The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

University of Bristol

Hey.. so I’ve recently had a surge of interest regarding the University of Bristol and I was hoping students/prior students of University of Bristol could give me an insight into life as a student. I am looking for 1 more university to complete the suggested 5 preferences; Bristol was never on my radar however, following visiting the city and hearing incredible reviews, it has popped onto my radar. So if anyone could give me an honest insight into life at Bristol, that’d be great! Many thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Not a student myself but my daughter attends UOB and absolutely loves it. Was not initially her first choice but wishes it was as its so amazing. Created a big friendship circle via clubs and associations and has a very active social life as a result, so has to focus on work/play balance. She is in a group of six in halls but actually doesn't do that much with the ones in the share nearly all her social life is consumed with contacts made via the clubs/ groups she joins in with.
Its a town Uni rather than a campus one with buildings mixed throughout the area but the town is home to something like 25,000 UOB students and something like another 35,000 UWE so everything is geared to the student demographic hence she benefits from numerous student deals and attends loads of events and clubs. I understand there is also a large LGBT+ community but with a student demographic this big they have everything covered off. If you like quite events you can join craft clubs and the like, if you are into sports that's all covered, if you like going out there is an active night life. Party themes all the time. I think a couple of nights back it was a white t-shirt party. Last year there was even a "Liz Truss leaving party - the party she should have had night" frankly sounds like any excuse to party half the time. There are lots of social events around Halloween, as i say its very active,
I would say like anything, you will only get out what you put in, you need to get out there and grasp the opportunities, join the clubs and make the effort, don't sit around waiting for things to come to you be pro active. If you can do that from what i hear from my daughter and a number of her male and female friends you will will enjoy it at UOB, it will be life changing. IMO I don't think you will get a better experience anywhere else. Good luck.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending