The Student Room Group

need help on which subject i should drop come august

I have done my as level exams and i am awaiting my results, i have been doing ict, staristics business studies and history. Honestly i am confident i will pass all 4 but i will need to drop 1 at a2 and i cant decide which 3 make the best combo for a successful career, please help me and i understand that it has to be my choice but i want to hear your opinions or atleast what you would drop if you were in my shoes
Ultimately, the decision is up to you. You are the one studying the subjects and your future is yours, not one to be dictated by anyone on TSR.

All 4 would set you up well for a successful career and provide valuable skills for the world of work, and History in particular is a well-respected A Level which will help you to refine your essay writing skills.

You probably think this post hasn't been very helpful but I'd much rather be that than decide your future for you and 2/3 years down the line, you to think you've made a huge mistake just because of what a few people suggested online. If you're strong at all of the subjects it always makes it that slight bit more difficult to decide which one to drop, but start to have a think about which ones you enjoy the most and which ones you enjoy the least (if possible). You, of course, do not need to have a solid decision until results day and even then, your teachers at school/college may still allow a slight degree of flexibility in the first few weeks of term should you change your mind and decide to do something else. Or, of course, you could stick with all 4, but that's all dependent on whether or not your school/college will let you and whether or not you'd feel comfortable with managing the workload.

Maybe start having a look at plans after-school as well and see which A Levels would best aid you for your plans. If you're planning on going straight into work and have a rough idea of what sort of sector you'd like to head into, either post it back on here and I'll see if I can help in any way possible, or have a look on the relevant forum under 'jobs' to see what other applicants have studied. If you're looking at going to university, you'll need to have a proper think over the summer about what subject you like best out of your set as it is very difficult (not impossible, but almost) apply for very different subjects at university as you only have one personal statement to cover all.
Reply 2
Original post by murda
I have done my as level exams and i am awaiting my results, i have been doing ict, staristics business studies and history. Honestly i am confident i will pass all 4 but i will need to drop 1 at a2 and i cant decide which 3 make the best combo for a successful career, please help me and i understand that it has to be my choice but i want to hear your opinions or atleast what you would drop if you were in my shoes

It depends what you want to do in uni. Defo dnt drop history as its a facilitating subject. Why do you need to drop 1?

Quick Reply

Latest