The Student Room Group

A level Psychology - Whats the workload and difficultly like?

i might do psychology this september
whats the workload like, and is the content easy or hard to understand? opinions and other will help
thank you
Original post by Amandeep :)
i might do psychology this september
whats the workload like, and is the content easy or hard to understand? opinions and other will help
thank you

The work load is heavy, but manageable if you start revising early in the year.

Depends what your strengths are. If you have a good grasp of the concept of Psychology and are good at research methods, then youll find the subject easier than someone who isn't as strong in such an area.
Reply 2
Original post by Emily.97
The work load is heavy, but manageable if you start revising early in the year.

Depends what your strengths are. If you have a good grasp of the concept of Psychology and are good at research methods, then youll find the subject easier than someone who isn't as strong in such an area.

THANK YOU, is there lots to memorise? like how many case studies per topic or whatever?
thanks again
THANK YOU, is there lots to memorise? like how many case studies per topic or whatever?
thanks again

It all depends on which exam board you are doing as some have a set amount of case studies to remember..
But, in general, there will be quite a lot to memorise :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd said there are some easy and some hard parts of the content, but generally it isn't too difficult. The one thing I would say is that I found the workload increased quite a lot in A2, but it wasn't a huge issue - you just have to start revising a bit earlier.
Reply 5
Original post by fluzzles98
It all depends on which exam board you are doing as some have a set amount of case studies to remember..
But, in general, there will be quite a lot to memorise :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you, means alot, and im not sure which exam board we're on , but within each case study is there lots to memorise? what sort of stuff do you have to memorise within the case studies?
thank you
thank you, means alot, and im not sure which exam board we're on , but within each case study is there lots to memorise? what sort of stuff do you have to memorise within the case studies?
thank you

Within each case study you'll need to remember its aim, method, findings and conclusion. You'll also have to be able to evaluate it, sometimes using other mini case studies :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest