The Student Room Group

Job at Hollister

Hi everyone, I am searching for a job at the moment so I have some extra money for uni and applied for hollister on their online application form however I have been told that I need a password to apply however they did not ask me for one, have they changed their application process. After I received an email saying that my interview is on the 17th of this month. Have I done everything correct because it seemed too easy to get an interview. Also are there any people applying to hollister or people working there at the moment and could you give me some tips. I am 18 and this is my first interview. I work as a model at the moment so hopefully I have the "hollister look". I am not a very loud person and the main reason I am trying to get a job is to gain some confidence, do you think this will go against me? Thank you for all your answers
Reply 1
Original post by ckitrom18
Hi everyone, I am searching for a job at the moment so I have some extra money for uni and applied for hollister on their online application form however I have been told that I need a password to apply however they did not ask me for one, have they changed their application process. After I received an email saying that my interview is on the 17th of this month. Have I done everything correct because it seemed too easy to get an interview. Also are there any people applying to hollister or people working there at the moment and could you give me some tips. I am 18 and this is my first interview. I work as a model at the moment so hopefully I have the "hollister look". I am not a very loud person and the main reason I am trying to get a job is to gain some confidence, do you think this will go against me? Thank you for all your answers

Hi, I recently applied too. How did your interview go? Do you have any advice? Did you get the job?
Reply 2
Original post by Cyndi24
Hi, I recently applied too. How did your interview go? Do you have any advice? Did you get the job?

Hi, yeah I got the job and have had a few shifts and must say that the job is quite fun however it's not as laid back as people make it out. If you haven't had your interview yet I would say try and be as outgoing as possible and also make sure you talk to others that are going for the interview. I would also say to try and look tour vert best because the job is very looks based and a large proportion of the wool I am working with are models! Good luck and hope you get the job x
Reply 3
Thank you very much. I'll definitely try and do my best to be outgoing. Look-wise I was approached by a manager and I modelled for 3 years so hopefully I would fit. Thanks xo
Reply 4
Original post by Cyndi24
Thank you very much. I'll definitely try and do my best to be outgoing. Look-wise I was approached by a manager and I modelled for 3 years so hopefully I would fit. Thanks xo

Heyy, if you have already had your interview how did it go? Did you get the job? X
Reply 5
Hi :smile: It went really well! It was laid-back and the manager was polite and friendly. She called me one hour after telling me that I got the job. Next week I'll have my orientation day ( don't know what to expect lol). What about you? Have you had more shifts?
Reply 6
Original post by Cyndi24
Hi :smile: It went really well! It was laid-back and the manager was polite and friendly. She called me one hour after telling me that I got the job. Next week I'll have my orientation day ( don't know what to expect lol). What about you? Have you had more shifts?

They must have really liked you to call you back so soon! I get quite a lot of shifts contrary to what most people say about the lack of shifts, the harder you work the more shifts you get. During my orientation day they didn't teach me anything, in fact the manager signed most of the worker declaration for me haha. Where in the UK is your hollister store? Mine is in Manchester x Hope you enjoy working there! X
Reply 7
Oh glad to hear that! Thanks x. Mine is in Birmingham :smile: do you go to college or uni?
Reply 8
Original post by Cyndi24
Oh glad to hear that! Thanks x. Mine is in Birmingham :smile: do you go to college or uni?

I am going to uni next year but have decided to take a gap year to earn a bit of money before hand. Are you going to uni or college? X
Reply 9
I'm going to college because I just moved here from Italy and the school-system there it's different, so even if I'm almost 18 I have to start again.
hey, I'm starting college soon and i want to apply for hollister but first i wanted to know what the hours are like because i heard that it was a zero hour contract but can you tell them the hours you are able to work?
Original post by alohalily
hey, I'm starting college soon and i want to apply for hollister but first i wanted to know what the hours are like because i heard that it was a zero hour contract but can you tell them the hours you are able to work?

Hey I had my interview yesterday, and was just called with the job offer. In the interview they told us about how you sort out your availability.

basically, theres an online portal where you can adjust the times your able to work. This must be done 2 weeks in advance to the time, but i think it pretty good as it makes it flexible,

but yes, the 0 hour contract means you may not always get shifts, but were I just started they have a Facebook group were you can easily pick up shifts people need covering!
Original post by beckieyh
Hey I had my interview yesterday, and was just called with the job offer. In the interview they told us about how you sort out your availability.

basically, theres an online portal where you can adjust the times your able to work. This must be done 2 weeks in advance to the time, but i think it pretty good as it makes it flexible,

but yes, the 0 hour contract means you may not always get shifts, but were I just started they have a Facebook group were you can easily pick up shifts people need covering!

ah thats cool, thank you so much - ill apply once i get my timetable :smile:
Reply 13
hey do you still work at hollister? I recently got a job at a&f but I'm waiting to be contacted for my induction i went to give in my passport and national insurance no. but idk why they're taking so long...maybe cuz its a busy time of year rn?
Original post by 150166
hey do you still work at hollister? I recently got a job at a&f but I'm waiting to be contacted for my induction i went to give in my passport and national insurance no. but idk why they're taking so long...maybe cuz its a busy time of year rn?

Hey I work at Hollister !! I had my interveiw early September and didn't have my first shift until October first so I think in general that are a bit slow, and considering the rush for xmas staff is over they'll prob take their time.
I wasn't asked To come in for my induction when I was told I got the job, but there's no harm in you phoning the store just to see if they can tell you more info!!
Reply 15
Original post by beckieyh
Hey I work at Hollister !! I had my interveiw early September and didn't have my first shift until October first so I think in general that are a bit slow, and considering the rush for xmas staff is over they'll prob take their time.
I wasn't asked To come in for my induction when I was told I got the job, but there's no harm in you phoning the store just to see if they can tell you more info!!

ohhhhhhhh okay thanks! When I went in to give my national insurance no. and passport a day after i got the job the guy was like how they'd email me about training but he explained really briefly about like the uniform and discount. Yeah true, I guess with the time of year prob really busy with boxing day, xmas and bank holiday, nobody really wants to train ppl during hectic times... cuz i had my interview on december 6th and then a week later i got the job so i guess its waiting game now lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending