The Student Room Group

BSMS A100 Applicants for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

You might think it went bad but ive thought ive flopped exams and done 2 or even 3 grades better and remember its not entirely how you do but the top x amount that get offers so you could be in that top x amount 👍
Are all interviews done now
Original post by L2Medicine2016
Are all interviews done now

I spoke to one of the medical students and she said that yesterday was the last day of interviews, but I'm not really sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is correct, they have now had the final interview day. We should find out mid March.
Original post by dotmamwa
I spoke to one of the medical students and she said that yesterday was the last day of interviews, but I'm not really sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks the wait begins
Reply 785
So how is everyone feeling about their interviews? I for one cannot get this medicine application out of my mind and is driving me mad because there are soooo many other things that I need to do like studying and job applications!! I've only got BSMS left now so it's all or nothing for me which is not a great feeling at all. I feel very miserable at the moment at the prospect of not getting in but still can't shake the feeling that I have not done well enough to get an offer. I didn't even answer one of the questions so I am not hopeful at all.
Reply 786
Original post by AnnekaChan173
Aaaah it was awful for me, completely losing faith... But thank you!

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully you've done better than you think. At your admissions talk before the interview did they give any information on when they would hold their big meeting and when we can expect to hear news back from them?
Omg people already have offers :O I wonder how many offers they've given out so far!
Original post by ashsmiley1811
Omg people already have offers :O I wonder how many offers they've given out so far!

You got to have faith, player!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kc91
Sorry to hear this. Hopefully you've done better than you think. At your admissions talk before the interview did they give any information on when they would hold their big meeting and when we can expect to hear news back from them?

At my interview they told us that they would have a meeting at the beginning of march and we would know by mid- march!
I'm so annoyed at myself, I got asked such a normal question and I literally gave a huge story back completely missing the point of what was asked😫 Just gotta wait and see I guess ahh
Reply 791
Original post by StrugglingPupil
I'm so annoyed at myself, I got asked such a normal question and I literally gave a huge story back completely missing the point of what was asked😫 Just gotta wait and see I guess ahh

Well I flat out did not answer one question which is bugging me loads (the interviewer asked me 2 qs at once and I only answered the 1st one)... I'm really angry at myself over that

I guess all we can do is wait and try not to think about it but practically that is not happening with me.... Im probably going to be in this state until I get an answer from them :frown:
Reply 792
Original post by katerina.drakos
At my interview they told us that they would have a meeting at the beginning of march and we would know by mid- march!

Thanks for this info. That's really useful to know. Last year offers didnt come out til 19th march and I hope that we hear back much sooner because I'm not sure how much more I can take of waiting and hoping. I'm driving myself mad by thinking about my interview daily.

Hopefully we only have like 3ish weeks to wait then
Original post by kc91

I felt the same as you about my interview! Fingers crossed we have done enough, BSMS is my last chance this year too. The meeting is on the 7th of March and they said we'll find out by the middle-end of the month probably.
has anybody got a post-interview rejection from BSMS yet?
Reply 795
Original post by witchman
has anybody got a post-interview rejection from BSMS yet?

From looking at last years thread they seem to release offers first. So after 7th March we should hear.
I'm finding it so hard to focus on Uni work with all this waiting at the back of my mind!
Reply 796
Original post by l90x
From looking at last years thread they seem to release offers first. So after 7th March we should hear.
I'm finding it so hard to focus on Uni work with all this waiting at the back of my mind!

Tell me about it. I can't focus on work either. Just want to know now but then part of me doesn't in case it's a rejection because I don't know what I'll do if it's a rejection
Reply 797
Does anyone know when the deadline is to respond to offers?
Original post by kc91
Tell me about it. I can't focus on work either. Just want to know now but then part of me doesn't in case it's a rejection because I don't know what I'll do if it's a rejection

Me right now. I have my fingers crossed for you, I think we're in the same position of relying on Brighton. Hopefully we're both Brighton freshers next year 😭

Original post by L0zzaP
Does anyone know when the deadline is to respond to offers?

They said everyone should know by the end of March.
Reply 799
Original post by L0zzaP
They said everyone should know by the end of March.

I already have an offer but I don't know when I have to reply by? I thought they said 30 days in the presentation before my interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending