The Student Room Group

Liz Kendall Appreciation Thread

Discuss.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone else think she gesticulates like an early 90s hip hop artist or is that just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The picture pretty much sums her up...
Reply 3
I like her. She's very attractive and dynamic, obviously far too modern for the Labour party.
Original post by meenu89
I like her. She's very attractive and dynamic, obviously far too modern for the Labour party.

By 'modern' you mean right wing? I take it.
The right love to do that, take nasty concepts and give to them nice fluffy words such as 'reforming' or 'modernising'.
Reply 5
She should quit Labour and set up a new Blairite coalition. At the end of the day, an SDP-like situation of 1983 is absolutely bound to happen in this parliament anyway, considering Corbyn is winning. Or Tristram Hunt's coup of Corbyn will succeed. One or the other.

Whatever happens, if she wants to win, she needs to quit. There needs to be a successor party of Labour that is further to the right than Corbyn and further to the left than Lib Dems. That's the only place that they can realistically win, and in the words of Tony Blair yesterday "get a transplant if you believe otherwise"
(edited 8 years ago)
I like her, not that I think that would please her very much.
IF Labour want to spend the next 5 years not really making up their mind about anything, then losing, then blaming it both on being too left and too right wing, before another leadership election exactly the same as this one happens.... then yeh, Kendalls yer gall.
Reply 8
Original post by mojojojo101
IF Labour want to spend the next 5 years not really making up their mind about anything, then losing, then blaming it both on being too left and too right wing, before another leadership election exactly the same as this one happens.... then yeh, Kendalls yer gall.

Kendall is a candidate with a platform which won one third of elections of Labour. That's 3 out of 9. Or 3 out of 7 if you ignore Harold Wilson's toys out of pram early elections.

In other words, it's a better bet than the alternatives, which either haven't been tried (Cooper), failed (Burnham) or is a century too late (Corbyn)
Original post by Nortus
Kendall is a candidate with a platform which won one third of elections of Labour. That's 3 out of 9. Or 3 out of 7 if you ignore Harold Wilson's toys out of pram early elections.

In other words, it's a better bet than the alternatives, which either haven't been tried (Cooper), failed (Burnham) or is a century too late (Corbyn)

You make the assumption that the world is the same as it was in those previous elections, it clearly isn't.
Reply 10
You make the assumption that the world is the same as it was in those previous elections, it clearly isn't.

How much the world has changed in 3 months ... terrifying.
Original post by Nortus
How much the world has changed in 3 months ... terrifying.

The politcal landscape HAS changed massively since 2010, let alone 1997. Hoping to succeed now by copying what was done then is foolishness to the nth degree.
Reply 12
The politcal landscape HAS changed massively since 2010, let alone 1997. Hoping to succeed now by copying what was done then is foolishness to the nth degree.

Are you living in July 2010? It's July 2015.

Nevertheless, the political landscape has not changed since 2010.
I'd bet that she's a 'freak in the sheets'.
Original post by meenu89

Of course you would, she's a Tory dressed as a Labour candidate.

What does attractiveness have to do with shaping policies, dynamic I.e. willing to change her stance at any moment?
(edited 8 years ago)
Yay Liz.

I was at the Camberwell CLP last week, we had a vote for which candidate the branch would support. 96 people turned up (the most I've ever seen at a CLP). 50 votes for Liz, 35 for Corbachev.
WHy do you hate her, and why do you, as a Tory, insult her for being a Tory (hint, she isn't)?
Original post by getfunky!
Of course you would, she's a Tory dressed as a Labour candidate.

Says the person who is part of the Labour equivalent of the Tea Party

Saint Jezza as Leader, Diane Abbott as Shadow Chancellor. What could possibly go wrong? :lol:
Original post by ExcitedPup
Says the person who is part of the Labour equivalent of the Tea Party

Saint Jezza as Leader, Diane Abbott as Shadow Chancellor. What could possibly go wrong? :lol:

:lolwut: I'm part of what?

:pain:The other candidates don't justify her being seen as an ideal candidate for the labour leadership
Original post by Nortus
She should quit Labour and set up a new Blairite coalition. At the end of the day, an SDP-like situation of 1983 is absolutely bound to happen in this parliament anyway, considering Corbyn is winning. Or Tristram Hunt's coup of Corbyn will succeed. One or the other.

Whatever happens, if she wants to win, she needs to quit. There needs to be a successor party of Labour that is further to the right than Corbyn and further to the left than Lib Dems. That's the only place that they can realistically win, and in the words of Tony Blair yesterday "get a transplant if you believe otherwise"

Spot on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending