The Student Room Group

More outrage over Cecil the lion than PlannedParenthood cherry picking baby parts

Comes to something when people are more concerned over Cecil the lion dying than babies dying on mass being mutilated for their organs for profit. As another video comes out exposing PP not much outrage in the press?
Contains footage of organ harvesting
[video]https://youtu.be/Xw2xi9mhmuo[/video]

I suppose the media tells people what to be outraged about...
Original post by SeaPony
Comes to something when people are more concerned over Cecil the lion dying than babies dying on mass being mutilated for their organs for profit. As another video comes out exposing PP not much outrage in the press?

Organ transplant isn't really mutilation.
Reply 2
Original post by MatureStudent36
Organ transplant isn't really mutilation.

Organ harvesting involves the same actions, just with more accuracy for maximum profits.
Reply 3
Original post by SeaPony

Foetuses are not babies. They are not yet independently alive. And if they're being aborted anyway, why not use the remains to save someone who is alive?
Reply 4
Original post by Arbolus
Foetuses are not babies. They are not yet independently alive. And if they're being aborted anyway, why not use the remains to save someone who is alive?

Use the nice Latin word to dehumanise your victim. I have already debated with pro-deathers before, easy... but I can do it again for you?
Original post by SeaPony
X

More outrage over the killing of a sentient creature that has been alive for many years and has a family, as compared to scientists using foetal tissue for medical research to find cures for diseases and so on.

I can't imagine why? :rolleyes:
Original post by SeaPony

No we make up our own mind and using organs that were to be disposed of any ways for a useful purpose seems fine in my eyes.

I'm not even bothered that a lion was killed but more concerned about they seem to sold the man a right to go out and murder a creature for no other purpose than "enjoyment"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by ExcitedPup
More outrage over the killing of a sentient creature that has been alive for many years and has a family, as compared to scientists using foetal tissue for medical research to find cures for diseases and so on.

I can't imagine why? :rolleyes:

I repeat my response to another pro-deather above.
Reply 8
Original post by AccountingBabe
No we make up our own mind and using organs that were to be disposed of any ways for a useful purpose seems fine in my eyes.

I'm not even bothered that a lion was killed but more concerned about they seem to sold the man a right to go out and murder a creature for no other purpose than "enjoyment"?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even if you do like and support the murder of unborn babies surly you must see this as unethical in the sense that they are making money off of this?
I'm not sure that the video actually provides the whole story. yes i did watch it, but you seem to miss the fact taht the tissues acquired from foetuses are for the vital organs (brain, heart, lungs, liver etc.) for the purpose of doing research. I don't know what sort of research that is being done, but i doubt it is organ harvesting, since an undeveloped foetus' organs will not be useful in any way besides research and stem cell treatments, simply because they are not developed properly. Organ harvesting I would think is more developed organs, such as those from adults and adolescents,
Baby also implies that the foetus has been born, while in fact it has been removed from the uterus before it can survive, and is not born in any stretch of the word.
his is just sensationalism and is actually rather one sided.
Can you really blame a company for trying to profit from organic waste generated from their procedures? THe video also seems to ignroe the costs involved with running and maintaining facilities
Original post by SeaPony
Even if you do like and support the murder of unborn babies surly you must see this as unethical in the sense that they are making money off of this?

I'm sorry no... I'd rather these organs go to the highest bidder as they are the most likely to have the resources to do the most research from this deal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arbolus

I think at some point 'god' will be mentioned
The planned parenthood thing has already being debunked thoroughly.

[video="youtube;aAq_lhZG1tU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAq_lhZG1tU[/video]
Reply 13
Original post by SeaPony
Use the nice Latin word to dehumanise your victim. I have already debated with pro-deathers before, easy... but I can do it again for you?

There is no victim. Whether you call them foetuses or babies, the fact is that they are neither rational nor self-aware, and thus have no interest in continuing to live.

When someone kicks a stone down the road, is the stone a victim of abuse? No, because the stone has no interest in whether it is kicked or not, and whilst a foetus is alive, that doesn't mean it has any preferences.

By contrast, this incident, and trophy-hunting in general, inflicts unnecessary suffering on sentient beings. In this case, Cecil the Lion had cubs who will probably now be killed by the other dominant male in the habitat as well.

(If Planned Parenthood have engaged in illegal activities, that is wrong, but there's conflicting reports on whether they have or not, so until the investigations are finished, I'm not going to comment on whether I think they've done something wrong without knowing all the facts. Using the organs of aborted foetuses, however, is an excellent thing to do, because it saves the lives of self-aware human beings who want to go on living.)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SeaPony

Fine. Unborn developing human. Is that humanising enough for you?

The fact is, the unborn developing human cannot really be considered a person until they become conscious of themselves and their environment. Prior to that, apart from their human genes there is nothing to distinguish them from any other bundle of cells. You cannot award full human rights to every single piece of human tissue in the world irrespective of whether it's part of someone or not.
Of course people are more concerned about the lion, it is an actual being, whereas a foetus isnt any more of a being than the sperm you shoot into your tissue every night before going to sleep.
Original post by SeaPony
Organ harvesting involves the same actions, just with more accuracy for maximum profits.

Where do you get link between organ transplant and profits.
Original post by SeaPony

I'm going to presume by your icon you're a libertarian/conservative. Join the club :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending