The Student Room Group

Turn down unconditional offers?

I have an unconditional offer for my insurance choice. Assuming I didn't get my firm choice (conditional offer), would I be able to turn down my unconditional offer?
Original post by TRS much?
I have an unconditional offer for my insurance choice. Assuming I didn't get my firm choice (conditional offer), would I be able to turn down my unconditional offer?

No you can't "turn down" an offer.

You can either - withdraw from UCAS altogether for 2015 entry OR ask your insurance university to place you into Clearing.

Asking after results come out can take a long time (at least in clearing time - average time to get a clearing number on track is 24-48 hours). If you don't want to go to your insurance then contact them NOW and explain that even if your firm reject you you have no plan to take up a place with them. Ask them NOW if they can arrange for you to go straight into Clearing if your firm reject you.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You can either - withdraw from UCAS altogether for 2015 entry OR ask your insurance university to place you into Clearing.

OK. One question; If I ask to withdraw from UCAS for 2015 entry, does that mean my unconditional offer is completely lost, or just postponed a year?
(edited 8 years ago)
OK. One question; If I ask to withdraw from UCAS for 2015 entry, does that mean my unconditional offer is completely lost, or just postponed a year?

Completely lost.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Completely lost.

If I withdrew from UCAS what would happen to my student loans I've applied for? Are there any deadlines for this? Thanks for help!
If I withdrew from UCAS what would happen to my student loans I've applied for? Are there any deadlines for this? Thanks for help!

Nothing would happen. Loans/grants only pay out when you are physically registered at your university. If you don't attend in person then the loan expires and you can reapply for the following year as a new student.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Nothing would happen. Loans/grants only pay out when you are physically registered at your university. If you don't attend in person then the loan expires and you can reapply for the following year as a new student.

So if I never register at a university, my loan automatically expires, meaning I will owe the Student Loans Company nothing? I don't have to do anything else? Sorry if this is tedious, just want to be thorough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending