The Student Room Group

Want to be looked after? hormones?

Hey,
Basically I've always been a very independent ambitious girl, I've always liked the idea of a boyfriend but it hasn't been a priority and I didn't want kids. In the last few months things have changed. All of a sudden I feel as though I want children and I want more than anything for a guy, to do everything with, and to be looked after by, someone who will be protective of me and care for me. Btw not children now, I know I want stability first. I'm smiling when I see cute babies, and before I didn't really care. I'm 20. I'm a lot more sensitive recently too.

I recently broke things off with a guy I was seeing for a bit who I did really care about. I don't know if this was why.

Where am I suddenly feeling more like this? Anyone else feel like this?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Haha thanks, just find it weird haha, how my view on things have changed so much in a year :smile:
I feel u rlly rlly i do
Reply 3
Original post by Valyrian
I feel u rlly rlly i do

haha how old are you just out of interest. A year ago my friends used talk about kids and I'd roll my eyes, now I'm the same.
Original post by lawlouise
haha how old are you just out of interest. A year ago my friends used talk about kids and I'd roll my eyes, now I'm the same.

18, I'm assuming you're about 21 ish?
Reply 5
I hate it when that happens... wanting something that you can't have.
But it is up to you to bring yourself back up, with new goals, new ambitions and a different outlook in life is totally normal. It is just a learning curve for you to see.
And i just want a girl i can look after and be happy with :getmecoat:
Reply 7
Original post by Valyrian
18, I'm assuming you're about 21 ish?

I'm 20 :smile:
Original post by aamirac
I hate it when that happens... wanting something that you can't have.
But it is up to you to bring yourself back up, with new goals, new ambitions and a different outlook in life is totally normal. It is just a learning curve for you to see.

Yeah haha, I guess so :smile:
Reply 9
Yeah your right thank-you! :smile: Your completely right!
Original post by Anonymous
And i just want a girl i can look after and be happy with :getmecoat:

If I feel like I want someone to look after me being myself after being one of the most independent girls you could meet, I'm sure there are lots of girls out there that would love you to look after them and be happy with :smile:
If I feel like I want someone to look after me being myself after being one of the most independent girls you could meet, I'm sure there are lots of girls out there that would love you to look after them and be happy with :smile:

I still hold out hope that I will meet someone one day, for now i'll just continue to waste oxygen and be one of the 'extras' to everyone else's lives :frown:
I kinda feel the same OP and I'm a similar age to you. I remember all my friends talking about how they really want children (and these are girls on very academic and prestigious courses) and I just used to be all meh about it but now it's like I have some sort of latent urge being awakened and I can't stop cooing over cute babies and children and likewise over sweet elderly couples holding hands who I see when out and about :colondollar: I just want someone to take care of me and not in an entitled way, but more like in a soothing, protect me from the world kinda way (and believe me, I too have also been a very go-getter type of person) :redface:
I kinda feel the same OP and I'm a similar age to you. I remember all my friends talking about how they really want children (and these are girls on very academic and prestigious courses) and I just used to be all meh about it but now it's like I have some sort of latent urge being awakened and I can't stop cooing over cute babies and children and likewise over sweet elderly couples holding hands who I see when out and about :colondollar: I just want someone to take care of me and not in an entitled way, but more like in a soothing, protect me from the world kinda way (and believe me, I too have also been a very go-getter type of person) :redface:

Exactly! Could not have put that better myself! Nice to just know I'm not alone on this one! When I've started talking about it to my friends, they sort of just shrug it off now and are like but your too busy for a boyfriend anyway, your independent girl, wish I was like you! So its sort of hard to chat to them about it, so thank-you for replying :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending