The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
How badly? I failed two of them, came back in Sept, resat, and got on with life.
Reply 181
citizen.erased
just out of interest if you failed 2nd year exams really baddly would they let you degrade or like...? anyone know?

Ahhhhh! 3 days till exams!
Not good.
And hopefully everyone will do okay... Even if second year is currently killing me. :frown:
Reply 182
if you failed and then degraded? Not sure. I know someone who degraded just before exams last year and is now resitting them.

Why, why, why must we do pharmacology? It's not pretty, it's not fun, and maths makes my head hurt. :mad:
Reply 183
Pharmacology's okay (though I may yet regret saying this)... but I could happily do without Repro or Options though!

I mean, you study Pathology, Pharmacology and Neuro... and then you think... yay! I'm done! Until you realise that there's still Repro and Options left. Yikes.
Reply 184
mm...and the repro MCQs are nasty too. I can manage the ethics/demog stuff, but the rest...and there aren't enough answer papers anywhere.

Plus, I just discovered that our library is missing the path 2004 MCQ paper, and that's not on the internet anywhere either. Gah, I think they want me to fail (or at least freak out about failing)!
Reply 185
afoneleri
mm...and the repro MCQs are nasty too. I can manage the ethics/demog stuff, but the rest...and there aren't enough answer papers anywhere.

Plus, I just discovered that our library is missing the path 2004 MCQ paper, and that's not on the internet anywhere either. Gah, I think they want me to fail (or at least freak out about failing)!

I'm unusual in that I actually quite like the HR MCQ's, they seem comparatively easy.... (comparatively is an important word there). I don't like the negative marking, it destroys my confidence and means I don't answer questions I should answer.

(Then again you do revise HR and realise oh wait, there's Endocrinology and Ethics and Demog all tagged on)

@n1r4v - er, let me think... I made a couple of gigantic pdfs of the notes - the neuro one for first term is 145 pages, pharmacology is approximately 150 (slightly less), pathology is not on the internet but is a good size.
afoneleri
QUOTE]

Laura they repeat the same questions over and over for HR :smile: Although I've been told that the GMC investigated the HR exam after last year cos the mcqs were 'too ambiguous' so maybe this year's paper won't be 2/3 repeated questions :frown:

HOM also got busted for giving us the paper 2 that they gave us last year lol.

shame they haven't noticed that MODA's crazy (potentially damaging to our health), and that neuro is *******s.
oh bloody quote thing....
Reply 188
HR last year was pretty weird, but the GMC investigation is news to me!

In my year, HOM2 was actually really straightforward (but one of the questions had a glaring error). I was really shocked to hear about how hard it was last year. :frown:
Reply 189
I CAN'T do ethics/demographics for Repro. Hormones are marginally better, though I think I'm going to have to depend on how much I can cram in the night before (i.e. next Monday)! Oddly I actually like Path/Pharm MCQs better than Repro MCQs, but I suspect that's to do with the fact that I don't actually know enough Repro to do the Repro MCQs...

Yes I heard from the first years about our HOM2 paper last year and feedback about it... it was such a ridiculously bad (i.e. hard) paper, and I completely didn't expect it to be that difficult!

As for thickness of notes... Er fairly thick? I have 3 huge files for Path/Pharm/Neuro, and 2 thin files for Repro/Options. Although those contain all my supervision work, lab stuff (which is ridiculously thick for Path), etc as well, so not all of it is lecture notes...

afoneleri: Path 2004 MCQs don't seem to be available anywhere, as far as I know...
Does anyone have mark schemes for the path MCQ past papers that they would be willing to share? We were given some but apparently a lot of the answers are wrong.....

MODA MCQs are defo harder than path IMO. I can spend ages revising a topic then they ask some obscure question that I have never even seen mentioned....:frown:
Reply 191
fairy princess
Does anyone have mark schemes for the path MCQ past papers that they would be willing to share? We were given some but apparently a lot of the answers are wrong.....

MODA MCQs are defo harder than path IMO. I can spend ages revising a topic then they ask some obscure question that I have never even seen mentioned....:frown:

I have markschemes but unfortunately they don't seem to match the past papers!

In MoDA there are only 25 questions compared to 55-60 for BoD so I guess it's not surprising they're a bit more obscure. They do tend to be more ambiguously worded too...
Reply 192
MODA's horrid.

There are BOD answers for 2003-2005 on the Fitz medsoc website. Don't know how accurate they are though.
thanks I'll have a look and try to cram in a bit more before tomorrow......Sat exams should be banned.
Reply 194
What do you guys have tomorrow?
Reply 195
We have BOD tomorrow!

Saturday exam = evil.
2 Saturday exams sandwiching a week of weekday exams = wayy beyond evil.
Oh well.

Yes, MODA questions are evil. And agonising. BOD is thankfully a bit more doable, must admit I freaked out a little at first when I realised there're 55 questions/paper but at least some of the questions literally take 5 seconds to do (though others take longer while i try to figure out what's going on!!)
MODA and neuro are big blacks holes to me right now....Bod slightly less so...but only slightly, it's more of a greyish hole....
Reply 197
BOD I'm ok with...I know I can pass, even if I don't do well. MODA terrifies me. And gives me the very strong feeling that I might be seeing Cambridge in September...
Reply 198
Good luck second years!!!

Argh...don't want to go...
Reply 199
Yup good luck too!
And yes, sigh, I REALLY don't want to start exams!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending