The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Official University of Worcester 2022 Applicant Thread

Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Worcester for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I have applied to study Primary Education with QTS. I am currently studying CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education. Has anyone had an interview yet? If you have, please could you tell me how it went, give me any advice, what questions were asked, if you have to prepare anything, and how many interviewers are there? Thank you so much!
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
Original post by Zarapurple123
Hey, I have applied to study Primary Education with QTS. I am currently studying CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education. Has anyone had an interview yet? If you have, please could you tell me how it went, give me any advice, what questions were asked, if you have to prepare anything, and how many interviewers are there? Thank you so much!

Hii, had my interview and honestly theres nothing you need to be worried about as everyone was so friendly. The staff and lectures all made you feel welcome and it was much more relaxed and 'informal' then some of the other interviews I have been too. Of course dress smartly but theres nothing to catch you out. If you've been given the information leaflet (I got it sent over email) then everything you need to prepare for is on there and just enjoy it. Good luck!
Original post by Anonymous
Hii, had my interview and honestly theres nothing you need to be worried about as everyone was so friendly. The staff and lectures all made you feel welcome and it was much more relaxed and 'informal' then some of the other interviews I have been too. Of course dress smartly but theres nothing to catch you out. If you've been given the information leaflet (I got it sent over email) then everything you need to prepare for is on there and just enjoy it. Good luck!

Heyy thanks for the advice! And hope your interview went well! What course did you apply for?
Heyy thanks for the advice! And hope your interview went well! What course did you apply for?

no problem! My interview was for primary education (initial teaching training) with qts. Have you had your interview yet or not?
no problem! My interview was for primary education (initial teaching training) with qts. Have you had your interview yet or not?

ooh same as me, no I haven't had my interview yet, I have it on the 19th of January, im really nervous, especially with suprise questions! I feel like I would just freeze on the spot!
Hello, I have applied to study Occupational Therapy at Worcester and I'm really excited about it! I had my interview a few days ago and so far everyone has been so kind and friendly there which is really great. I actually finished my A-Levels a few years ago and have taken some time out to figure out what I want to do and gain some work experience but I studied Psychology, English Literature and Religious Studies. I wish everyone the best of luck with their applications and interviews! :heart:
ooh same as me, no I haven't had my interview yet, I have it on the 19th of January, im really nervous, especially with suprise questions! I feel like I would just freeze on the spot!

Honestly there is nothing to be too worried about, everyone was so lovely and welcoming. if you want I can message you and talk you through the process?
Honestly there is nothing to be too worried about, everyone was so lovely and welcoming. if you want I can message you and talk you through the process?

Hi! I have my interview soon also for primary education and I'm getting nervous, I was just wondering what are some questions they asked you, was it just one staff member interviewing you or multiple and how long did it take? Thankyouu
Hey 👋🏻
I have applied for adult nursing and have had my interview today so fingers crossed it went well 🤞🏼🤞🏼
Currently doing an access to higher education for health professionals:smile:
Hi! I have my interview soon also for primary education and I'm getting nervous, I was just wondering what are some questions they asked you, was it just one staff member interviewing you or multiple and how long did it take? Thankyouu

I'm not sure if everyone has the same process, but I assume so. For me it was in person and there was about 20 of us, we did a written task which is nothing to be worried about, all the lectures were very friendly and they make you feel really relaxed and welcome. We divided into groups of 4 and did a little group task which was just a discussion and then there was a individual interview afterwards. They just asked the generic questions which you get at most interviews but there nothing to be nervous about, just research into the things that they suggest on the interview leaflet (things like safeguarding, teacher standards etc) which is emailed out beforehand and I'm sure you'll do great! Good luck
Original post by Tangled1987
Hey 👋🏻
I have applied for adult nursing and have had my interview today so fingers crossed it went well 🤞🏼🤞🏼
Currently doing an access to higher education for health professionals:smile:

Hi, I applied for adult nursing too, did you get an offer? If so did you put it as your firm choice ?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Kirstmac26
Hi, I applied for adult nursing too, did you get an offer? If so did you put it as your firm choice ?

Yes I’ve had a conditional acceptance :smile: I haven’t accepted yet as I want to go and have another look around the campus
Original post by Tangled1987
Yes I’ve had a conditional acceptance :smile: I haven’t accepted yet as I want to go and have another look around the campus

That’s a good idea,
Well done!! Do you live far away from Worcester?
Original post by Kirstmac26
That’s a good idea,
Well done!! Do you live far away from Worcester?

Nope not far and I’ve heard good things just want to make sure I go where’s best for me and I really like Worcester in general :smile: are you local to the town?
I live not too far from Worcester, which is convenient as I can come home when I want to see my mum and boyfriend. Worcester is very safe so it feels like a nice place to start living on my own
I’ve applied to Worcester for adult nursing, haven’t heard back from the application yet tho…. Living just outside of Worcester :smile:
Original post by Futurenurse05
I’ve applied to Worcester for adult nursing, haven’t heard back from the application yet tho…. Living just outside of Worcester :smile:

Oooo that’s so good! Have you had an interview yet?
Reply 18
Hey ya’ll,

I applied for Physiotherapy MSc Pre-reg . How long does it take to hear back from them? I’m also an international student if that may have an effect on processing time.
Reply 19
Original post by J.SC
Hey ya’ll,

I applied for Physiotherapy MSc Pre-reg . How long does it take to hear back from them? I’m also an international student if that may have an effect on processing time.

I'm also an international student applied Bsc physio. Done the interview 3 weeks ago, haven't heard back yet although the interviewer said it should be 1 to 2 weeks after interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending