while back saying they'd get back to everyone by the ucas deadline but I'm not sure if that still stands? If it does then we should hopefully hear back by the end of the week!

Oh yeah! Got that email some time ago...Where else have you applied to/got in?
Original post by jaseho98
Hello guys! Seeing that there is a thread for 2015, guessing it's time for a new thread for 2016 entries!

Let's discuss university choices and courses:~) X

Hey there! I'm also applying for Psychology hopefully at:

Bath: MSci Psychology with Placement
Bristol: MSci Psychology with Innovation
Birmingham: MSci Psychology and Psychological Practice
Durham: BSc Psychology with Anthropology
Exeter: BSc Psychology with Anthropology and Study Abroad (Unsure)
Maybe UCL or Cambridge (if I can be bothered with the effort) instead of Exeter, but I would rather not stay in London or prepare for those killer interviews/written entry exams.

Good luck to everyone applying! :borat:
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
I feel like I've posted on here before a while ago, but is anyone planning to go to Manchester? :smile:

I am :h:
Original post by louiserenee9096
I am :h:

Awesome :biggrin: What accommodation have you applied for? :h:
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
Awesome :biggrin: What accommodation have you applied for? :h:

Sheavyn House, Richmond Park and Oaks house. Really hoping I get either my 1st or 2nd chocie. You?
Sheavyn House, Richmond Park and Oaks house. Really hoping I get either my 1st or 2nd chocie. You?

Victoria Hall, Denmark Road and Opal Gardens :smile: I'm hoping to get one of my first two but they're high demand so I'm not sure I'll get in
Same, my 3rd choice is shared bathrooms too :s-smilie: So I'm crossing my fingers. I need to brush up on my cooking skills too since I can't cook at all and I picked self-catered halls.
Original post by Sofiatrain
Oh yeah! Got that email some time ago...Where else have you applied to/got in?

I've got offers from Exeter, Surrey, York and Warwick so it's literally just bath I'm waiting for😩🙄 how about you?
Original post by Elliemay903
I've got offers from Exeter, Surrey, York and Warwick so it's literally just bath I'm waiting for😩🙄 how about you?

Offers from Durham, Exeter, Loughborough, Birmingham...Just Bath haven't replied :/...

What will u firm and insure?
Offers from Durham, Exeter, Loughborough, Birmingham...Just Bath haven't replied :/...

What will u firm and insure?

I'm not sure it all depends on bath really! At the minute id firm Surrey then insure either Exeter or Warwick. Congrats on yours, what is your favourite?
Same, my 3rd choice is shared bathrooms too :s-smilie: So I'm crossing my fingers. I need to brush up on my cooking skills too since I can't cook at all and I picked self-catered halls.

My mum's convinced I'll live on pasta :colondollar: I'll probably spend summer teaching myself easy to make meals
Exeter hands down! You prefer Surrey over Exeter?? I've been to both Durham and Exeter..will Exeter and have Durham as my insurance..depends on what bath says also, I would firm them for sure
Exeter hands down! You prefer Surrey over Exeter?? I've been to both Durham and Exeter..will Exeter and have Durham as my insurance..depends on what bath says also, I would firm them for sure

Surrey and bath are the only two with placements that's why I prefer them because of the hands on experience🤔 Exeter offered me AA and Welsh bac which is tempting since the rest are AAA, how come you're not firming Durham?
Ah that's great! Tbh I went to both Durham and Exeter for post offer days... But I just got a completely different feel for Exeter... Plus the course is very experimental at Durham :/ which isn't my fav aspect
Anybody living/ opting to live at West village, Glasgow?? Please get in touch😊
Reply 835
Original post by ashleymacleod
Got rejected from Stirling today which was my first choice after I got rejected from Dundee.The reason was 'Admission to this course was very competitive. Your application was considered against all others received for this course. Unfortunately your application was not competitive enough to receive an offer.'

I don't really know what to do now because Stirling and Dundee were both my first choices and the ones I got rejected from.

I've got offers from Abertay which I'm not sure about, Heriot-Watt which the conditions are too high and Queen Margaret which looks like my only option, but I really don't want to stay in Edinburgh and I'm predicted AAAB this year, so I don't want all that work to go to waste.

I really don't know what to do now :/

I'm sorry to hear about this. What are the conditions for Heriot-Watt? Surely they can't be higher than what you are predicted? You could firm that and insure Queen Margaret. Or, you could work very hard in your exams, and then go through adjustment and apply to unis outside of Edinburgh.
Original post by rvas
I'm sorry to hear about this. What are the conditions for Heriot-Watt? Surely they can't be higher than what you are predicted? You could firm that and insure Queen Margaret. Or, you could work very hard in your exams, and then go through adjustment and apply to unis outside of Edinburgh.

My conditions for Heriot-Watt are AAAA when I'm predicted AAAB this year and on my UCAS application it was put as AABB, because it was before prelims. I could possibly get those results and I have been thinking about it.

Yeah, I have been thinking about adjustment or I might just take a gap year.
Got an offer from Bath for 5years undergrad masters with placement 😳 I am genuinely speechless.... I'm only predicted AAA....wow...hope everyone has heard good news from Bath :smile: and good luck if you haven't heard anything yet
Just firmed my conditional offer for Queen Margaret University. I only need a C to get in on top of my highers from last year. I went to the applicant day today and has a really nice community and friendly atmosphere. There's usually around 40 people in the course compared to other uni's which has hundreds, so it feels pretty supportive.

When it comes to results I may try adjustment, but I feel like I'm pretty unlikely to get a place since the courses will probably be full. I'm still trying to get good results this year and I'm on track to AAAB, so I might even take a gap year :0
Reply 839
Original post by Adam & Molly @ UCLan
Hi I'm a current student at UCLan who has just finished their 3rd year studying Psychology and we offer a fantastic Psychology degree which you can find at:

http://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/bsc_hons_psychology.php

We also have great facilities and our lecturers are also really great and I have really enjoyed my past 3 years at UCLan, and couldn't recommend it more. If you have any questions about the course we offer feel free to contact the admissions team on: [email protected]

So what are you planning to do with your psychology degree as it seems there is not many job prospects with just an undergraduate degree?

Quick Reply

Latest