The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

fee information

hi everybody, this is my first post and so i describe myself for a moment:
i'm an italian boy and i am graduating in economy. my dream is to attend a postgraduate university in london and after some searches i have found Open University. it would be perfect for my conditions, because i'd like to work in london and so i'd study part time.
But there is a problem: i have discovered that there isn't any financial support for the postgraduate course. it 's a big problem for my finance, because i can't pay these high feed.
So i ask you if there are some financial support or a fund or some that help you.thanks a lot stefano from rome

ps sorry for my english
Hi Stefano

I'm afraid I don't know what help with funding might be available to you at a UK university for part-time postgraduate study: I think the best idea is for you to contact the OU (and any other universities you are thinking of applying to) and ask their postgrad admissions office for some guidance. You can certainly study at PG level part-time in most UK universities I believe, although if you are studying part-time I should think you will have to pay your own fees, whereas if you go for a full-time option you may get a funded studentship.

Good luck :smile:
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
ok thanks for the answer...but if i work in london for a simple job (waiter for example), i don't think that i have sufficient money to pay university fee ( full o part time study), so i'm trying to find some grant for this... i have just contacted open university that told me there isn't financial support for the postgraduate course.so i ask you if you know something about grant or support or other...thanks a lot sorry for my english bye stefano
Would you consider studying full-time Stefano? That way you wouldn't have to do a rubbish job and you could possibly get a studentship which would cover your fees and living expenses. Take a look at this website for info on PG funding in the UK for international students:

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cms/ShowPage/Home_page/Funding_my_further_study/Funding_for_international_students/p!eaLdigf
Reply 4
thanks a lot for the site....i'll study this possibility and i'll let you know...sorry for my english thanks a lot stefano
Your English is a LOT better than my Italian :redface:

Latest