The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TLi1295
Yeah I think that's what I'll do. I'm seeing my GP on Tuesday and hopefully she'll fill it in then and I can't see what else we could do about the 2nd and 3rd doses so I'll probably leave them blank or maybe write a little note saying I'll be getting them soon :tongue:

I think I'll do the same. Don't forget to bring your red vaccinations book! :smile: I can't believe I've left it so late, as I've got about 2/3 more vaccines to schedule :/

Original post by ThatFrog
You two are lucky, my GP refused to give me the vaccinations, they said I'll have to get them done at uni :frown:

At least yours will be free? :tongue: I'm paying about £200 for the Hep B/BCG/varicella vaccines :frown:
Reply 1781
Original post by StaedtlerNoris
I think I'll do the same. Don't forget to bring your red vaccinations book! :smile: I can't believe I've left it so late, as I've got about 2/3 more vaccines to schedule :/

At least yours will be free? :tongue: I'm paying about £200 for the Hep B/BCG/varicella vaccines :frown:

Haha oh yeah thanks for the reminder! I think I'm good with my vaccines...I had the first dose Hep B yesterday, but I agree it's a tight deadline! I think I'm paying £75 for the Hepatitis B
Reply 1782
Original post by VaVe
That's not really uncommon I was in the same position. I managed to get all my Hep B vaccines and a BCG jab from occupational health once I started. You'll probably have your first appointment within the first couple of weeks.

Cool, thanks :biggrin:

I'm not expecting it to be free at uni either!

Original post by TLi1295
Really? Awh poor you! They wouldn't give it to you even if you paid for it yourself?

They had organised everything and told me I had to pay, but then last minute they said no, not too sure why but they're weird :smile:
Reply 1783
Cool, thanks :biggrin:

They had organised everything and told me I had to pay, but then last minute they said no, not too sure why but they're weird :smile:

That's so strange! Btw which college are you? :smile:
Reply 1784
Original post by TLi1295
That's so strange! Btw which college are you? :smile:

Yep but what can you do?! Trinity :smile: and yourself?
Reply 1785
Yep but what can you do?! Trinity :smile: and yourself?

Ah wow! Downing :smile:
Reply 1786

Occupational health do them for free. Or at least having had around ten needles stabbed into my arms for blood tests/vaccines I haven't been charged yet and am not expecting to be. :ninja:
Reply 1787
Original post by TLi1295
Ah wow! Downing :smile:

I became a firm believer that it's easier to get into Trinity after receiving an offer :P

Original post by VaVe
Occupational health do them for free. Or at least having had around ten needles stabbed into my arms for blood tests/vaccines I haven't been charged yet and am not expecting to be. :ninja:

Gonna get stabbed for free WOO! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1788
I became a firm believer that it's easier to get into Trinity after receiving an offer :P

Gonna get stabbed for free WOO! :biggrin:

Haha xD awh not at all I'm sure you absolutely deserve that place! It's tough! Congrats! :biggrin:
Reply 1789
Original post by TLi1295
Haha xD awh not at all I'm sure you absolutely deserve that place! It's tough! Congrats! :biggrin:

Thank you! :smile: and to you!
Reply 1790
Thank you! :smile: and to you!

Lol thanks! :smile:
Original post by TLi1295
Haha oh yeah thanks for the reminder! I think I'm good with my vaccines...I had the first dose Hep B yesterday, but I agree it's a tight deadline! I think I'm paying £75 for the Hepatitis B

At least you're more organised than me :tongue: I'm paying £60 for the whole course which isn't too bad :smile: I was warned by a few friends that the BCG isn't 'a normal vaccine', so I guess I've got that to look forward to in the next few weeks! :redface:
Original post by RisingAngel-007
Hi, this is mainly for all successful Cambridge medics. What did you do for A level and what grades did you obtain?

Also will these a levels suffice:
1) Chemistry
2) Biology
3) Physics
4) Maths
5) Further Maths

I plan to drop F.Maths at AS.

Thanks! :smile:

Hey I got an offer from Christ's college to start in 2013 :biggrin:

At AS I did bio, chem, maths & physics and carried all on to A2 with an average of just over 95% :smile:

Feel free to ask any other questions :biggrin:
Original post by TLi1295
Hi have any offer holders managed to complete their health assessment form yet? My GP is taking ages to fill in their page and I keep having to go back and forth because they want me to book appointments with the nurse, then go see the doctor again etc. :s-smilie:

I am having this problem also. Don't think it is anything massive to worry about though? Which college are you? :smile:
I've managed to sort my health questionnaire out and send it, but haven't heard back - might e-mail to check they received it!
Reply 1795
At least you're more organised than me :tongue: I'm paying £60 for the whole course which isn't too bad :smile: I was warned by a few friends that the BCG isn't 'a normal vaccine', so I guess I've got that to look forward to in the next few weeks! :redface:

Ahh I see good luck with that! I suppose I will end up getting the BCG some time too, so fun times(!) :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1796
Original post by 2013medicyeahhhh
I am having this problem also. Don't think it is anything massive to worry about though? Which college are you? :smile:

*Rolls eyes* to think we're hopefully going into this profession :wink: haha

Yeah I'm getting there, I'm hoping I'll be able to get it done in time :smile: Downing - how about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I am in year12, and i am looking into doing the BMAT this year.
I do biology chemistry maths and geography.
Do i require A-level physics knowledge to be able to get a good bmat score for section b?
Like will i be at a disadvantage because i dont do physics?
Original post by TLi1295
*Rolls eyes* to think we're hopefully going into this profession :wink: haha

Yeah I'm getting there, I'm hoping I'll be able to get it done in time :smile: Downing - how about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha totally! But my medical centre is being SO ANNOYING.

And Christ's for me -we are like neighbours but one hahaha :wink: :smile:
Original post by Hoomansamivand
Hi, I am in year12, and i am looking into doing the BMAT this year.
I do biology chemistry maths and geography.
Do i require A-level physics knowledge to be able to get a good bmat score for section b?
Like will i be at a disadvantage because i dont do physics?

Okay so basically what I found for section B is that the more 'science common sense' you have the better. If you get what I Mean? Like not necessarily directly knowing the answer but being able to use what you do know to make a decent educated guess. I bought like 3 revision guides as well (all from amazon) and they give you a pretty good overview of what to expect - then for certain topics (eg circuits) I was able to go over with my teachers :smile: However it is a science test - so obviously the more science you know the better, so doing all 3 sciences and maths does put people at a very slight advantage as their idea of 'GCSE science' is slightly warped :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending